bublik

FINALLY...NOA2 after 55(!!!) days post-RFE. Have hope!!!:)

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"I'm sorry you feel the adjudicating is inconsistent, but you're barking up the wrong tree and should be well aware that this process isn't consistent or fair. If it were I wouldn't have waited 199 days for approval. "

Actually, 199 days is extremely consistent. TSC waiting time is 7 months plus right now, so you aren't even over the expected time yet. Can't be more consistent than that.

You would have an argument if you were waiting for 8-9 months, couple months longer than other people IN THE SAME SERVICE CENTER. But I bet you aren't going to get this either.

....and waiting +two months for a RFE response is the norm. I don't know what everyone is arguing about. Seriously doubt someone sits there and makes someone's life crappy on purpose and sends a RFE for IMB proof. There's a reason, maybe someone should ask them,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations to those of you with approvals in less than 8 months. We the ones stuck in TSC hell are not so fortunate. I am glad to hear part of our government works. Cause Texas is damn sure broke down. I will be planning a trip back to Russia because I cannot be away from my fiancee another 6 months. They say patience is a virtue, I have a different opinion on that one. Hind site being 20/20 I would recommend that anyone going through this train wreck they call uscis to move to a state that CSC processes. Don't petition from Florida, you will be penalized and sent to Texas torture hell.

Timeline

Congratulations to those of you with approvals in less than 8 months. We the ones stuck in TSC hell are not so fortunate. I am glad to hear part of our government works. Cause Texas is damn sure broke down. I will be planning a trip back to Russia because I cannot be away from my fiancee another 6 months. They say patience is a virtue, I have a different opinion on that one. Hind site being 20/20 I would recommend that anyone going through this train wreck they call uscis to move to a state that CSC processes. Don't petition from Florida, you will be penalized and sent to Texas torture hell.

Not so loud they're gonna call you a whiner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Today is day # 90 for us post RFE. Still no update since the March 23rd receipt of our RFE.

Strange thing is, they even removed the sentence " you should receive a decision or case update by May 22, 2015 unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed.." from the My USCIS page.

Timeline

:wow::clock::o:help:

Today is day # 90 for us post RFE. Still no update since the March 23rd receipt of our RFE. Strange thing is, they even removed the sentence " you should receive a decision or case update by May 22, 2015 unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed.." from the My USCIS page.

Timeline

Today is day # 90 for us post RFE. Still no update since the March 23rd receipt of our RFE. Strange thing is, they even removed the sentence " you should receive a decision or case update by May 22, 2015 unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed.." from the My USCIS page.

Did you call and talk to Tier 2 officer? Did you demand the answers? If you didn't, you should, because the 60 days are over.

Also, email the ombudsmen's office (sorry, don't know how to spell that word). I did, around day 45 of waiting for NOA2, and received the answer from them at around day 60, right after I got my NOA2.

What have you done so far?

I-129F petition/K-1 visa

1/21/2015 I-129F mailed USPS Priority to Dallas lockbox /// 1/26/2015 received by USCIS

1/28/2015 NOA1 date /// 1/29/2015 NOA1 (text/email) I-129F sent → NOA1 - 7 days

2/3/2015 NOA1 (hard copy)

3/10/2015 RFE (email) /// 3/16/2015 RFE (hard copy) with A# NOA1 → RFE - 41 days

3/19/2015 RFE mailed USPS Priority to CSC /// 3/23/2015 RFE response received by CSC

5/18/2015 NOA2 (email) RFE→ NOA2 - 69 days / NOA1 → NOA2 - 110 days I-129F sent → NOA2 (CSC phase) - 117 days

5/22/2015 NOA2 (hard copy)

6/1/2015 NVC: case received NOA2 → NVC received - 14 days

6/4/2015 NVC: assigned case # & invoice ID

6/8/2015 NVC: sent to Embassy NVC received → NVC left - 7 days

6/10/2015 Status 'Ready' on CEAC site, letter from NVC mailed to petitioner /// 6/13/2015 NVC letter with case # (hard copy) received

6/16/2015 Embassy: case received NOA2 → Embassy received (NVC phase) - 29 days

6/17/2015 Status 'Administrative processing' on CEAC site, email from Embassy with interview instructions

6/24/2015 Interview scheduled, packets 3 & 4 received (email) /// 6/25/2015 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

7/2/2015 Medical

7/6/2015 Interview NOA1 → interview - 159 days Embassy received → interview (Embassy phase) - 20 days 7/28/2015 Visa issued /// 7/29/2015 email recieved/ visa in hand I-129F sent → visa in hand - 189 days (~6 months) TOTAL TIME

8/22/2015 POE LA

9/10/2015 Wedding

I-485(AOS)/ I-131(AP)/ I-765(EAD)

9/10/2015 Wedding /// 10/6/2015 Marriage Certificate (certified copy) received

11/3/2015 AOS/ AP/ EAD package mailed (USPS Priority to Chicago lockbox) /// 11/5/2015 received by USCIS

11/6/2015 NOA1 (x3) date /// 11/9/2015 NOA1 (x3) (text/email) AOS/AP/EAD sent → NOA1 - 3 days

11/13/2015 NOA1 (x3) (hard copy)

11/20/2015 Biometrics appointment invitation received (hard copy)

11/30/2015 Biometrics appointment

1/26/2016 NOA2 (EAD/AP) date /// 11/9/2015 NOA1 (x3) (text/email) AOS/AP/EAD sent → NOA1 - 3 days

1/29/2016 NOA2 (EAD) (hard copy)

2/3/2016 EAD/AP card received

event.png

Timeline

I have called about 5 times till now. Spoke to tier 2/supervisor about on 4 occasions.

