17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here goes my fiance went for his medical exam last Thursday. The do chest x-ray. Take blood & urine. Gave him shots. gave him a letter addressed to dr. In charge & told him to go to his own doctor. He went to his doctor and they want him to give another urine sample. Is this normal procedure? I'm confused. Sorry if I post this in the wrong thread.

Timeline

Did he go to one of the recommended places for the medical? I know in Kingston it's Andrews hospital, that where my fiancé went n he had no issues and they sent his medical to the embassey directly.

Filed: Timeline

There's Andrews & Medical Assoc in Kingston also Hope in Mobay

but he had been to the panel Dr and was sent to his own Dr I don't

think that would be weed, must be something else & mention would be

made to the patient what it is. Usually the medical is sent over or the person

go back & pick up to take to the interview

Timeline

He went to Andrews;they gAve him the letter & told him to go to his own Dr.Yesterday he went to his own Dr. They told him to come back today. The nurse told him to flush his system & drink plenty of water. He didn't pass his drug test. I'm having second thoughts. am I not important enough for you to stop smoking long enough to pass a drug test?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

He went to Andrews;they gAve him the letter & told him to go to his own Dr.Yesterday he went to his own Dr. They told him to come back today. The nurse told him to flush his system & drink plenty of water. He didn't pass his drug test. I'm having second thoughts. am I not important enough for you to stop smoking long enough to pass a drug test?

Wow, that was one really nice clinic for them to just ignore his first test and give him a second chance! And yeah, I'd be pissed at him for doing drugs.

Timeline

Wow, that was really nice of them to give him a second chance to pass. You would think he could stop long enuf just to pass drug test... SMH. Hope it all works out for you.

My fiancé just scheduled his medical appointment. He called the clinic in MoBay and was told the ONLY place on the island now to do medical for US Visa is at Andrews in Kingston. He wasn't to thrilled about that. LOL

Does you fiance know that weed is only legal in a few States now? You have a right to be upset, it was very irresponsible to do that.

You are also very lucky he didn't get an automatic denial and a year of drug testing before applying again.

Timeline

A little bit of weed is now legal (passed) in jA

recently, but the US consulate is not on board

with that so far...if his urine was dirty, he'll have

a few mths set-back, and he must stop smoking

to be approved

It's not a "few months" set-back. It's a whole year of drug testing and none of the tests may contain drugs.

Timeline

How much does the drug testing cost for that year? Will we have to start the process over from the beginning? I'm so distraught about this

Try the search function here on VJ and see if you can find some info. I don't know personally what happens but I know there was a girl here not long ago who's fiance failed the drug test and are now doing 1 year of drug testing. It seems like they did not have to start over, they are just waiting to see if he can stay clean for a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.