erinwall7

Business owner Bring Ukraine man here to work

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is my first post here. I am a business owner with a somewhat complex issue.

I am trying to bring a Ukrainian man here to work for me in my business.

I have sent him a letter of intent . He wants to engage the embassy with questions as I do.

We would like to find a quicker way get him here . Any suggestions????

This is also the first time I have ever engaged the immigration process in this US

Also him being 29 lends itself to not being able to adopt him. Which leads to my second dilemma

His mother and I have been romantically involved for close to a year. We want to be married.

I am 61 and she is 58 tears old. We have been talking on the phone and have a million emails .

They both reside in the part of Ukraine that would not be smart to travel in.She wants me to help get him out of the Ukraine first.

Then we would be married here in the US.

I am not sure how to get his paperwork moving then to get her paperwork moving. I am frustrated after talking to three different attorneys.

I am a mess just trying to get this young man out so I can then get her here to marry her. We are neither one getting any younger.

Also after reading through these documents I am not sure If I fill them out on both of them behalf and submit them

I get the K-1 visa for the fiance approach. I can fill out these documents with some help from her.

This young man has his passport, has a degree in process engineering but not necessarily in the business that I am in.

But applicable. I need direction here.

Frustrated help!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My first reaction to what you have posted is that you are being taken. If you have not met the woman face to face I would proceed with extreme caution. There are few visas for companies and they are very expensive. You can not adopt for immigration purposes past the age of 16 and to be a step child you have to marry before the child is 18. What skills does this man have and what business do you own ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you have yet to meet the Mother, nothing can be done before then.

He is too old to tag along with his Mother and without knowing what sort of job you are offering difficult to say positively that he has no realistic option there.

If his Mother does immigrate then she could sponsor him but that would be many years down the road.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am a bit puzzled at the response from two post here. First I have been in the Two-way radio business for over 40 years with hell of a lot of connections through US law enforcement.

I have done quite a bit of vetting . So to prejudge my situation quite simply sounds ridiculous on you guys part.

If you cannot find it to be constructive with what approach to take. Then why bother in the first place

If you had read my post the 29 year old man has a degree in manufacturing engineering.

We manufacture items for use on police vehicles.

If you read my post I had already admitted he could not be adopted.

That was a given

What the hell does it matter about about expense if this si what I want to do . Al I was asking the direstion to go in.

You have been no help

Timeline

Assuming the job requires a degree and he has the appropriate degree then the obvious visa is the H1b.

You said you have spoken to 3 Lawyers, most Lawyers bread and butter is doing work visas and I guess we are wondering why you could not have got the same response from them.

Now many people do their own family visas but work visas are usually handled by Lawyers.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Do you love her enough to risk your life to visit her in Ukraine? If not, there's no point discussing this matter any further because it is an almost absolute K-1 visa requirement that you two have met physically before one can be issued, and obtaining a waiver for the meeting requirement is next to impossible unless you have an medical condition that prevents you from flying.

We are trying to dissuade you because this process could take years (and barring a private act of congress to just give her a greencard, there is nothing else that can be done to speed up the process), and as you said, you are not getting any younger.

Also we are worried that you're being 'catfished'. In 2015, there is no excuse to not skype or otherwise videochat by now. If you want to risk your life visiting her, at the very least make sure you like her physical appearance!

Edited by pandainamerica

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

OP, please don't be frustrated. What everyone is trying to say here is to file for a fiancé visa you must meet her at least once in person before you send the paperwork in. To meet in person, you can meet in another country, where she can use her Ukrainian passport to travel.

Ukraine is a war torn country and the situation is desperate, everyone is trying to get out, thats why people are assuming that you are being used for that golden ticket to the United States. But who are we to judge, we don't know your situation like you do yourself.

I am afraid getting the son out will be much more difficult as h1b visas are hard to get, they have a quota and they run out pretty fast.

... To meet in person, you can meet in another country, where she can use her Ukrainian passport to travel.

I assume we are having this discussion because she doesn't have the money to meet you in a third country. Yes, you can pay her plane ticket to meet in you elsewhere, but unfortunately she is likely going to be turned around for being an asylum risk. Hong Kong, for example theoretically still allows Ukraine passport holders to visit 14 days visa-free for tourism. But because of the political situation in Ukraine, they are worried that she might overstay and seek asylum, so immigration there is going to examine her itinerary and proof of funds very carefully.

I'd advise you to read the i-864 contract very carefully, that you must sign for her to be allowed to stay in the US. To summarize, you agree to support her financially (effectively forever, since she is unlikely to be able to find work), even if she divorces you. She or uncle sam can sue you if you fail to support her. And no, an prenup can't make this obligation go away.

Also it is an implicit requirement (8 CFR 216.4 (a)(5)) for you to show 'commingling of financial resources' for her to be issued a permanent green card. There might be ways to structure your assets to minimize this somewhat, but that is beyond the scope of this forum.

On top of that there's a thousand and one other things that can derail the application (she might technically be still married, past/current communist party membership, etc), and you picked pretty much the toughest country in 2015 to petition someone.

Edited by pandainamerica

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

May I ask how you two met? And have you actually met face to face? I only ask because the K1 requirement says you need to have met at least once within the last two year. The more visits the better and it doesn't have to be in USA or Ukraine though the current situation over there might make travel for her complicated.

I can't help you with the son because I am not familiar with that type of visa.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Or maybe he won't be back because you guys were rude and judgmental and just assumed things without even asking him about details?

While I may agree with you on this for may other threads, I didn't see anything in the first two replies that was overly rude and judgmental. Maybe the insinuation that he was being "taken" was a little presumptive, but BASED ON THE INFORMATION THE OP PROVIDED, I certainly didn't think it was wrong to warn him to be wary of fraud. There certainly were a lot of red flags. If anything I thought the OP's reply seemed hyper-sensitive.

Regardless, if he truly believes everything is on the up and up and wants to proceed, then he has the answers he was specifically asking for - work visa for the son, K-1 (or CR-1, I guess) for the mother. Both seem to have pretty substantial roadblocks to overcome.

Edited by templeton

I didn't think anyone was particularly rude. There must be a reason 3 separate lawyers either can't or don't want to help him.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Timeline

That is what he said, maybe not what he meant but the whole tone seemed to follow through.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

please answer the op's questions without being judgmental. several posts removed that derail the topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.