Tearyhappy

My k1 interview cambodia

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I did the k1 interview last a few day and the CO didn't tell me that I fail but he gave me the pink paper which tell to bring the tax 2014 from my fiancé . And CO also told me when I have that thing just come again from Mon - Wed . So what is that mean? Am I going to get visa or not ? Is it bad or good?

Filed: Timeline

I did the k1 interview last a few day and the CO didn't tell me that I fail but he gave me the pink paper which tell to bring the tax 2014 from my fiancé . And CO also told me when I have that thing just come again from Mon - Wed . So what is that mean? Am I going to get visa or not ? Is it bad or good?

You were given a 221(g).

Refusal under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act means that essential information or documents are missing from an application. The issue of 221(g) doesn't mean that the visa is rejected or that the chances of issuing visa are likely low. It means that the CO couldn't make a decision based on the existing documentation and requires additional documentation for further review. Provide the documentation they require (the tax papers of the tax year 2014) and then they will notify you about the decision.

Edited by YouAndMeForever

But in pink paper I didn't see 221(g) . The CO checked in the box that said , bring tax 2014 from my fiancé .

The pink slip usually is a form of 221(g) document. Anyhow, follow the instructions stated on the pink slip and submit back the required documentation. If they are satisfied with it, they will issue the visa.

Maybe it's different from your country . Here the white one is 221(g) . Anyway thank you

Not every consulate issues colored slips. Most consulates simply have the 221(g). Whatever color your slip is, the best thing you can do is to follow the instructions. No one can tell you at this point whether your visa will be approved or not.

Here are two old threads about people having received the pink slip at the Cambodia Consulate. Their situation is a bit different but they also got the pink slip and had to submit extra documentation.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/317503-at-visa-interview-my-fiancee-was-issued-a-pink-slip/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/532770-pink-slip-from-consulate-for-i-134-both-parents/

Good luck!

My guess is that they will give you the visa once you give them your fiance's 2014 tax return. If you do not comply with their request, I would expect them to deny your visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You bring 2014 tax return documents you will have visa. Why didn't you bring it to begin with? Anyway its that simple and easy just bring it as soon as possible

Edited by NikaMo

Timeline

Because the taxpayer did the wrong one for my fiancé. My fiancé own 3 bussiness , and the taxpayer did for him that he lost 5k in 2014 but he didn't . Actually he earned enough to support me . And I just realized that at the ambassy , they told me that he need join sponsor . That is why we need the taxpayer to fix it for us . So will be alright when I bring it to them ? The one that fix from my fiancé . And one more thing I will bring another join sponsor From his parents too. I- 134 need original sign from his parents so they will send me through mail in a week .

Timeline

I got a 221(g) here back in 2011. On that paper clearly says it is form 221(g). Does your paper anywhere says it is 221(g)? If not it is not 221(g). They are simply telling you that you are missing tax returns or tax return you submitted is not good enough and you may need joint sponsor. Look carefully every line does it says anywhere it is 221(g)? Looks like co already told you that you need a joint sponsor. But if you have correct tax return with enough income you may not need a joint sponsor. If they denied you they wouldn't tell you to bring tax returns copy. Good luck.

Timeline

No , in the paper have only checklist . There are no 221(g) . At the interview , the Lady at first window whom check up and arrange the doc made mistake . She said I didn't have the tax 2014 . But i had it there . She just didn't check it clearly . That is why the CO gave me the pink paper with checklist to bring him the tax 2014 . when I got home , I checked it again , I saw the tax 2014 which is inside there . I drove back to ambassy quick to give the tax 2014 . But it was the wrong one which the taxpayer did . Then the Co gave me another pink paper , the same the fist one . But this one he need tax transcript from join sponsor and original sign I- 134 from them . That was when We realized that the tax 2014 had a mistake by taxpayer .

Timeline

At this embassy, they won't take your actual interview unless you have all required documents. Same with missing or incorrect documents. Back in 2011, after checking all the paperwork, they found an error on a birth certificate translation and they didn't let us proceed to next step which is actual interview. Looks like same thing happened to you. Well your tax return does not qualify your fiancé as a sponsor. So they may not have taken your actual interview yet. Until all paperwork ready and all checked okey then you wait for actual co to take your interview. I am not sure co took your actual visa interview yet or not. Did co ask you all the general questions like how did you meet your fiancé and when did he propose how many times he visited those kind of questions? If not your interview never happened. If co did ask those questions then you are done and just bring the tax returns and you will be approved. Looks like though you shouldn't have interview at the first place because of incorrect or ineligible tax returns.

Timeline

Yes the CO did interview me already . He asked all those kind of question . Then when he done asking . He gave me the pink paper which told me to bring him the tax 2014 . It was in there but the lady in the first window didn't see it . That is why when I back home , I saw it and bring it back to them but the tax had a mistake by taxpayer . Then the CO gave me another pink paper get the join sponsor . So should I bring only the tax that is fix from my fiancé ? Or should I bring both? Join sponsor and his tax that is already fix .

Timeline

You mean the tax preparer made the mistake. Taxpayer is your fiance. Anyway if you get the corrected tax returns with explanations first one was mistake and it qualifies your fiance as your sponsor, then you don't need a joint sponsor. It's always better if petitioner alone can sponsor you. Get the IRS certified copy not just a photocopy. Good luck to you. I think you will have no problem. Keep us posted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.