WombatWombat

Irrational husband adjustment issues and removal of condition

80 posts in this topic

Actually, so did I - and I'm the OP.

I was never really sure about having kids and all that responsibility that comes with it. Ironically, it seems I now have both (a man and a child) combined in one person. Life does have a sense of humor, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

OP, I would suggest for you to read up on the cycle of abuse. (Resources here, here and here.) From what you are saying, it seems quite clear that you are being emotionally abused by your husband. Even if you don't think so, it's good to be aware. Abuse that's not physical often gets overlooked, even if the consequences can be equally devastating. I wish you all the best! <3

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

African women take too much!!

Sorry, my sister.

You are not responsible for this grown man who knows what he is doing, abeg!

Some of us women endure too much! Read your post to yourself and you will know what to do.

You said you are broke, please borrow money for plane ticket, and send him back on a direct flight ( Delta)! And don't look back or feel bad.

Our culture makes a divorced woman feel bad for "her inability to keep a man".

You will survive without him. And you will meet another man who will treat you better. And don't allow the family back home to shame you or whatever they say get you.

Sorry guys, i had to go off. I feel my sister's pain. I have seen it happen too many times.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
Dear WombatWombat,

So despite all this, do you still call the thing between you two a marriage? I hope you not because its not. Try me, he is having another wife and probably children in his home country Senegal. How can he treat you like BS and not respecting you like you do? Why will you buy him a ticket to and fro his home country in the first place? It seems you are giving him the opportunity to be putting you through all this mess. You are not his slave and you should let him know about that. Do not pay to remove conditions nor should you buy his plane ticket. Let him pay for anything he wants for himself because you brought him over and help him get a job only for him to be threatening to leave jobs because of silly augments. A friend of mind went through this same in the hands of a man from the same country as yours Dakar, Senegal and they ended up in court for annulment because of the so call husband was married back home.

Talk with him and let him tell you what exactly he want and make a final decision together...

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hello all, I wanted to send an update to my story. I ended up filing for removal of condition after all, because I didn't want to hold the green card over his head.

Things got a little better for a while - he stopped constantly harping on my past, he controlled his temper for the most part, and he found a temp job with my help, that he considered easy, where he made some friends and where they liked him.

Overall, we started being happier. He also gave me $100.00 a week from his paycheck (he made $360.00 a week) to pay for his car payment/insurance. He also paid for his own gas. The rest of the money was his' to do with as he pleased. I paid for all other bills, groceries and his phone bill.

However, he continued to complain how the money was so little, and that it was even less because he had to "help" me, and that he would never be able to buy land/build a house at home.

A couple of months later, he was offered a parcel of land back home at a great deal, and I took out another cash advance in order to purchase it, thinking that maybe that would convince him that we were on the right track to both having a life here, but also building something in his home country.

I was able to spend a week with my girlfriends while he was "holding down the fort" back home. When I came back, it turned out that he called out sick for three days from his job (he had a cold)

A month later, I left for another week in order to visit my family overseas - I hadn't seen them in 4 years due to finances, and hubby being so dependent. Everything was great, when I left, and I enthusiastically told my family how things had improved and we are finally over the hump with him working and contributing.

I spoke with him daily, and during those calls inquired to make sure he was going to work - yes, no problem, he was going every day.

He picked me up from the airport a week later, and told me he got fired. Since it was a temp job, I was not too concerned yet, and told him we would just call the temp agency the next day and they would find him something else. He adamantly refused to contact the temp agency, but couldn't give me an explanation why.

I was perplexed until I saw his timesheet - he only worked 2 days, and called out for three. So of course they let him go. To add insult to injury, he lied to me about going to work every day.

He also spent every dime of his last paycheck (including the $100.00 he was supposed to give me for the car), and racked up his credit card bill to $1,450.00 in the last month (and no, he didn't send any money home, but we suddenly have a new TV and a couple of new guitars, and a new smartphone).

When confronted, he started again how he wants to go home, and how the US is no good, and life here is too expensive. But he does want his green card, and eventually that citizenship because it would give him freedom to travel, and come here "to earn some money". He feels, that he is "late" in having a music career and that his music would take off and he could make a living and be famous in his own country. He is talented, and I believe he has a shot at making it, and I had already agreed that he would be able to go back home for an extended period of time to pursue that dream, after he obtained his citizenship.

