jsoubenz

Affidavit Of Support

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will be using a co-sponsor to meet the 125% guidelines on the affidavit of support documents, as suggested, since it will have to be met for the AOS eventually. Both my co-sponsor and I work, but will not be including bank information with the form because neither of us have significant savings. My co-sponsor meets the 125% requirement for income, so I am planning on sending the following for each of us: the affidavit of support form, a copy of each 2014 tax return (1040), 3 recent paystubs from each of us, and a letter of employment from both my co-sponsor and I. Will this be enough documentation to satisfy the affidavit of support requirements?

​​event.png

event.png

monkey_80_anim_gif.gifmonkey_80_anim_gif.gif

s3ha3d.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Sarah... im on my phone so don't have a way to download to look it up. Download the directions for the affidavit of support. My husband is from Morocco too and I had a cosponsor. If I remember correctly they will need banking information. They will also need (3) years of tax returns, not one. A letter from your employer... etc.etc.. much more. It should be on in the directions on the aff. of sup... if will give you all the additional 'required' proof that you and your cosponsor needs to send in. Also, you will need to list your assets. Don't under proof... overproof!!!!!!! Hope this helps.

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Timeline

I will be using a co-sponsor to meet the 125% guidelines on the affidavit of support documents, as suggested, since it will have to be met for the AOS eventually. Both my co-sponsor and I work, but will not be including bank information with the form because neither of us have significant savings. My co-sponsor meets the 125% requirement for income, so I am planning on sending the following for each of us: the affidavit of support form, a copy of each 2014 tax return (1040), 3 recent paystubs from each of us, and a letter of employment from both my co-sponsor and I. Will this be enough documentation to satisfy the affidavit of support requirements?

I agree with the poster above, it is better to be safe than sorry. Submit as much proof as you can. Good luck!

Timeline

Hi Sarah... im on my phone so don't have a way to download to look it up. Download the directions for the affidavit of support. My husband is from Morocco too and I had a cosponsor. If I remember correctly they will need banking information. They will also need (3) years of tax returns, not one. A letter from your employer... etc.etc.. much more. It should be on in the directions on the aff. of sup... if will give you all the additional 'required' proof that you and your cosponsor needs to send in. Also, you will need to list your assets. Don't under proof... overproof!!!!!!! Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response. I went and read the instructions several times. My question regarding the bank information, is because I do not use a bank account, my check is deposited on a prepaid debit card, so I have no bank information to send. I have no assets and neither does my co-sponsor, income alone is what we will use to qualify us. Also according to the instruction, if I am understanding correctly it says one year of tax returns, should I still send three years?

​​event.png

event.png

s3ha3d.jpg

Timeline

Ok... curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up.... it says...

"Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or financial resources may result in a denial of the aliens application for visa......"

"Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

1. Date account opened

2. Total amount deposited for the past year, and

3. Present balance.

B. Statements from your employer on business stationary showing:

1. Date and nature of employment.

2. Salary paid, and

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed

1. Copy of last income tax return filed, or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and nane of record owner(s).

But I would send three years... not one. This is your future.. leave no question in their mind. Have him take a multitude of pictures of you and him to the interview also. You filed about the sane time of the year we did when we went through this. We filed in May, and he had his interview in November and received his visa in December, and got here in January. Hopefully you will have a speedy process also. Just always remember to give them more than they ask for!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

Ok... curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up.... it says...

"Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or financial resources may result in a denial of the aliens application for visa......"

"Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

1. Date account opened

2. Total amount deposited for the past year, and

3. Present balance.

B. Statements from your employer on business stationary showing:

1. Date and nature of employment.

2. Salary paid, and

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed

1. Copy of last income tax return filed, or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and nane of record owner(s).

But I would send three years... not one. This is your future.. leave no question in their mind. Have him take a multitude of pictures of you and him to the interview also. You filed about the sane time of the year we did when we went through this. We filed in May, and he had his interview in November and received his visa in December, and got here in January. Hopefully you will have a speedy process also. Just always remember to give them more than they ask for!

Thank you so much for the advice, it's reassuring to hear from someone who has gone through the process in the same country.

​​event.png

event.png

s3ha3d.jpg

Timeline

Yes, send them three anyhow. Is there a way that you can log on to your card info and print out the activity on it? It will show your paycheck deposits. Also, add an attachment to the affidavit of support explaining why you do not have any particular information they are asking for. Never fail to submit something without a reasonable explantion. Make sure you have that banking information from your cosponsor though. Also, if possible send more than 3 months of pay stubs. Atleast 6 months. Or more if you want. To enclose just the minimal amount of proof can add doubt, but to overproof and send an exceedingly amount there'll be no room for doubt.

Thank you so much for the advice, it's reassuring to hear from someone who has gone through the process in the same country.

Your welcome Sarah! We are all glad to help. ;-)

Edited by MouadsWife

Timeline

Plus... we gotta get another moroccan homie over here!! Just kidding! NOT. Jk.... yeah... seriously... really need one... hhhh

Yeah you should be able to print out your transactions regardless. Even paypal gives you a monthly statement.

On most statements it'll show at the first thing, how much you deposited for the month. This is pretty important when it comes to them calculating how much you make/have made. If you can print out only your deposits then go ahead and do that for the year.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Those are the exact things I sent to my fiancé with the exception of the tax returns being just the transcripts. We used my dad as a cosponsor.

K1
09.25.2014: I-129f Sent
05.26.2015: Interview - Approved
06.09.2015: US Entry

AOS
09.23.2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP Packet

05.17.2016: Interview - Approved

05.27.2016: Green Card Received

ROC
03.20.2018: Sent ROC Packet

03.22.2018: Received at VSC

04.02.2018: Received NOA1

05.12.2018: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

05.24.2018: Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My dad is our cosponsor and he is a well known professor at a major research university, so we were lucky, one google search can show he is successful and legit and can easily support us. We supplied both of my parents' W-2's from 2013 and 2014 and their tax returns from both years and we never had a problem.

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Timeline

You can send either transcripts or copies of the 1040. It doesn't matter. Either way, your good!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.