Janelle2002

Some see differences between perceptions of Waco, Baltimore

195 posts in this topic

Waco_Shooting.JPEG-04e31.JPG

They totally look under arrest. :rolleyes:

As I said, over 180 people were arrested. I'm sure I could find a picture of someone not looting in Baltimore too.

not even the nylon ties.

Imagine that, they were detained and didn't run away or attack the cops.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

i'm not talking about calling in the national guard, i wouldn't expect that.

i'm also not saying that waco was about race. i'm saying that law enforcement handles situations involving minorities or the perceived threat of minority uprising differently than how they handle large groups of white criminals - who could just as easily threaten (and did, actually) le.

There were plenty of minorities involved in the Waco incident.

How did you know it was a "peaceful" protest?

I read that there were burning of flags in front of police precinct.

I personally feel that these peaceful protests are waste of police resources, city money, disrupting the traffic (given that there are already many road works going on throughout the metro areas, massive traffic jams daily).

If you want to protest, go protest in the parks.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/05/11/erin-panel-hill-houck-spike-in-police-deaths.cnn

Protestors were out there peacefully for about 6 days before the riots started. You wouldn't know that since the media coverage didn't begin until the riots. Because no one cared until property started being destroyed..

After admitting that looting and rioting were not the best ways to represent the community and to seek answers, protester Danielle Williams asked Roberts a question of her own.

"My question to you is, when we were out here protesting all last week for six days straight peacefully, there were no news cameras, there were no helicopters, there was no riot gear, and nobody heard us," Williams said. "So now that we've burned down buildings and set businesses on fire and looted buildings, now all of the sudden everybody wants to hear us."

"Why does it take a catastrophe like this in order for America to hear our cry?" she continued. "I mean, enough is enough. We've had too many lives lost at the hands of police officers. Enough is enough."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/baltimore-protester-media-coverage_n_7166018.html

I got about 2/3 of the way through the OP and gave up. I know that it's difficult to grasp, but if the bikers at Waco were throwing rocks and charging at the police the very different scenes from that incident to the Ferguson and Baltimore 'protests' read rioting wouldn't appear so disparate.

The bikers have a code, honorable perhaps not. They know how to act during an arrest to avoid getting shot or beaten. They will fight the charges in court not on the scene with the police.

More than a few white 'protesters' got a police beat down recently in Seattle on May Day. The police rresponse is geared to what they are responding to, not necessarily the color of the people involved in what they are responding to.

Considering that they've put hits out on the police force, I'm not sure if that falls under the honorable code or not.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/18/cops-brace-for-revenge-attacks-after-deadly-biker-gang-shootout/

“There was a green light put out on law enforcement, is our understanding from last night. We are aware of that threat,” Swanton said.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I'm not sure I understand why you don't understand what I am saying. Stop the fighting and the Police stop as well. Continue to fight, loot and riot and you end up with Ferguson and Baltimore.

You know what's different with the Waco shootings? No one is questioning if the police were justified in what they did. Wonder why?

Stop being logical.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I'm not sure I understand why you don't understand what I am saying. Stop the fighting and the Police stop as well. Continue to fight, loot and riot and you end up with Ferguson and Baltimore.

You know what's different with the Waco shootings? No one is questioning if the police were justified in what they did. Wonder why?

fighting? you mean shooting up public space and murder?

fight loot riot = murder

as far as justifying police action, sure a cop should shoot when being shot at. and that isn't comparable considering the deaths behind ferguson/baltimore were not a result of the victim shooting at police. UNARMED.

Imagine that, they were detained and didn't run away or attack the cops.

oh, is that the prerequisite for nylon ties? i think you might be wrong..

There were plenty of minorities involved in the Waco incident.

not seeing that..

oh, is that the prerequisite for nylon ties? i think you might be wrong..

Or maybe, *gasp* those bikers in the picture weren't actually under arrest at the time? Maybe they were detained so need to cuff them yet? Just a thought, I have no idea if this is the case or not.

not seeing that..

Why, no dark skin?

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

It's amazing what happens when you do what he cops say. And don't run away, throw rocks at them, charge them etc.

John Crawford, Tamir Rice, Floyd Dent, Oscar Grant, Amadou Diallo.

It's amazing what happened to them, because they were killed, and they didn't run away or throw rocks or charge at police. The list goes on and on...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

fighting? you mean shooting up public space and murder?

fight loot riot = murder

as far as justifying police action, sure a cop should shoot when being shot at. and that isn't comparable considering the deaths behind ferguson/baltimore were not a result of the victim shooting at police. UNARMED.

Call it whatever you want, it was over in an hour. A cop should shoot whenever his life is in danger, like in Ferguson. The Baltimore case was a blatant abuse of power by police and never should have happened. It's been investigated and cops have been arrested. There was/is no justification for the public reaction that took place in either incident.

Call it whatever you want, it was over in an hour. A cop should shoot whenever his life is in danger, like in Ferguson. The Baltimore case was a blatant abuse of power by police and never should have happened. It's been investigated and cops have been arrested. There was/is no justification for the public reaction that took place in either incident.

An abuse of power by black cops, abusing a black man in their custody.

And no justification for the rioting and looting.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Or maybe, *gasp* those bikers in the picture weren't actually under arrest at the time? Maybe they were detained so need to cuff them yet? Just a thought, I have no idea if this is the case or not.

lol. yeah. that's it.

obvious at this point you've never been around a mass group of people getting 'detained'