lala64

Son to come with Fiance.. Feeling overwhelmed

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sis you will be blessed...I remember your previous post, you

may feel overwhelmed now but U will be rewarded, as others

mentioned tap into r organizations in your area.

A few years ago I manage to post for and received a whellcair,

walker, and a few canes that I took to donate in JA

I posted at Craigslist and many ppl have good items that are up-grading

to like scooters , or walkers with seats (Please meet CL contacts

at a public place , like restaurant & if U must pick up take 2 ppl

with you to ensure your safety).

The child will improve in the US because he will learn to be a nit more

dependent, he will have school, and you & dad always remember to

have your own date nites alone to keep the fire burning...best wishes

Yes. Craigslist is also a great place to find things either deeply discounted and many times even free. A few years back my mom was very ill and we were in need of a hospital type bed that was electric to help her in and out of bed and also that had sides that would prevent her from falling out of bed. To rent one from a medical supply company was very expensive, and to buy a brand new one was something I could not afford. I ended up finding one on Craigslist from a family who was giving a practically brand new one away for free, all we had to do was pick it up. They had purchased it for their dad and after his passing they just wanted to be able to help another family in need. They were awesome and kind people and all they asked was that when we were done with the bed to do the same they had done for us, to pay it forward and donate it to someone else in need. Which we did :)

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is a good thing that you won't give up on your fiancé and his son (soon to be your son too), you don't seem quite ready to take all the 'mother' responsibilities, some people would say you won't be his mother but I believe you will be. Just as with any other child (with or without disabilities) there will be a lot of responsibilities on both of you - your fiancé and you. And you need to not only take your man's feelings, but also his son's in consideration in everything you do. Your fiancé seems to be a good and devoted father, that is a trait that seems to be left behind nowadays. Have you already planned who will be with his son when both of you will work, who will care for him, is your apartment/house/car adequate for a wheelchair, ... I think that is great! I'm sorry for blabbering...

Do you go to church?

You could talk about this with your pastor and see how the community could help you and your fiancé's son.

You could do a page on gofundme and share it on social media, with your family, ... (various Facebook pages share those links to help their followers and help people)

Check these pages out (for wheelchairs):

www.wheelchairfoundation.org

www.wheelchairfoundation.org

www.lifenetswheelchairproject.org

www.chariotsofhope.org

Talk with your family and friends and people you interact with, I'm pretty sure there are ways to get a bit cheaper medical care, I've heard of clinics where people without papers go to, those should be a bit cheaper, I don't think it's the best care but it should be good until your husband works.

Once you get married maybe you can put him and his son on your health care through your job?

It could help lighten up the expenses.. I know about these clinics as well as doctors that cost a bit less through word of mouth.

I know you will find a solution together with your close ones. I wish you good luck in your future and do not hesitate if you need any help, I really hope I could somehow help you. It's not an easy journey but it is not impossible. Good Luck ! :)

thank you. I have already contacted them for wheelchairs. I appreciate you help. will keep you posted

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

First off, let me offer my best wishes from the bottom of my heart and would also like to tell you that you and your loved ones are in my prayers from now on. And I just know that your troubles will find amazing solutions, just keep going and don't give up. Everything will fall in place for you because you are a compassionate, courageous, and really nice human. God Bless you all.

Timeline

Hi,

First off, let me offer my best wishes from the bottom of my heart and would also like to tell you that you and your loved ones are in my prayers from now on. And I just know that your troubles will find amazing solutions, just keep going and don't give up. Everything will fall in place for you because you are a compassionate, courageous, and really nice human. God Bless you all.

thank you. with the information I have received from the wonderful people on here. I have a good place to start. thank you.

Timeline

Lala

go to cerebralpalsy.org you should be able to find resources there. As a nurse, you may need to connect with other nurses in the area who may know how to help you locate resources. Is there a children's hospital in the area? Call them and speak with the social worker to help you.I pray it will work out for you.

Timeline

Lala

go to cerebralpalsy.org you should be able to find resources there. As a nurse, you may need to connect with other nurses in the area who may know how to help you locate resources. Is there a children's hospital in the area? Call them and speak with the social worker to help you.I pray it will work out for you.

Thank you:)I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.