But of course this plan also included him working and contributing and saving until such time.

Anyway, during that fight, I purchased a plane ticket for him to go home, and took him to the airport 5 days later to return to his country.

I have to admit, I cried and cried and cried at the thought of him leaving. He will be gone for 5 months (at which time he is eligible to file for citizenship if he returns).

My heart and my head are in constant struggle. My head tells me that my only option is divorce. My heart adamantly insists on not letting go, and that I will never love another man as much as I love him.

I chastise myself for holding on to hope that he will eventually keep his promises and we will find a solution that works for both of us and allow us to remain married. But looking at the history of our relationship, he is not willing to put in any effort towards the marriage, and expects that everything is being handed to him. It breaks my heart, not just for myself, but also for him wasting this opportunity he has been given.

I am not perfect, but I have tried to be sensitive to his needs and frustration at adjustment.

Now I am trying to decide what my next step should be... and how to convince my heart to let me do what needs to be done.

I am wondering if I should hang on just a little while longer until he gets his citizenship. It is bad enough I will most likely have to pay alimony, but I am concerned about my sponsorship obligations - especially since he obviously can't hold a job.

Or am I overthinking the whole immigration issue? I assume since we already filed for removal of condition, he will probably just receive his permanent green card in a few months.

I probably shouldn't share all this on a public forum, but I could really use a little more feedback, even if not strictly related to immigration.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi. I read what all has happened and sometimes it is just ok to get it off your chest. Hold your head up high ma'am. Do not feel embarrassed by anything that you have done, sacrificed, or given to this man. Also don't feel embarrassed by sharing this in a "public" forum lol. As soon as I run past a lady named "WombatWombat" I will give you a hug because I will certainly know that it is you. Most people who have ever truly loved and taken risks have experienced some form of hurt. Don't let anyone make you feel foolish for showing compassion on somebody else. Trust me on it. You are perplexed by what to do. You really aren't though. I have been divorced twice. Each time, my first inclining was to separate my finances and realize I could handle things myself. If you have found yourself calculating a single woman's budget, you have already made your mind up. No judgment here and you have no shame. What you did for him was honorable and he squandered it being stupid. So look up and be good. :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hello all, I wanted to send an update to my story. I ended up filing for removal of condition after all, because I didn't want to hold the green card over his head.

Things got a little better for a while - he stopped constantly harping on my past, he controlled his temper for the most part, and he found a temp job with my help, that he considered easy, where he made some friends and where they liked him.

Overall, we started being happier. He also gave me $100.00 a week from his paycheck (he made $360.00 a week) to pay for his car payment/insurance. He also paid for his own gas. The rest of the money was his' to do with as he pleased. I paid for all other bills, groceries and his phone bill.

However, he continued to complain how the money was so little, and that it was even less because he had to "help" me, and that he would never be able to buy land/build a house at home.

A couple of months later, he was offered a parcel of land back home at a great deal, and I took out another cash advance in order to purchase it, thinking that maybe that would convince him that we were on the right track to both having a life here, but also building something in his home country.

I was able to spend a week with my girlfriends while he was "holding down the fort" back home. When I came back, it turned out that he called out sick for three days from his job (he had a cold)

A month later, I left for another week in order to visit my family overseas - I hadn't seen them in 4 years due to finances, and hubby being so dependent. Everything was great, when I left, and I enthusiastically told my family how things had improved and we are finally over the hump with him working and contributing.

I spoke with him daily, and during those calls inquired to make sure he was going to work - yes, no problem, he was going every day.

He picked me up from the airport a week later, and told me he got fired. Since it was a temp job, I was not too concerned yet, and told him we would just call the temp agency the next day and they would find him something else. He adamantly refused to contact the temp agency, but couldn't give me an explanation why.

I was perplexed until I saw his timesheet - he only worked 2 days, and called out for three. So of course they let him go. To add insult to injury, he lied to me about going to work every day.

He also spent every dime of his last paycheck (including the $100.00 he was supposed to give me for the car), and racked up his credit card bill to $1,450.00 in the last month (and no, he didn't send any money home, but we suddenly have a new TV and a couple of new guitars, and a new smartphone).

