Amachuma

I Need Hope

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi I'm Nigerian and I know how your feeling. To them introduction is marriage and the fact that you applied for K-1 is a red flag. They have the right to look at your Facebook because it's public domain. And also the fact that once you do introduction your considered husband and wife even if bride price isn't paid yet. They only way is to prove that you aren't married to the interviewer which will be difficult. The fact that your fiancé didn't prove your introduction pics the first time is also a red flag to them because it looks as if you have something to hide that's why the interviewer pulled the pic from Facebook. Your best bet would have been to do an I-130.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Very wrong move for them to see any pictures like that....They obviously know you guys are serious and they know the different between k1 and Cr1 visa.They just wanna come up with the pictures showing you and your fiance wearing the same dress in front of people...They will totally label it s as a traditional marriage and deny it base on the fact that you both are married and using the wrong visa...Don't provide a lot of pictures like that. ..Just ordinary pictures of you two together and a lot of phone records can do.....Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Same dress?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They asked your fiance a question and then went to the back room and came back with a picture from facebook which you guys had not provided voluntarily, I'm assuming? How did they find your facebook profiles? Am I understanding this correctly?

You can look up most people on facebook if they don't adjust their privacy settings. They have their names, phone numbers and more. No different from an employer looking up a interviewee being considered for a job.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry about your situation. I hope you will listen to some of the points made above and gather as much evidence to show no marriage has occurred.

But this facebook thing has been asked a couple of times and i remember telling someone to keep the relationship or anything that can harm their interview off Facebook. Some people attacked me for that.

Anyway, get written statements to help your case. Pictures alone, as requested might not totally resolve the issue.

I pray you guys can get through this and get the visa.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Same dress?

Traditional wedding attire is usually made in the same fabric print.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline

Did that apply here?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Is that a yes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

During introduction you both can wear traditional uniform..

I think what Boiler is trying to ask is: at the introduction, did you wear traditional clothes that can be interpreted as wedding attire?

Timeline

I think what Boiler is trying to ask is: at the introduction, did you wear traditional clothes that can be interpreted as wedding attire?

Yes we did, but that's the culture.

Timeline

Yes we did, but that's the culture.

Then it is very important to make sure they understand that it is part of culture. If they suspect you two are already married, your visa will be denied.

Timeline

Very wrong move for them to see any pictures like that....They obviously know you guys are serious and they know the different between k1 and Cr1 visa.They just wanna come up with the pictures showing you and your fiance wearing the same dress in front of people...They will totally label it s as a traditional marriage and deny it base on the fact that you both are married and using the wrong visa...Don't provide a lot of pictures like that. ..Just ordinary pictures of you two together and a lot of phone records can do.....Good luck

Why is it a wrong move for them to go on facebook and look at your profile and pictures? People who will interview you for a job will do this.

And yes, they know the difference between K1 and CR1. K1 are for unmarried people, that's why they deny people they suspect are already married.

Seems like they want to be 100% this couple did not actually get legally married in their home country.

Timeline

Quite possible to be too married for a K and not married enough for a CR1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Quite possible to be too married for a K and not married enough for a CR1

Absolutely, too married for a K1 and not enough for a CR1.

If they were to pursue a CR1 now based on the engagement (which they assume is a traditional marriage) then of course Lagos would deny

and say you aren't married and that is what pisses me off about Lagos. It's insane.

If they don't fully grasp the cultural customs then they should go by the registrar only.

If it is registered then married, if not then not.

By the way to spin the whole thing on whether the dresses match or not is also speculation.

Some couples chose to wear the same clothing and others have similar but not the same clothing, just because a couple

wears the same outfit does not mean it wasn't an engagement.

The consulate really needs to come into the current century with their little custom field manuals.

They appear to know customs but put a personal spin on it to twist the whole thing into what it is not and then the couple is

supposed to proof it is not so. Just asinine.

That is why I suggested to get a Certificate of Bachelor from the ministry as factual evidence that they aren't married.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.