241 posts in this topic

What should they have told you, "Come tomorrow pick up your Green Card"?

You know why most of operators are nasty? Because most callers are very pretentious

Well that would have been nice but we all know that will not happen and is not something anyone would expect when they call :)... We have all been waiting a long time, just some news would be good news right now. Keep the group positive, cheers

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I called in again, my case hasnot been completed yet, priority date Sep 27 2013. The lady said the DS260 hasnot been reviewed yet and its been escalated to supervisor to review which will take 42 days. She cant tell why its taking this long. What should I do? Is there any alternative here guys? I know all september filers are case completed and most of Oct , Nov and Dec too. Why is mine stuck even though i didnt have any checklist. :-(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

NVC always requests for case number and details of both beneficiary and petitioner, can one really have those details and hold on for that long call only to be pretentious? Who would have the case number apart from the people involved? Am just confused please explain.

Same reason I want to wait till June, I am sick of hearing scheduling has not commenced. I hope NVC commences scheduling soon. Good luck to us all.

Well, with all due respect, why would you be bothered by them asking for a couple of questions that take no more than 20 seconds but that somehow guarantee that on the other side of the phone there are the right people?

I have seen people posting their case numbers on this very website and other forums, technically I would be able to call and mess their things up, or send an email to NVC to change agent.

I am sorry but but I really don't understand the sense of this critique.

Also, try to put yourself in their shoes, with people calling, begging, screaming, at them thinking they are the very reason why applicants are away from their loved ones. Some of them are even too nice (imaging the conversations with some people from this forum...), I would go out of mind.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, with all due respect, why would you be bothered by them asking for a couple of questions that take no more than 20 seconds but that somehow guarantee that on the other side of the phone there are the right people?

I have seen people posting their case numbers on this very website and other forums, technically I would be able to call and mess their things up, or send an email to NVC to change agent.

I am sorry but but I really don't understand the sense of this critique.

Also, try to put yourself in their shoes, with people calling, begging, screaming, at them thinking they are the very reason why applicants are away from their loved ones. Some of them are even too nice (imaging the conversations with some people from this forum...), I would go out of mind.

Hello,

I think you do not understand, I was wondering if you think some random people apart from the petitioners and the beneficiaries can pretend to call NVC. I was only saying that there are some security questions that are being asked each time an NVC operator picks up the phone. As a customer care agent those are the challenges of the job especially when people react to events differently. They should be professional at all times. Everyone wants to be over this process as soon as possible, having one's case number alone, you would not be able to successfully make a request via e-mail or phone call. Keep the positive spirit alive, we pray to get through this process within the shortest time possible. Good luck with the rest of the process.

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Actually, you don't understand what I am saying.

Anyone can call NVC just to screw up someone else. Regardless, wouldn't you waste 20 seconds of your time to answer 2 questions for security reasons? The problem always arise when people get screwed. Then, they wonder why security questions were not asked.

I know and agree that they should be professional at all times, but I read on this very forum of people asking over and over to the same agent when their interview will be scheduled, thinking that they were just mean because they will not give any info away. Well...if they don't have a scheduled interview on their terminals, they cannot make one up for the applicant because this person keeps asking. They will be just staying on the phone (hence: long waiting time to talk to an agent) because people keep asking questions over and over and over and over and over and over again pretending to have their problems solved when on the other end of the line they cannot do anything about it

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I think the one way to get info is inquiring by itself, so if I can´t get answer over my doubt, We need take other option, the answer can not reply alone, somebody must solve our problem, The big problem is the slow process with NVC, but F2A is more advanced category, there are other people waiting for long time. We need be patience and wait, wait, wait is hard but we do not have other option. Strong mind try understand the pain to be so far to our family.

USCIS Stage:

Dec 02 2013: Priority Date

Feb 28 2014: NOA 2 Received.

Aug 14 2014 : No Visa available letter

==============================================================================================

NVC Stage:

Feb 25 2015: DS 261 Completed

Feb 26 2015: AOS Fee Paid

April 10 2015: IV fee Paid and IV Packet sent

April 11 2015: DS-260 Completed

April 13 2015: Resend I-864 to NVC with Check list and Bar Coded Cover Sheet

April 14 2015: New Scan date Asigned

May 8 2015: E-mail with 2nd Check list, CC but I need new AOS form for interview day, because item missing.

May 14 2015: Case complete by e-mail.