When confronted, he started again how he wants to go home, and how the US is no good, and life here is too expensive. But he does want his green card, and eventually that citizenship because it would give him freedom to travel, and come here "to earn some money". He feels, that he is "late" in having a music career and that his music would take off and he could make a living and be famous in his own country. He is talented, and I believe he has a shot at making it, and I had already agreed that he would be able to go back home for an extended period of time to pursue that dream, after he obtained his citizenship.

But of course this plan also included him working and contributing and saving until such time.

Anyway, during that fight, I purchased a plane ticket for him to go home, and took him to the airport 5 days later to return to his country.

I have to admit, I cried and cried and cried at the thought of him leaving. He will be gone for 5 months (at which time he is eligible to file for citizenship if he returns).

My heart and my head are in constant struggle. My head tells me that my only option is divorce. My heart adamantly insists on not letting go, and that I will never love another man as much as I love him.

I chastise myself for holding on to hope that he will eventually keep his promises and we will find a solution that works for both of us and allow us to remain married. But looking at the history of our relationship, he is not willing to put in any effort towards the marriage, and expects that everything is being handed to him. It breaks my heart, not just for myself, but also for him wasting this opportunity he has been given.

I am not perfect, but I have tried to be sensitive to his needs and frustration at adjustment.

Now I am trying to decide what my next step should be... and how to convince my heart to let me do what needs to be done.

I am wondering if I should hang on just a little while longer until he gets his citizenship. It is bad enough I will most likely have to pay alimony, but I am concerned about my sponsorship obligations - especially since he obviously can't hold a job.

Or am I overthinking the whole immigration issue? I assume since we already filed for removal of condition, he will probably just receive his permanent green card in a few months.

I probably shouldn't share all this on a public forum, but I could really use a little more feedback, even if not strictly related to immigration.

He gives you $100 so you can pay for his car insurance and he gets a gold star for paying his own gas ? That's it ?

That sounds like a teenager not a grown man.

You need to read this entire thread again, not much has changed.

He still doesn't want to work and has the pipe dream of becoming famous. Please ! Still blows money on pot and charges his new toys on credit

cards.

He complaints he can't built a house "at home" because he has to "help you". Really ? Help you by giving you $100 to pay for his car insurance !

He doesn't consider being with you his "home", he wants to travel to make money and spend all this time away from you (which may indicate

a second woman there).

So what's to love ?

His temper tantrums, his lack of effort for the marriage, his selfishness or his lies or the fact that he can't hold a job ?

Can't you see your co dependence ?

I suggest you get some counseling for yourself to learn to establish some healthy boundaries. He doesn't act like a husband but like

a spoiled immature brat. You are the enabler. Why don't you believe you deserve better ?

It doesn't matter what your heart tells you, use your brain, the heart will eventually follow the healthy decision your mind needs to make.

You assume he will just get his permanent GC but he could be called for an interview and that wouldn't go over well without co mingled

financial evidence and him out of the country half the time.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

He was devious about his doings, and he lied to you.

Your respective life goals differ.

Financial irresponsibility is not a foundation for a solid or lasting marriage.

It's natural to dwell on the "what might have been," but a future together isn't in the cards.

You won't believe the feeling of relief when you cut all the ties and look ahead, not back.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I just skimmed the earlier pages of the thread, and:

-- Nothing has changed. The patterns of behavior remain consistent.

-- The advice remains unanimous.

Set yourself free, without an iota of regret.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ohhhh dear

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I agree with tbone.

Stand up for yourself! No one else will. You NEED to.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Things haven't changed and they might never change.

You are losing this fight and you have refused to see it.

This man has a car who you will end up paying for. He has credit card bill(s) you will end up paying for, and the list goes on and on.

Stop making the same mistakes over and over.

So far, your husband has shown you WHO HE IS, and you continue to believe that he is nothing like what he has shown you. Why are you accepting this from this man.

"A dirty cloth is never better than no cloth". You have to take a stand and stand by it.

If [ you don't set your own tune, you will end up dancing to someone's tune] and this is exactly you this man is doing to you.

