Michael_88

K-1 Visa approved! No further updates??

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the informative information Prague! I didn't realise all of that was happening. My case now has been updated as of today and states that it's under "Administrative Processing". Now is this a bad thing? Do all cases go under this step?

It's a good thing. K-1s often go to AP right before being issued. Mine was issued this morning. Best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are on the same boat, I checked mine today and it was on "administrative processing" too. How many days are we going to wait. I am hoping its going to be issued as soon as possible.

Timeline

We are on the same boat, I checked mine today and it was on "administrative processing" too. How many days are we going to wait. I am hoping its going to be issued as soon as possible

So I did some back tracking through the Montreal forums and it seems that many people who went through Montreal were experiencing the same delays in their visa's being issued after the interview. I was concerned after a point, feeling unsure that my case alone was being singled out/targeted due to whatever reasons but from my research on here many who had their interviews around the same time as me (2nd week of May) and onwards are going through the same delays. Never the less I'm still happy my case has changed at least from "READY" to "Administrative Processing". I actually contacted Montreal yesterday and they responded back quite promptly saying everything with my case in terms of documentation was okay and that it's just going through "AP" and that they will contact ASAP when everything has been complete. So we'll see what happens, hopefully good news soon!

See this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551625-ceac-website/

I think there is a systematic problem.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

But I dont have an email from loomis yet.

I signed up for Loomis when I originally booked my interview date but haven't received an email from them yet either. I'm sure by next Monday we will hear from them. I'm still so excited that are Visa's have been issued! I was really stressing about it.

Timeline

Got an email today! Check yours now! Thank you, the waiting time is over!

Lucky! I haven't received anything yet. If you got an email today I'll probably get a notice maybe tomorrow, after all are visa's were both issued on the same day.

Timeline

After endless delays this year, our status changed to "Issued" on Tuesday, June 9th (two days ago). Since you guys seemed to be a few days ahead of me on getting "Issued" and are now getting your emails from Loomis I really hope that ours will be here soon too!

Mailed in 129F Packet: June 23, 2015

NOA1: July 8, 2014

NOA2: January 4, 2015

Packet 3: February 21, 2015

Packet 4: February 27, 2015

1st Canadian Background Check Performed: March 23, 2015 (Ended up getting lost in the mail!)

Interview (Montreal): April 1, 2015 (Not approved- missing Canadian Background Check)

2nd Canadian Background Check Performed: April 7, 2015 (Location's system went down, never received)

3rd Canadian Background Check Performed: April 10, 2015 (Emailed to us a few hours later)

3rd Canadian Background Check & Passport submitted to U.S. Consulate via Loomis: April 13, 2015

3rd Canadian Background Check Rejected for being a print-out (that's all we had at first!): May 6, 2015

Original 3rd Canadian Background Check w/ Sticker submitted via Loomis: May 6, 2015

Status Changed to "Issued": June 9, 2015

Visa Ready for Pick-Up: June 12, 2015

POE (Canadian-USA Border at Champlain St. Bernard de Lacolle): June 12, 2015

MARRIED! June 23, 2015

Mailed in AOS Packet: June 27, 2015

NOA1: July 6, 2015

Biometrics: July 20, 2015 (Actual appt. date in letter was July 28, 2015, but we did a walk-in)

Timeline

After endless delays this year, our status changed to "Issued" on Tuesday, June 9th (two days ago). Since you guys seemed to be a few days ahead of me on getting "Issued" and are now getting your emails from Loomis I really hope that ours will be here soon too!

Hang in there. I literally just checked my e-mail as I'm typing this and see that Loomis has emailed me instruction to pick up my passport. Hopefully they should get in contact with you latest some time next week. I understand this whole process is very nerve wracking from the beginning to end but we all are on our way to the finish line! Keep your head up and please keep us updated!

Timeline

Hang in there. I literally just checked my e-mail as I'm typing this and see that Loomis has emailed me instruction to pick up my passport. Hopefully they should get in contact with you latest some time next week. I understand this whole process is very nerve wracking from the beginning to end but we all are on our way to the finish line! Keep your head up and please keep us updated!

My fiance just got the email!!!!! I'm so excited! So happy for you too!

Mailed in 129F Packet: June 23, 2015

NOA1: July 8, 2014

NOA2: January 4, 2015

Packet 3: February 21, 2015

Packet 4: February 27, 2015

1st Canadian Background Check Performed: March 23, 2015 (Ended up getting lost in the mail!)

Interview (Montreal): April 1, 2015 (Not approved- missing Canadian Background Check)

2nd Canadian Background Check Performed: April 7, 2015 (Location's system went down, never received)

3rd Canadian Background Check Performed: April 10, 2015 (Emailed to us a few hours later)

3rd Canadian Background Check & Passport submitted to U.S. Consulate via Loomis: April 13, 2015

3rd Canadian Background Check Rejected for being a print-out (that's all we had at first!): May 6, 2015

Original 3rd Canadian Background Check w/ Sticker submitted via Loomis: May 6, 2015

Status Changed to "Issued": June 9, 2015

Visa Ready for Pick-Up: June 12, 2015

POE (Canadian-USA Border at Champlain St. Bernard de Lacolle): June 12, 2015

MARRIED! June 23, 2015

Mailed in AOS Packet: June 27, 2015

NOA1: July 6, 2015

Biometrics: July 20, 2015 (Actual appt. date in letter was July 28, 2015, but we did a walk-in)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.