Initially, they said that I have to wait until May 23 for them to file a service request. Then they said, I have to wait till June 1, as my case will then be out of normal processing times. Until then the computer "isn't allowing them to file a service request".

But then early June, they said that my case is still "within processing time" as apparently CSC is processing NOA1 dates of Dec 16th. Ten days later, again the same thing and it's still processing Dec 16th. When I referred to all the approvals as evidenced in this forum, the supervisor said not to believe every thing that you read on the net.

Can anyone please direct me how to reach the ombudsman? I was planning to make an info pass appointment and see if they can do anything for me in person?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Timeline

Figured out how to file with the ombudsman. Thanks for the suggestion bublik.

Actually, for the first time today, I was able to do an online service request. It says for me to expect a reply by July 13th. Should I wait that long or should I go ahead and simultaneously file with the Ombudsman?

I have an Infopass appointment for this week? Should I change it?

Thanks again, bublik and shauneg.

Timeline

I would not wait for anything in your place. 90 days!!!

You have the rights to get very mad. They should at least have the decency to explain something, not feed you the BS and give you random dates. If there is a valid reason (smth about your history, extra checks needed)- they should be able to say it. If they have no idea (files get lost), they should take responsibility.

Unreal.

File the request, go to your appt, and keep calling them, demand answers. Did you try contacting your congressman?

I-129F petition/K-1 visa

1/21/2015 I-129F mailed USPS Priority to Dallas lockbox /// 1/26/2015 received by USCIS

1/28/2015 NOA1 date /// 1/29/2015 NOA1 (text/email) I-129F sent → NOA1 - 7 days

2/3/2015 NOA1 (hard copy)

3/10/2015 RFE (email) /// 3/16/2015 RFE (hard copy) with A# NOA1 → RFE - 41 days

3/19/2015 RFE mailed USPS Priority to CSC /// 3/23/2015 RFE response received by CSC

5/18/2015 NOA2 (email) RFE→ NOA2 - 69 days / NOA1 → NOA2 - 110 days I-129F sent → NOA2 (CSC phase) - 117 days

5/22/2015 NOA2 (hard copy)

6/1/2015 NVC: case received NOA2 → NVC received - 14 days

6/4/2015 NVC: assigned case # & invoice ID

6/8/2015 NVC: sent to Embassy NVC received → NVC left - 7 days

6/10/2015 Status 'Ready' on CEAC site, letter from NVC mailed to petitioner /// 6/13/2015 NVC letter with case # (hard copy) received

6/16/2015 Embassy: case received NOA2 → Embassy received (NVC phase) - 29 days

6/17/2015 Status 'Administrative processing' on CEAC site, email from Embassy with interview instructions

6/24/2015 Interview scheduled, packets 3 & 4 received (email) /// 6/25/2015 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

7/2/2015 Medical

7/6/2015 Interview NOA1 → interview - 159 days Embassy received → interview (Embassy phase) - 20 days 7/28/2015 Visa issued /// 7/29/2015 email recieved/ visa in hand I-129F sent → visa in hand - 189 days (~6 months) TOTAL TIME

8/22/2015 POE LA

9/10/2015 Wedding

I-485(AOS)/ I-131(AP)/ I-765(EAD)

9/10/2015 Wedding /// 10/6/2015 Marriage Certificate (certified copy) received

11/3/2015 AOS/ AP/ EAD package mailed (USPS Priority to Chicago lockbox) /// 11/5/2015 received by USCIS

11/6/2015 NOA1 (x3) date /// 11/9/2015 NOA1 (x3) (text/email) AOS/AP/EAD sent → NOA1 - 3 days

11/13/2015 NOA1 (x3) (hard copy)

11/20/2015 Biometrics appointment invitation received (hard copy)

11/30/2015 Biometrics appointment

1/26/2016 NOA2 (EAD/AP) date /// 11/9/2015 NOA1 (x3) (text/email) AOS/AP/EAD sent → NOA1 - 3 days

1/29/2016 NOA2 (EAD) (hard copy)

2/3/2016 EAD/AP card received

event.png

Timeline

What did your RFE say?

Timeline

Wooderz,

I think you are still missing the point.

See, there are some requirements that are set in stone and do not depend on the adjudicator's absence of knowledge, experience or other factors.

Didn't meet within 2 years of applying- RFE

no evidence of ending of previous marriages- RFE

etc

RFE for the dating site situation is totally dependent on the adjudicator. We have seen here so many different situations:

- people only mentioning that they met online- approved with no problems OR got an RFE

- people stating explicitly that they 'met on a dating site'- approved with no problems OR got RFE

- people naming the site- same thing, either approved or RFE

so how exactly this makes any sense? If there were set rules (say, met online- need to explain when and how etc, providing a specific site name)- then everybody would have gotten exactly the same RFE despite the fact that these requirements are NOT mentioned in the instructions for I-129F. But this is clearly not the case, so...

There are no rules about it.

If there are no rules, then it depends on the adjudicator, doesn't it? Which means, that it is THEIR responsibility to educate themselves and not produce unnecessary paperwork and delays. So, as the previous poster mentioned, the cheat sheet of all known not IMBRA sites should be easily available and be a must.

Especially if they are not allowed to spend much time on the internet researching stuff.

Sending RFE for a lack of knowledge is a lack of responsibility and lack of proper training.

My hat is off to you bublik. Finally someone understands what should be expected of the adjudicator and expressed exactly how I feel about this unnecessary delay. And since it appears to be from more than one or two adjudicators I feel they need new instructions and training or fix their guidelines for IMB issues.

Timeline

What did your RFE say?

The RFE wanted proof of having met in person. Despite sending them copies of air tickets and my passport showing entry and exit stamps, etc. We just sent them more pics of us together in reply to the RFE. Plus proof of my second visit to India.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.