============================================================================================

June 29 2015: I.L. received by email Scheduled for August 18

July 9 2015: Case Status Checked as "READY"

August 18 2015: Visa Approved

August 20 2015: VISA ISSUED (in CEAC status)

October 15 2015: Visa In Hand

October 23 2015: Travel to New york and Admitted.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think the one way to get info is inquiring by itself, so if I can´t get answer over my doubt, We need take other option, the answer can not reply alone, somebody must solve our problem, The big problem is the slow process with NVC, but F2A is more advanced category, there are other people waiting for long time. We need be patience and wait, wait, wait is hard but we do not have other option. Strong mind try understand the pain to be so far to our family.

I think they prepare for new fiscal years thats why they sent welcome letter

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Anyone call nvc for il.. please update

I guess it will be ok to call next week cuz i see some month they started to send IL in the begining of the month, I start to call in the middle of next week

My wife & My 2 daughters Visa Journey

09/21/1999 - Met
02/18/2012 - Johnny left for the US
07/26/2013 - Johnny went visiting
07/29/2013 - Got married in P-au-P
09/23/2013 - I-130 sent
09/30/2013 - PD
09/30/2013 - NOA-1 received in email

10/03/2013 - NOA 1 received in the mail
11/13/2013 - NOA-2 approved (in email)
11/18/2013 - NOA-2 received in snail mail

11/25/2013 - NVC received the case

12/05/2013 - NVC assigned case number

05/22/2015- NVC case completed over the phone

06/01/2015- cc email confirmation

Interview 08-05-2015 7AM Port-au-Prince

06/06/15 Ceac in AP status :cry: (they ask me for joint sponsor)

10/02/15 Ceac changed from AP to Issued (after almost 2 month)

10/07/15 Passport with Visa oh hand :dancing:

10/18/15 Ready to enter in US JFK airport

Thanx a lot for all support from VJ users !!!!!! :idea::idea::idea::idea:

Hello,

I think you do not understand, I was wondering if you think some random people apart from the petitioners and the beneficiaries can pretend to call NVC. I was only saying that there are some security questions that are being asked each time an NVC operator picks up the phone. As a customer care agent those are the challenges of the job especially when people react to events differently. They should be professional at all times. Everyone wants to be over this process as soon as possible, having one's case number alone, you would not be able to successfully make a request via e-mail or phone call. Keep the positive spirit alive, we pray to get through this process within the shortest time possible. Good luck with the rest of the process.

What dordor, I and many others are complaining about is not the agents themselves, we are aware they can not "magic an interview date/make one up", but rather the slowness of this whole process and the lack of information that is available to both the agents and to us as petitioners/applicants. We r not asking to be approved tomorrow, just a clearer idea of when this process will be nearing an end... U need to keep this group positive like we r all trying to do.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Any update, guys?

10/06/2007 - Met

07/14/2010 - Tiger left for the US

04/27/2012 - Tiger came visiting

10/13/2012 - Visited Tiger in Chicago

09/19/2013 - My second visit to Chicago

10/04/2013 - Got married in Mt.Pleasant, IA

05/18/2014 - Tiger came visiting again (YAY!!!)

USCIS Stage

10/24/2013 - I-130 sent

10/28/2013 - PD

10/29/2013 - NOA-1 received in email

10/30/2013 - Check cashed

10/31/2013 - NOA-1 hard copy received

12/04/2013 - NOA-2 approved (in email)

12/09/2013 - NOA-2 received in snail mail

NVC Stage

12/16/2013 - NVC received the case

01/09/2014 - Got my case and invoice ID numbers

02/12/2015 - NVC started generating forms and invoices for our case (according to a nice NVC rep)

02/13/2015 - DS-261 available and filled out

02/13/2015 - Got an email with NVC Welcome letter and AOS Invoice

02/13/2015 - Paid AOS Fee

02/18/2015 - AOS shows PAID on ceac

02/22/2015 - AOS and civil documents sent off
02/23/2015 - DS-261 reviewed and IV Fee invoice received

02/24/2015 - IV Fee paid

02/25/2015 - Documents delivered to the NVC (scan date)

02/25/2015 - DS-260 submitted

03/30/2015 - Case Complete by phone

04/06/2015 - Case Complete email received

06/03/2015 - Got my interview scheduled for July, 6

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I called in again, my case hasnot been completed yet, priority date Sep 27 2013. The lady said the DS260 hasnot been reviewed yet and its been escalated to supervisor to review which will take 42 days. She cant tell why its taking this long. What should I do? Is there any alternative here guys? I know all september filers are case completed and most of Oct , Nov and Dec too. Why is mine stuck even though i didnt have any checklist. :-(

Thats unusual, my priority date is July and case complete was 30 April but this was due to the fact that I was in Nepal for 6 mths last year, was there anything out of the order that happened?

Good luck all you case complete October and prior filers. NVC opens up in 20 mins! Please keep us posted and hopefully there is good news this week :)

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.