Bill and Soumanti

What financial information do I need to provide my visitor - and when?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Happy Aloha Friday to everyone,

Soumanti and I will be shortly ramping up plans for her visit (L) (L) (L) . What

we would like to know is -

What do I need to provide Soumanti - both financial and non-financial for the

visa? We have read about the invitation letter (which seems hysterically formal

for us - but we'll gladly do what we gotta do), the I-134, my pay stubs (how many?)

and my bank statements (again how many?). Are we missing anything here -

financial or non-financial??

Also, are we correct that she will need the above info before her interview in

Kolkata? And that she should be prepared to show the same info when she

arrives in Honolulu??

Mahalo,

Bill and Soumanti

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You provide her nothing if she is applying for a tourist visa.

She applies and nothing from you will help her get a tourist visa, You could pay $160 for her if you wanted

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your prospective visitor will have to prove to the satisfaction of the US consular official at the interviewing US embassy/consulate, that they have significant ties to India such that they would return to India after their US visit is completed. Such ties could include, property, house ownership, current stable employment, etc. Each visitor visa applicant is presumed to have immigration intent, and must prove that they are not trying to immigrate to the US. A letter from a doctor, any documents from you, or any other invitation-type letter would likely have no positive effect on the visitor visa approval.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The more evidence you provide showing ties to you will impede getting the visa -- your best bet is to provide nothing -- really !!

Timeline

My intent is to support her from the time she walks out her door until she walks thru it once she returns home. Without some type of statement and proof of that, I fear she would be turned away in Honolulu for lack of funds.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She has had a visa before, this is just a repeat.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why not?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Nothing you can provide

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Your posts are really confusing, to me and perhaps others. Your profile lists K-1, and you’ve previously stated she has a visa she hopes to use next month.

And now additional questions about a process that you two have been through previously?

What visa does she currently have?

What visa is she going for?

Have you already started the K1?

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Timeline

The more evidence you provide showing ties to you will impede getting the visa -- your best bet is to provide nothing -- really !!

This!

I wish someone warned me the first time I asked for a tourist visa- I had an invitation letter, affidavit of support and even my (then) boyfriend's tax papers!

Boy was I naive, I feel like they decided to reject me as soon as they saw I have someone there willing and able to support me.

So yeah, no papers on your side- what you can do is put money on her bank account so she has something to show as far as finances go. And, of course, as someone said- pay for the visa fee.

Timeline

Aloha Kiran n Suds.

I can see the confusion - and I apologize to everyone for that. When I created our profile, I didn't

see B2 as an option. So I listed K1 - as that will follow down the road. But for now, I changed it to "Other"..

Yes, this is her second visa. But I wasn't involved in the first. The purpose of the first was only to

visit UH. She was there for a week and left. Her parents took care of the finances.

She has already applied for a tatkal passport renewal as her current passport is about to expire. She hopes

to have that in a couple weeks. Her first B2 visa will expire second week of June. So once she receives

her new passport, she will begin working on the second B2 visa. We will submit for the K1 while she is

visiting..... Hope that clears things up a bit. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Back to the original question. Her parents do not consider this trip scholarly or professional in nature and

will not provide financial help. So it's on Soumanti and I to make this happen. She has little finances so I need

to help. Many sites we have seen suggest the host provide an invitation letter and financial information and all

that. Now I am reading all the replies here. And what Nika said stopped me in my tracks.

I just want Soumanti here with me for awhile so we can enjoy each other and make plans. We want to be fully

above-board, legal and ethical about how we proceed. To have her stopped in Honolulu because of financial

issues would be heart-breaking. I don't know what to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.