5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are a little zoned out right now. My fiancé's interview went somewhat tricky.

Anyways, he was "approved" and by this I mean that they didn't have his fingerprints in the system and they had to take them again there the day of the interview. Finally, he got sent to a CO and was asked about having a criminal record which he kept replying no and no various times. At the end the CO just said that he would run his fingerprints and records through again to see if he had any past crimes or bad record and if nothing came up then his visa would arrive in two weeks. We received the green paper that said his visa was approved... but it is still frustrating to have to go through that all because they messed up his fingerprints at the first ASC appointment and never reported it nor asked to see him again!! UGH!!!

So now we must wait! His record is completely clean since we had the police report as well but I guess our CO was just rude and mean today and made us doubt his approval so now.... we must wait for DHL and ugh I know we are approved but still to have that happen to us totally killed our happiness and we are still between being ecstatically happy and just numb....

-_-

Once I am up for it I shall write the review and the full details of what happened with my fiancé so others will be attentive about it. I will do a follow up. Feel free to comment or share if you have ever had a similar situation!

- Frida

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I guess our CO was just rude and mean today and made us doubt his approval so now....
But maybe there is more to the story than you think. Maybe his name or something particular matched up with someone who has a dubious past. We've seen this happen before; nothing either of you two did wrong except some weird coincidence.
Don't be so quick to hang the CO. They usually know what they are doing.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You're right. My fiancé is much more calm than I am and is telling me to just think things through and not blame the CO. It's just that he told me how other people being interviewed had kind Co's who made small talk and we're joyful to the beneficiaries and others. So getting CO out of the rest I thought it might just be his attitude. Now that we think of it, the mistake of the biometrics is what may have them thinking only because they were taken again this same day and of course the background check doesn't come in right away. I'm feeling better now and do feel bad about my rant :/ I know we are clean so I need to just be confident that his visa will arrive soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

A similar thing happened to us. We applied for a police report for him a month before our interview which was supposed to take 5 to 10 business days, unless they find a criminal record in the system, which makes the process longer. He has no record so we assumed it would be quick. A month later we had to go to the interview without it and were denied under 221g because we didn't have the report. We kept calling the cops and the finger printing company and they wouldn't give us any information besides that the report was being processed and that longer processing times usually mean a criminal record. The fingerprinting company were beyond rude. It was so frustrating. I was crying constantly and worried sick. Finally today we heard from the fingerprinting company notifying us that the police report is finally ready and there is no criminal record just like we knew. However on the police report it said it was processed on March 31st but it wasn't sent out until this week, so it was probably sitting on someone's desk for two months. The moral of the story is never give up hope. Bureaucracies can be a disorgnaized mess

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.