beautifulbeach

Paying IV fee by mail

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

I got checklist yesterday. It says that I need to pay IV fee if I can't pay it by online.

My question is:

Do I need to send checklist coverletter when I send cashier check to PO Box 790136, St. Louis, MO, 63179-0136?

The above mailing address is for NVC Fee Processing Center, it is not for checklist.

I know the package I sent to NVC was perfect. I couldn't pay IV fee and fill in DS-260 because of NVC technical issue. ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

No when they sent you the IV bill I think it was 2 or 3 pages so you need to print out the last page with the barcode it says Immigrant visa fee invoice and put it together with the check.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/step_2_pay_fees.html

Pay by mail

If you are unable to pay your fees online, there is an alternate pay-by-mail method, but it can delay the processing of your case. If you choose the pay-by-mail method, you can mail a cashier’s check or money order by following the steps below.

• Review the Immigrant Visa Fee and Affidavit of Support Fee Invoices your agent received from the NVC.
  • Make a cashier’s check (from a U.S. bank) or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the amount listed on the fee invoices. We do not accept personal checks.(Important: Write your NVC case number on the memo line of the cashier’s check or money order.)
  • Mail the cashier’s check or money order with the fee invoices to the address below:

NVC Fee Processing Center
P.O. Box 790136
St. Louis, MO 63179-0136

If you pay by mail, we will tell you when we receive your payment and you can continue to the next step.
Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Sould I ask to write National Visa Center or NVC Fee processing Center in the cashier check when I make it in the bank?

When I sent $420 check to USCIS, I wrote in pay to the order of : U.S Department of Homlabd Seecurity.

Filed: Timeline

When did you send the NVC package? I am just curious to know how long it took for NVC to process your case when they had receive it. I am on the same boat where i send my package to NVC and one month later still have not receive the IV fee online but i did call last week and they said it will be available in the next 3-4 days for you to pay.

Timeline

When did you send the NVC package? I am just curious to know how long it took for NVC to process your case when they had receive it. I am on the same boat where i send my package to NVC and one month later still have not receive the IV fee online but i did call last week and they said it will be available in the next 3-4 days for you to pay.

For me, It took almost 2 months to get IV fee invoice. and I got checklist in 1 month after NVC receive AOS and IV package. I will pay IV fee by cashier check tomorrow. It is waste of time for me to wait until NVC website issue is fixed. How about you? Did you already send all of packagel

It says right there in my instructions from the NVC website. #2.

Ok, US. Department of State. ? thank you

For me, It took almost 2 months to get IV fee invoice. and I got checklist in 1 month after NVC receive AOS and IV package. I will pay IV fee by cashier check tomorrow. It is waste of time for me to wait until NVC website issue is fixed. How about you? Did you already send all of packagel

Ok, US. Department of State. ? thank you

I had send the package two days after I paid my AOS fee.

Edited by William767

Timeline

I had send the package two days after I paid my AOS fee.

Did you pay IV fee?I think you will receive email from NVC about IV fee if you haven't paid it yet.

I will send IV fee by mail tomorrow

Did you pay IV fee?I think you will receive email from NVC about IV fee if you haven't paid it yet.

No i didnt pay the IV fee and still waiting till its available, my whole NVC package is flawless and the only thing i could think of being checklist is because I am self employed and they need more info but thats like a 1% chance because my package was about 2 inch thick of documents.

My main concern is getting checklist for not paying the IV fee, but how can we since its not available to be pay online.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Hijack post removed; please start your own thread with your questions regarding your case and/or circumstances.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

have you been able to fill out DS260 yet?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

No, I'm still waiting for DS-260 will be available.

This issue is really making us sad?

are you able to pay online now? or it doesnt even let you. I can pay online now that I mailed the fee 3weeks ago. How long have you been waiting for DS260?

Timeline

are you able to pay online now? or it doesnt even let you. I can pay online now that I mailed the fee 3weeks ago. How long have you been waiting for DS260?

NVC received my IV fee cashier check on June 2, but after that IV fee by online is available?but I don't want to pay it twice, I even don't know if it is a good idea to pay twice...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.