AliciaBenCampbell

NVC has told us 3 times our petition has arrived and now its missing

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Ok I am beyond frustrated with this whole process, we were approved on march 2nd ( almost a year after we applied) and on the 18th of march it said our case has been sent to NVC.. I have called three times and they have told me it was there.. I was told on last Thursday it was there and when I called this morning.. its all of sudden not. Has this happened to anyone else.. I am at the point that I don't know what to do and our petition expires in a month. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

thanks,

Alicia

Hey Alicia,

That sounds absolutely awful. I would suggest calling them back again to see - perhaps the operator had mistyped something? I had a CR-1 visa, and was able to track my progress through the CEAC website; maybe you can check on there to see?

Best of luck,

Cho

Timeline

yeah I called back again and got the same answer that it wasn't there :( for some reason we have had the worst luck with this k1 visa.. if I would have known what I know now I would have suggested we just get married in Canada.. cause we are both Canadians and then apply that way

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The first 3 times, did you get a case #? Or did they say they hadn't assigned a case # yet? And at this point, assuming your petition did in fact reach NVC, it must now be with the consulate in Canada. You might want to e-mail them and ask if they have your application.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

And what did the NVC people tell you besides saying they didn't have your petition? Did they recommend e-mailing nvcresearch@state.gov? And I assume you never got a letter in the mail from NVC? And the first 3 times you called, how spread out were they? If you called once a week, then I'd say NVC never got your file. If you called them 3 times in 3 days (or within a week even), then I'd say NVC probably messed up.

If I were you, I'd do the following:

1. E-mail a copy of your NOA2 to nvcresearch@state.gov and say NVC has no record of it, and it's been more than 2 months since USCIS mailed it to NVC.

2. Call up USCIS, talk to a tier 2 person, and say NVC still hasn't received your petition.

Also be prepared to contact your congress(wo)man's office for assistance.

And don't worry about the NOA2 expiration. Mine expired due to a USCIS f-up, but it was automatically extended another 4 months.

Timeline

yeah I emailed NVR research just over a month ago and received no response, I am currently just waiting on the congresswomen to get back to us.. she has told us she would contact has back twice and still nothing. we also contacted a tier 2 and they said they wont do anything till it has been 90 days.. so that will be in another 13 days.

Have you checked with your embassy if they've received your files? If they left the NVC, the only place they should go to is the consulate. I understand how frustrating it can be. You're almost there though, hang on a little bit longer.

do you think it would go to the Vancouver consulate and they wouldn't have any information on their end?

thanks,

Alicia

Wouldn't hurt to try calling the consulate. If NVC sent it out last Thursday, Vancouver should get it in a week or two.

If what they meant by "its not here" and they have no record of sending it out, then they need to find it asap.

Timeline

yeah they ment it is not here by they are missing it.. waiting on the congresswomen to call back.. it has taken three times and she hasn't called back..beyond frustrated.

Timeline

do you think it would go to the Vancouver consulate and they wouldn't have any information on their end?

thanks,

Alicia

yeah they ment it is not here by they are missing it.. waiting on the congresswomen to call back.. it has taken three times and she hasn't called back..beyond frustrated.

Since NVC initially said it had your case, I would contact the consulate just to see if some wacky thing happened and NVC just didn't put it into their system before sending it to Vancouver.

And yeah, some congressional offices suck. Did you contact your two Senator offices too? They might be more responsive and helpful than your congresswoman's office.

Timeline

thanks for the tip! I just sent a email to them! fingers crossed good news! we have had the worst luck this whole process! and our case is so straight forward!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.