RUSH HOUR

I FEEL LIKE A BOTTLE OF HEINZ KETCHUP

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We got our NOA1 via email on 31st of March, 2015 within 10 days of sending the petition to Lewisville lockbox (though still waiting for NOA1 to reach my fiance via post). And in less than 30 days, on April 24, 2015 our case was approved (online status) and May 1st my fiance received the NOA2 via post. Everything at CSC. So you are close and could get your approval notification any day now. Keep checking the USCIS website. Good luck!

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK, you guys don't remember the Heinz Ketchup commercial? The ketchup was coming out of the bottle so slow and the song "Anticipation" was playing in the background...anybody?... I guess I am showing my age. For all you youngsters - http://youtu.be/ae6ofz3fgD8. thanks to everyone for your responses and anecdotes.?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a receipt date of May 30th received RFE (paper in mail)May 19 over nited the response case updated to review March 20. If your case said updated April 14th then they are working on your case. Trust me, you will not get any info over the phone until the 5 month waiting period is up. I am actually glad I got the RFE because I can see more updates, plus now I only have to wait for July 19 for a response instead of August and its not complicated on the RFE. CSC is moving much faster. Its painful to wait and not know but from what some of the TSC members are going through. Personally I just sit back try not to complain and consider myself lucky. Your answers will come soon. we all want to be with our significant others. it certainly is not a cake walk and can make or break a relationship. you've done all you can do. there is nothing and I do mean nothing you can do but wait. good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does anybody know of anyone who has actually went to a service center to find out their status? Do we as U.S. citizens have the right to "get in some ones face about it"? Just thinking... (the New Yorker coming out in me again) .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a receipt date of May 30th received RFE (paper in mail)May 19 over nited the response case updated to review March 20. If your case said updated April 14th then they are working on your case. Trust me, you will not get any info over the phone until the 5 month waiting period is up. I am actually glad I got the RFE because I can see more updates, plus now I only have to wait for July 19 for a response instead of August and its not complicated on the RFE. CSC is moving much faster. Its painful to wait and not know but from what some of the TSC members are going through. Personally I just sit back try not to complain and consider myself lucky. Your answers will come soon. we all want to be with our significant others. it certainly is not a cake walk and can make or break a relationship. you've done all you can do. there is nothing and I do mean nothing you can do but wait. good luck!

Approved...Now NVC website down. what a ride!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anybody know of anyone who has actually went to a service center to find out their status? Do we as U.S. citizens have the right to "get in some ones face about it"? Just thinking... (the New Yorker coming out in me again) .

Go find out.

Let us know.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.