Villanelle

I wouldn't post on here to save my life

73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is not a cohesive group, people come people go. Most have little in common except the obvious.

Of course people are treated differently, I can think of a couple recently who definitely asked for and got what they deserved.

If somebody has done a little bit of research that helps, how many times do you see the same question being asked that was answered in the post below.

Id like to say being somewhat of newer member that the same questions have been getting asked and answered for many many yearsIve seen it by just Googling a question and find the answer dated back to 2007 from a previous VJ member. But one thing I have noticed is that since I have been on here asking questions, that my post get moved from here to there all the time. It gets pretty frustrating as there is no clear direction on where to post what. I saw K1/I129 forums and being that is the application I filed. I post there then a moderator comes along and moves the thread saying it doesn't apply to the section of the forum. Well heck. where are the blueprints or directions of where to post what there's no navigation page and its sorta hit and miss until you get moved all over the place. pretty frustrating. If people are getting frustrated and don't want to help the newcomers or forget that the position we as newcomers are in now, you once were but feel superior or feel like " that's a stupid question" or "that was just answered below" I think a little patience and understanding would be a good place to start instead of being rude and uncaring. Some of the senior members are helpful while others seem impatient and rude. I cant say directly if there is a bias toward one group or the next but if you become impatient or frustrated by someone who is anxious and scared and just want to know how fast they will be with their significant other then there are more issues with the people on here then I thought. Noone should be singled out or made to feel like they are dumb for asking a previously asked question. for those who know and are willing to help.. answer.. those who know and are tired..then don't answer and if it were me preferably don't comment at all especially negatively. I thought ..great a place where others can relate but lately a lot of you are judge and jury and give some of us no hope or positivity. Not saying to sugar coat situations but at least remember from whence you came. I would hate to think race and ethnicity is playing a factor on this site I deal with enough of that in the real world.

I feel that this site is a good site for immigration questions as this is site main purpose. I know it help me a lot for me to get my wife visa. if you post a drama type question then yes you will probably get a lot of dumb type answers. also there will always be people who will want to make a big deal out of something, that will happen on any forum but overall there is not a better site that helps people thru the process of getting a visa for the person we love and care about

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Wow, I never realized that my post would trigger such a debate and so much passion in people.

I've never posted before on this major family changes part of VJ before the other day, never even really looked in here at all. Most, if not all of my posts revolved around the K1 and AOS areas, no personal issues back then. For me, I probably could have left out the majority of the drama of my post, and just asked the straight forward black and white question that I had. Sometimes though, one just gets fired up about a situation and it becomes easy to just let it all out. Ive always came to VJ for immigration questions, straight forward immigration advice and questions. Never did I ask for any advice in regards to my personal life, if I ever write anything about my personal life its for background information or just me simply like I said just letting it out (both in the previous post). I do understand though and feel like if you put it out there people are able and will comment on it which is to be expected in some way.

I feel like VJ is a great tool and community, the people here are awesome and the majority are very knowledgeable. But heck, life happens, things change, and when life happens you want to be just as knowledgable about what you are doing and what those consequences for your future are as when life was happening the last time and when everything was rainbows and butterflies, and thats what Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits is for.

:)

(10.04.2014) AOS Package Sent

(10.08.2014) NOA-1 e-mail & text messages received
(10.14.2014) NOA-1 hard copy received in mail

(10.20.2014) Biometrics appointment notice received in mail

(10.29.2014) RFE received

(10.30.2014) Biometrics appointment

(11.03.2014) USCIS Local Office appointment

(11.13.2014) Sent RFE response

(12.19.2014) EAD/AP Approved, card being produced

(12.24.2014) EAD/AP Official approval notice received in mail

(12.29.2014) EAD/AP sent to address

(12.30.2014) EAD/AP received in the mail

(01.20.2015) Potential interview waiver notice received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

People who attack others, who are rude and give unsolicited advice and opinions think that hiding behind a computer screen excuses them from being rational, empathetic, caring individuals. It drives me insane when someone comes her asking for help and the thread gets totally derailed and turns into a battle of wills. I will admit that I do come here to read some of the more dramatic threads, there is something about reading other people's drama that makes my life seem so much more normal :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

eh, I dont know about that. Might depend on which way the wind is blowing. We all know the TOS well, it is what it is. If there was a way to make it better- it would be. So as it stands- you cant do anything to interfere with the enjoyment of others. Or something like that. This is a conundrum- because different people enjoy different things. Some love drama, some love the serious straight talk. When they mix in the same thread its like cats and dogs.

Personally I feel the official Mod response of- take the cue from the OP- being if they posted a personal filled drama post then by all means delve in and discuss personal issues. If they didnt they back the heck off and dont interrogate them about gritty details to get your daily dose of drama for the day. - well, I feel that that is acceptable and not acceptable.

Example (and Im going to be careful here because I want to keep this general and not make this about specific situations or refer to specific threads) Someone posts a personal drama type thread about relationship type issues and ends up traveling to the US a day before their 2 year anniversary causing them to get a conditional GC rather then a unconditional card. The marriage was clearly in shambles, yet no practical advice was given because the focus was on the drama/personal aspect. It was how the OP started it. Members dove into it, and no practical advice was given.

Following the format above by the Mod standard- it was all correct. Follow the OPs lead. That certainly doesnt seem right.. Does it? And for those that are inclined to agree and say- well then offer practical advice- it was attempted to be given and told not verbatium but shut up, practical advice wasnt asked for here, only answer with what the OP wanted.