You really need to speak to someone to either smack you into reality or talk nice to you into reality, whichever works.

You can't keep enabling him.

You know damn well the inevitable will happen but you are trying to prolong it. Ask yourself who will lose the most in the end?

I am not saying that get divorce right away if you are not ready for that step.

Take him off any financial responsibility you may have. And take your name off his.

If you have the lowest expectation of man, he will give you the minimum. And his minimum is the $100 he gives u every week, which he complains about. Stop paying for stuffs for him. The man is the provider, protector, expect and let him do that.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

WOW you are still living with this loser...unbeliavable. I urge you to seek some therapy. No offense here but it doesn't matter how much YOU love him, but it matters how much he loves you, I would say zero, nada. He went back home, I bet he will find a girlfriend or wife, and he will live there most of the time, but he will return to the USA a few months per year to make some money. He will be able to stay in your house for free and he will do that when he comes back to make some money! Do you really think this kind the relationship is worth it? not for me my dear, no way, no how. Good luck.

"Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep".

Edited by sandranj

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

WombatWombat....Love is also a verb, not just a feeling.

Look at his ACTIONS and ask yourself if he is showing you that he loves and respects you.

It may be helpful to make some lists:

- Pros and cons of staying with him if things stay exactly as they are now,

- Pros and cons of divorcing him and moving on,

- A list of what you're giving to the relationship vs. what you're getting from it.

- Take stock of how much time you're spending in the highs of the relationship vs. how much time you're spending in the lows of it.

It looks very much like you're addicted to the short-lived, enthralling highs you get when he's on his best behavior, and it's been enough to keep you strung along waiting and hoping one day for some sort of miracle to happen that will transform him into the man you "know" he can be, but who also happens to be the man he, more often than not, ISN'T.

This "man" has outright lied to you, provided nothing for you, is more concerned with getting money than anything else and yet doesn't seem to be capable of actually saving any money whatsoever. Is he privately thinking that one of these days you're going to buy the house for him? Someone who is interested in saving money to buy land and build a house is a person who is not going to miss so many days of work, not going to lose job after job after job, and not going to be interested in buying needless items on credit (while lying to his spouse about it). He's telling you an awful lot of stories, but his actions just don't add up with what he says.

It is now 6 months later than your original post. What has all of your wishing and hoping and praying done to change him from May to today? 15 years in a long distance relationship is not what you signed up for, is it? Do you want to be married to a man who doesn't want to actually live with you most of the time? A man who fills your life with so much drama and lies to you whenever it suits him? A man who makes you foot all of his bills and can't/WON'T hold down a job? A man whose primary concern is NOT to provide for you and to stick it out here with you through thick and thin?

A lot of immigrant spouses come here and face the harsh reality that making money and having a job here isn't as easy as they thought it would be...but (most of the time) they don't leave their spouses and go back home multiple times because of it. They stick it out until they get the hang of things.

I truly hope one day (soon, I hope!) you'll realize that you're worth so much more than what you've put up with. You're addicted to this man's drama/"love", so I know it isn't easy to cut your losses and walk away...but it'll be the smartest and healthiest decision you'll ever make for the incredible, deserving woman that you are. You can and WILL find a real man who will treat you the way you want to be treated (99-100% of the time) if you'll just find the courage and self-love to put yourself first for once.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

OP,

You may be legally married, but you are not his "wife". He is just using you for immigration, to pay for his toys, and for room and board. I hope that you realize that the moment he gets his citizenship, he will leave you and move to his country to be with his REAL wife, and live on the land hat YOU bought for them. And you keep getting into more debt and financial problems because of him.

Your situation reminds me of a woman I knew some years ago. She is not on this board, she's an older lady from where I used to live. She was in her 40's at the time, overweight but not grossly, not very good looking, and never seemed to be in any relationships since I was a kid living near her. Typical low self-esteem, seemed like the desperate type. She married a foreigner (don't remember where from) who was on a tourist visa and came to the US once a year to work illegally and take all the money back. They met and he was good actor pretending to love her but everybody could see it was all fake, except her. Eventually, after I assume had had his greencard, he left her.

You need to divorce him, cancel his return ticket, and be done with him.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.