12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello! I have some questions and in need of answers. Please help!

So, me and my other 3 siblings were under my mom's fiance visa last 2010. My oldest sister, however, turned 21 (Nov. 2009) before we got our visas approved (May 2010). She did all her physical exam and biometrics with us and the only problem was that she turned 21. Since she was already above the age limit, she wasn't able to come with us. Now, my question is, is there anything we can do to have her come here other than petitioning her (which we already did, but was told that it would take 10+ years)? Does the immigration office still have her papers even after 5 years? And if they do, would it help to get a lawyer to do something about it?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Is your father US citizen?? If your father can petition her, it will be quicker process

I am sorry i dont have much knowledge on F1 Visa. May be someone more senior member can shine some lights on your situation.

Good Luck

Is your father US citizen?? If your father can petition her, it will be quicker process

I am sorry i dont have much knowledge on F1 Visa. May be someone more senior member can shine some lights on your situation.

Good Luck

My step dad is but they divorced last year. Thank you for answering!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

why didn't your mom file for her immediately when she got here?

as long as your sister is unmarried, your mom could have filed for her, and already 5 years would have passed

depending on the country you are from, for some countries, the wait is over 7 years

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

why didn't your mom file for her immediately when she got here?

as long as your sister is unmarried, your mom could have filed for her, and already 5 years would have passed

depending on the country you are from, for some countries, the wait is over 7 years

hi

sorry, I read too quickly, your mom filed for her, right?

the other petition doesn't matter, there is nothing anyone can do but wait, no lawyer can do anything to speed up the process

immigration keeps everything, no matter how much time passes

Edited by aleful

hi

sorry, I read too quickly, your mom filed for her, right?

the other petition doesn't matter, there is nothing anyone can do but wait, no lawyer can do anything to speed up the process

immigration keeps everything, no matter how much time passes

Hi, thanks for replying! We only found out recently that permanent residents can also petition so we only filed our petition recently as well.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am assuming your sister is 26 or 27 now. You can file for F2b but it will take 8 years. If your mother is USC then she can file for her but wait time is 10 to 12 years. For F2a category, Your sister needed to be under 21 to be eligible at the time your mom got green card. It was not possible so it doesn't matter how you look at it she could not have made it. CSPA can not be applied in any way possible.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What country are you from.

She could look at other visa categories, work visa? US Boyfriend?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I have some questions and in need of answers. Please help!

So, me and my other 3 siblings were under my mom's fiance visa last 2010. My oldest sister, however, turned 21 (Nov. 2009) before we got our visas approved (May 2010). She did all her physical exam and biometrics with us and the only problem was that she turned 21. Since she was already above the age limit, she wasn't able to come with us. Now, my question is, is there anything we can do to have her come here other than petitioning her (which we already did, but was told that it would take 10+ years)? Does the immigration office still have her papers even after 5 years? And if they do, would it help to get a lawyer to do something about it?

Thanks!

Yes they keep a file of everyone who has filed for a visa application. However, your sister's past K2 application has nothing to do with your mom's petition for her. A lawyer cannot do anything to speed up the process. Your sister will wait in line like everyone else. Seems to me that you're from the Philippines? If yes, the wait is 10+ years and she has to remain single the entire time.

She can try to find an employer who can file a work visa for her or the usual and fastest route thru a US citizen boyfriend.

Good luck!

What country are you from.

She could look at other visa categories, work visa? US Boyfriend?

Boyfriends/girlfriends are a visa category now? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Boyfriends/girlfriends are a visa category now? :)

Of course, K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.