Plava81

I-601 A Waiver approved but visa in my home country denied

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hi. I'm in process for I-601 a waiver. My husband is US citizen and I came here illegally 14 years ago. We are married for 13 years. We have 2 kids. I don't have criminal record But I don't have any proof how I came in this country , because I ripped that passport and put into the garbage. At that time I thought it's best that I do that because it was probably stolen passport and I was scared. That's how it is when you coming in new country.

Now my Lawer recommend me that I stop with this waiver because he thinks that at my country they will denied my visa and I will stuck there. I don't know what to do

At beginning he told me different story

Does anybody have similar story like me ?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why does he think you will be denied?

Usual problem is that you have issues that can not be dealt with by an I 601a

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

He just told me yesterday because,i don't have that passport how I enter in U.S.

The passport was probably false. I can't remember

The reason is that proof how I enter in US

On the beginning he told it doesn't matter as long as I don't have criminal record and I'm married with US citizen for more than 10 years and I have 2 kids

Timeline

If you were inspected on entry then you could adjust in county with a I 601.

There is no 10 year or children requirement, well 10 years for COR but that route is unusual.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I was inspected but I can't remember name on the passport that I used.

It was 14 years ago

I remember while I was in the plane I was scared to look in that passport (you know you are doing something illegal)

Now I don't know ,what's the problem

Why my Lawer is saying this because he already knew everything from the beginning

Timeline

Probably thinks you will be hit with misrep and need a I 601.

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

I don't believe that fraud can be waived with an advance waiver. He is probably saying that you will have to go back and file a standard 601 rather than the 601A.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well the other question is if it was a passport issued by your home country or was it a US issued passport? That would change the conversation completely.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: Timeline

If its not a US PP its not too bas, If you can get that name in PP used

from whomever U got it you could do a FOIA with CBP and adjust here

if not you will go back to your country to consular interview & mail waiver

the day after to NEB. have the waiver ready B4 leaving & that could be 6-9 mths

wait in your country.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.