Im sorry so we just sit back and watch people crash and burn now because they didnt specifically ask if they were driving towards a cliff, they only asked if they were going south, so just nod yup thats south, keep going and wave buh bye. I cant. Im sorry, I just cant.

Forget about the picking on the OP, what about the picking on each other? Your posts are too long. Im tired of reading the same things over and over again. Well, maybe the post isnt meant for you and your enjoyment but for the OP and most appreciate a thorough response. This isnt twitter with a 140 character count and Im sorry if thats your attention span limit. I get its frustrating to read the same things about roc and divorce and vawa again and again. Its frustrating to explain them again and again. Is the solution to harass the boring people to make it more interesting? Or harass each other?

Because God Forbid someone tries to speak up for someone anyone more - whether its the OP or a fellow member. It use to be there was a sense of right, a sense of community and abuse was not tolerated as a whole in these pages. Now its become an open season. One person makes a comment and everyone draws their fangs.

Ive never considered myself friends with anybody here- but ya-all were certainly not my enemies. Now I just dont know. Post something on here- wrong- youll get ripped to shreds.

-

ha ha, its kind of funny that Jerry Springer was mentioned, I dont know if I ever thought of it that way. Im not sure how I feel about that. Im going to have to think that over for a bit. Having an audience watch in amusement while we fight./ I dont know if I want to participate in that. To be someones daily amusement- hmmm/?

Was that the bone of contention we gnawed on recently ? I remember calling you out on the way you started out one of your comments,

which was something like : " Here we go once again...no one is addressing this and that "....But the problem was with your choice of condescending words.

You then said sorry, that you didn't mean to be rude and when you explained why you can't just address the OP's emotional drama but feel the need to be technical and specific I even told you "Fair enough". But you came off as though you were the only one with a correct response and were scolding

everyone who commented to OP's personal issues.

My point is that it's not always what is said but in what attitude it is said, some comments come off as condescending and I still believe the way you

put it was out of line. It was defused by your apology.

In regards to the person that inspired you to write this thread, well she didn't like to hear the truth in a particular thread and the generalizations

and stereotyping is what I and many others pointed out to her.

Stereotyping Nationalities like puppy dogs is absurd. People are all individuals and the OP was not helped with stereotypical and untrue statements.

That is my 2 cents.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Here is a REAL Jerry Springer interview for everyone to read and enjoy...lol

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/139731-jerry-springer-interview/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Here is a REAL Jerry Springer interview for everyone to read and enjoy...lol

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/139731-jerry-springer-interview/

That's a novel.....one of many..... I will save it for tomorrow. B-)

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I just posted today but had wanted to for a while now to see if I could get "positive feedback" I was already feeling overwhelmed with my situation and really didn't want any negativity associated with my post. just help or guidance which surprisingly enough is all that I received. I did mention in my post no negative feedback please and whether or not they listened or there simply wasn't any is unknown to me. I do agree that people do get a bit negative sometimes but for the most part, I have found the site helpful and calming to know that I am not alone in my journey. I wish the site was more supportive because if we are on here then someone is waiting to be with a loved one and is stressed out to the max. Even those whose case appears to go smoothly without a hitch must feel some anxiety. Me on the other hand am not that fortunate my relationship is complicated and so has been my dealings so far with USCIS but to have a place to get the info and support is well worth it. Thanks Visa Journey.

It appears my last post was removed and/or deleted. GO Figure. so one can not say anything about the moderators it seems you get ousted. this is crazy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's hysterically funny

I honestly didn't get it.. Lol. I don't see what's funny about it! That she found out during the interview that her husband had another ex wife & 3 more kids, and then she punched him 3 times in front of the consulate? Lol.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

On the subject of moving threads:

We move posts to keep the forum organized. If you have a question about a specific process, it goes in the process and procedures. If you have updates or questions about how things are moving along, then it's a progress report. Unless it's specifically about how the process works, it's generally a progress report.

If the question is not specific to your visa type and applies to multiple visas maybe it's general discussion. That's where all the green card threads end up because multiple visas have green cards upon entry.

NVC questions, unless part of an ongoing thread in the progress reports or unless specific to your visa type, may end up being moved to the NVC forum to keep all those relevant questions there. It makes it easier for people to find them. If a question is about a specific service center, well that's what USCIS service centers are for. Even if you're going through the K1 process and maybe you're like "hey why is TSC so slow?" Well you didn't ask a question about the K1 process and you aren't making a progress report. The thread's logical location is USCIS service centers forum. :)

On top of that, each country has their own issues so we have the regional forums. For instance, Montreal Canada has some very strict domicile requirements. While that could go into the US embassy discussion, it is also relevant to the Canada regional forum where it was started, so it has been left in the Canada regional forum. Questions about medicals are best asked in regional forums as each region has different requirements and can tell you which physicians to use. Not everything in each process is relevant to the entire forum.

The policy is, if it's meant to be in a different forum, we move it, otherwise if it's relevant to it's current forum, then leave it. You can always report a post to ask it to be moved or ask why it was moved. We generally try to say why unless we think it's obvious, but to a new member it may not be as obvious as we think. I'll have to remember to write down why always, just for that purpose (I get lazy.. I'm human... :))

Hey thanks for clearing that up!!

Timeline

I honestly didn't get it.. Lol. I don't see what's funny about it! That she found out during the interview that her husband had another ex wife & 3 more kids, and then she punched him 3 times in front of the consulate? Lol.

Yes, it was a riot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder what happened, seemed he was looking for work elsewhere, ended back with allegedly a job offer and then nothing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It appears my last post was removed and/or deleted.

?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.