33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

On Tuesday my fiancee and I finally got married and we are getting ready to send her adjusment of status papers but Im a bit confuse about the I-693. I was under the impression that we did it in CHile and that we didnt have to do it again... Is that correct or do we need to again to a Doctor here in U.S? She got her exams in December of last year..

Can someone answer this for me?

Also we have been here for two months and i still have not found a job, Can my mom fill out an afidavit of support again?

Timeline

We are filling out the papers for my wife's adjustment of status and I have a question regarding form I-131

Part 3. Processing Information

What if we do not have a departure date for her trip, we just want to have it in case she needs to travel... What do we put?

Timeline

Can someone please tell me where do I find the Nonimmigrant Visa Number.. I looked in the passport and the Visa has a control number, some numbers in red and also some numbers and letters on the bottom.. Which is the right one?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Mail all of the applications together to the Chicago lockbox facility.

http://www.uscis.gov/node/45553

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Timeline

~Five AOS-related topics merged into one thread~

~There is no need for five separate questions for AOS-related topics~

Edited by Pitaya

Timeline

When we applied for the K-1 my mom was the co -sponsor for my fiancee... She got her visa, we traveled to U.S we got married, and now we will apply for her adjustment of status, the problem is that we have been in the U.S for two months and I have not found a job...

Can my mom fill out the I-864 alone for my wife or do we have to so it the same way we did with the I-134 (both sent a form)...

My mom alone is fine with the poverty line, and I lived outside the U.S for two years and I just moved back to the U.S with my wife.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Can someone please tell me where do I find the Nonimmigrant Visa Number.. I looked in the passport and the Visa has a control number, some numbers in red and also some numbers and letters on the bottom.. Which is the right one?

That's the red number on the visa.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

We are filling out the papers for my wife's adjustment of status and I have a question regarding form I-131

What if we do not have a departure date for her trip, we just want to have it in case she needs to travel... What do we put?

I just put "unknown" with mine and it was ok :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Leave them blank and then hand-write Unknown for date and length.

Non-immigrant visa number is the one in red towards the lower right of the visa.

visa_after_entry.jpg

We will be mailing my wife's I-485... Do we need to send the I-765 and I-131 along the adjustment of status or do we have to mail them to a different lockbox?

Everything is mailed together.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You must provide your own I-864, even if using a joint sponsor. So, you provide your I-864 and required documentation, and your mom will do the same. She will also need to include proof of being a USC or LPR. See the I-864 instructions for all the details.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP

Non-immigrant visa number is the one in red towards the lower right of the visa.

visa_after_entry.jpg

Timeline

In Part 5. Complete Only if applying for re-entry permit

Do I leave it blank?

she has not travel anywhere yet and she is not a resindet so no taxes yet

visa_after_entry.jpg

Timeline

As many of you can see Im filling out papers and I have more than one question...

In regards to form I-693

My wife came to the U.S under a k-1 Visa and she got her medical exam in Chile in November.. Do we need to fill out part 1 of Form I-693 and the just send a copy of her vaccines or what do we need to do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.