Hazel18

Frustrated

42 posts in this topic

We sent in our IV cheque may 8. We got a confirmation email dated the 15th.not too long. But it doesn't really make a difference if we can't proceed on the links.

We met in 2002, dated and were torn apart in 2003and we reconnected end of 2013

I married the love of my life (L) : March 21, 2014

We sent in our I-130 package to USCIS: August 8, 2014

USCIS received I-130: August 11, 2014

USCIS approves our case: February 10, 2015

USCIS sends case to NVC: February 18, 2015

NVC welcome letter + email received: March 10, 2015 - date on letter March 3, 2015

NVC assigned case number: March 1, 2015

DS-261 filed: March 10, 2015

AOS fee payed online: March 10, 2015

NVC confirmation letter for choice of agent being registered: May 5, 2015 - received this letter thru email on May 7, 2014 and again via letter/email May 8, 2015

IV bill received: May 7 and May 8, 2015 (together with letter ds261 review confirmation)

Send in AOS an IV package: May 6, 2015

Payed IV bill thru money order: May 8, 2015

Email from NVC with letter of acceptance of AOS and IV package: May 15, 2015 (processing time: at least 60 days)

Scan date: May 12, 2015

NVC cashed money order IV bill fee: May 15, 2015

Received confirmation letter thru email that IV fee is received: May19, 2015 - date in letter May 15, 2015

Received checklist: June 22,2015 - date on checklist June 19,2015

New scan date checklist: June 24, 2015 (processing time: 30 days)

Filed DS260: July 7, 2015

Case Complete: July 21, 2015!!!!!!

Receives confirmation of case complete on August 1, 2015

Received interview letter on August 11, 2015

Medical: September 9, 2015

Interview date: September 24, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We sent in our IV cheque may 8. We got a confirmation email dated the 15th.not too long. But it doesn't really make a difference if we can't proceed on the links.

So it your IV fee status change from *PAY NOW" to "PAID"?

Yes. When IV goes to "paid" then you can access ds260.

We met in 2002, dated and were torn apart in 2003and we reconnected end of 2013

I married the love of my life (L) : March 21, 2014

We sent in our I-130 package to USCIS: August 8, 2014

USCIS received I-130: August 11, 2014

USCIS approves our case: February 10, 2015

USCIS sends case to NVC: February 18, 2015

NVC welcome letter + email received: March 10, 2015 - date on letter March 3, 2015

NVC assigned case number: March 1, 2015

DS-261 filed: March 10, 2015

AOS fee payed online: March 10, 2015

NVC confirmation letter for choice of agent being registered: May 5, 2015 - received this letter thru email on May 7, 2014 and again via letter/email May 8, 2015

IV bill received: May 7 and May 8, 2015 (together with letter ds261 review confirmation)

Send in AOS an IV package: May 6, 2015

Payed IV bill thru money order: May 8, 2015

Email from NVC with letter of acceptance of AOS and IV package: May 15, 2015 (processing time: at least 60 days)

Scan date: May 12, 2015

NVC cashed money order IV bill fee: May 15, 2015

Received confirmation letter thru email that IV fee is received: May19, 2015 - date in letter May 15, 2015

Received checklist: June 22,2015 - date on checklist June 19,2015

New scan date checklist: June 24, 2015 (processing time: 30 days)

Filed DS260: July 7, 2015

Case Complete: July 21, 2015!!!!!!

Receives confirmation of case complete on August 1, 2015

Received interview letter on August 11, 2015

Medical: September 9, 2015

Interview date: September 24, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You still have a very long wait ahead of you, complaining about it won't speed it up. Best thing you can do is not vote idiots into office that caused this mess.

I know it won't speed it up but we can still share our experience and how this affect us here on VJ.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So from what I understand. there is no other way to submit the DS260 other than the website and it is still not working. On CEAC it says only some people are having trouble accessing it but does this actually mean everyone is having trouble?

Timeline

So from what I understand. there is no other way to submit the DS260 other than the website and it is still not working. On CEAC it says only some people are having trouble accessing it but does this actually mean everyone is having trouble?

I don't think its everyone because I've seen post about people doing their DS-260 online and no there is no other way. Did you mail your payment already?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes. When IV goes to "paid" then you can access ds260.

Just a question... So now that ur fees r showing PAID.. R u able to fill ur DS260??

If so did u filled that and submitted???

Thank you...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You still have a very long wait ahead of you, complaining about it won't speed it up. Best thing you can do is not vote idiots into office that caused this mess.

Have you been voting while you are still waiting for visa?

You should be smitten!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

I don't know but the question is are they really trying to fix it? It have been down since may 5th from what I learned on VJ. What don't they come with an alternative way if you know you can't fix the website. They should have came up with another option from the second week of it been down Im sure a lot of people called to report it.

I agree, I don't understand why they won't give us an alternative way. and they don't know when it is fixed. I'm so worried if it lasts a few months?? I knew they are now fixing website in Washington.

Timeline

I agree, I don't understand why they won't give us an alternative way. and they don't know when it is fixed. I'm so worried if it lasts a few months?? I knew they are now fixing website in Washington.

They not they just try to get rid of us whenever we call them so they tell us something different

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have called my congressman... They didn't know that this is going on ( so they say ). But they leave me the impression that something IS going on... They will get back to me in the next day or two and I will post the answer here at VJ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

My congressman is aware of the issue and have been looking into that

We have received the case# on 05/06

We have sent the payment and the docs on 05/20, tracking showed that both were received on 05/21.

NVC confirmed that the scan date was 05/27, will be calling today to confirm that AOS payment was received

We have also sent out the email requesting the choice of agent, citing the website malfunction as a reason fro sending through the email.

In regards to the IT comments:

The website is run by BCA, not NVC

This site is managed by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State.

External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.

So, it it out of NVC's hands, unfortunately

The part that is a problem is the 'bridge' between the BCA and NVC, the communication is broken.

If the team currently fixing the issue is not the one that created the 'bridge'... well, you get the idea...

So, we are all in the same boat

do what you can while waiting

My congressman is aware of the issue and have been looking into that

We have received the case# on 05/06

We have sent the payment and the docs on 05/20, tracking showed that both were received on 05/21.

NVC confirmed that the scan date was 05/27, will be calling today to confirm that AOS payment was received

We have also sent out the email requesting the choice of agent, citing the website malfunction as a reason fro sending through the email.

In regards to the IT comments:

The website is run by BCA, not NVC

This site is managed by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State.

External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.

So, it it out of NVC's hands, unfortunately

The part that is a problem is the 'bridge' between the BCA and NVC, the communication is broken.

If the team currently fixing the issue is not the one that created the 'bridge'... well, you get the idea...

So, we are all in the same boat

do what you can while waiting

I agree with 1stLoveRedo -

We are all in the same boat including NVC - I called the op and a supervisor, they does not have access to do anything on my file, update email or anything, she stated it's broken. But there should be a downtime procedure to follow, when hell broke lose, they're putting the "SYSTEM" in between as an excuse -

I not sure if we can at least do it the old ways/days, use forms DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) and DS-230 - mail in all supporting documents, checks and all?

Again, downtime procedure should be in place when "system fail"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.