Jump to content

green card after been removed

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I'm looking for some advise, my brother came into the us illegally, first he came into the us with a working visa from Mexico, and he meet his now wife. He went back to Mexico to visit family, trusting that he could be back because he also had tourist visa. At the border one officer stop him, and send him back to Mexico, they took his passport and canceled. I guess since was coming to US with a working visa first that look suspicious to the officer. Not know all the details very well. He intended to cross the border again and was stopped, and was send back to Mexico again. After a 3er. time he was able to do it. When he came back he married his wife and been married since then. His wife didn't try to fix his legal situation in fear he would be deported and ban forever. After a few years they went to talk to a lawyer to seek advise. The lawyer help then by filled all paperwork and apply for an adjustment of status then biometrics and after to an interview, they get approved for a green card a few years ago they were able to remove conditions. But every since he received permanent residency. He has never leave the country, he is in fear because he can lose his residency. My question is this. Can immigration give a green card to someone that been removed without applying for a waiver? and most important if he ever leaves the country when he tries to come back the immigration officer would be able to find about the removal? Can he be ban forever?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he disclose all his prior incidents when obtaining a GC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.