59 posts in this topic

I would judge him like that. People change and love doesn't last forever. That's why divorce exists. I know many people sees it as being irresponsible , but why would he hide and escape from his true feelings and be with somebody he doesn't even love anymore ? My recommendation for you is to get a divorce and move back to the Philippines. It's sad that your relationship didn't work out but then that's about it. Nothing you could do . And for women who think they could CHANGE a man , wake up.

After all, it wouldn't be fair for you if he's in love with somebody and still married to you. You could have his body( not even his body in your case ) but not his heart. Leave , you have nothing to lose because you've already lost him. Sorry for the cruel words but it is tough love.

Oh. Besides , extramarital affair is a punishable offence in republic of China ( Taiwan ) . If convicted , one would be heavily fined and serve jail time.

Oh. Besides , extramarital affair is a punishable offence in republic of China ( Taiwan ) . If convicted , one would be heavily fined and serve jail time.

Taiwan. What has Taiwan got to do with the price of cabbage? This lady is from the Philippines as I read it.

To the OP, you don't have to prove anything to him. In fact, as hard as you might try, he will never see it. You have come a long way to see for yourself what was going on, and have found him to be cheating on you, lying to you, and on the whole totally ignoring you. Please don't settle for that. A relationship in name only, with a man you will never be able to trust, that's a sad, small little life really.

If I were you, I would gather my bits and pieces together, and go home while I still had my dignity intact. I would want the comfort of having my family, and friends and familiar places around me.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Taiwan. What has Taiwan got to do with the price of cabbage? This lady is from the Philippines as I read it.

To the OP, you don't have to prove anything to him. In fact, as hard as you might try, he will never see it. You have come a long way to see for yourself what was going on, and have found him to be cheating on you, lying to you, and on the whole totally ignoring you. Please don't settle for that. A relationship in name only, with a man you will never be able to trust, that's a sad, small little life really.

If I were you, I would gather my bits and pieces together, and go home while I still had my dignity intact. I would want the comfort of having my family, and friends and familiar places around me.

I know she's from the phillipines. I was just saying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm pretty sure you're a strong woman. Since you've gotten this far, try your luck there and find a good job. Focus on your career and from that point use that as a way to divert your attention. There will be many days, weeks and so on that you'll cry but eventually you'll learn to move on and accept this cruelty. Cry it all out and move on. Once a guy decided to leave and told he don't love you anymore, unfortunately that's the truth.

Get yourself up, fix yourself and find a job. Focus on your future life and learn how to be happy again without him. You were once a single and happy without him , all you needed to do is to remember and believe on it. You've got your family and friends in the Philippines, talk to them and don't feel ashamed about your situation. If only I can extend my all ears to you I would have done that. Cheer up girl!

I know she's from the phillipines. I was just saying.

And there are places in the world where he or she might be put to death for it. Not really pertinent to her questions, really.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

I would judge him like that. People change and love doesn't last forever. That's why divorce exists. I know many people sees it as being irresponsible , but why would he hide and escape from his true feelings and be with somebody he doesn't even love anymore ? My recommendation for you is to get a divorce and move back to the Philippines. It's sad that your relationship didn't work out but then that's about it. Nothing you could do . And for women who think they could CHANGE a man , wake up.

After all, it wouldn't be fair for you if he's in love with somebody and still married to you. You could have his body( not even his body in your case ) but not his heart. Leave , you have nothing to lose because you've already lost him. Sorry for the cruel words but it is tough love.

If he didn't love her anymore, he should've initiated a divorce instead of a petition. He is still trash and I pray he doesn't fool any more women.

Also, what does Taiwan have to do with this? How random. lol

If he didn't love her anymore, he should've initiated a divorce instead of a petition. He is still trash and I pray he doesn't fool any more women.

Also, what does Taiwan have to do with this? How random. lol

If he just filed for divorce, instead of petitioning here , I am sure you will be equally if not heavenly upset.

Filed: Timeline

I'm pretty sure you're a strong woman. Since you've gotten this far, try your luck there and find a good job. Focus on your career and from that point use that as a way to divert your attention. There will be many days, weeks and so on that you'll cry but eventually you'll learn to move on and accept this cruelty. Cry it all out and move on. Once a guy decided to leave and told he don't love you anymore, unfortunately that's the truth.

Get yourself up, fix yourself and find a job. Focus on your future life and learn how to be happy again without him. You were once a single and happy without him , all you needed to do is to remember and believe on it. You've got your family and friends in the Philippines, talk to them and don't feel ashamed about your situation. If only I can extend my all ears to you I would have done that. Cheer up girl!

Great words of encouragement! But the OP has a happy family and life back in the philippines, what's the need trying to stay where she can barely find warmth and happiness? She will have a lot of stress trying to settle and to cope with the high standard of living here all by herself. It will take an unknown amount of years to really find her feet plus feeling lonely for the most part here. Since her instinct told her to go back home, she should follow through. Edited by onye uwaoma

Timeline

Great words of encouragement! But the OP has a happy family and life back in the philippines, what's the need trying to stay where she can barely find warmth and happiness? She will have a lot of stress trying to settle and to cope with the high standard of living here all by herself. It will take an unknown amount of years to really find her feet plus feeling lonely for the most part here. Since her instinct told her to go back home, she should follow through.

That was just an option if she could overcome her depression about the facts that she has. I would say sometimes if we are really down and depressed we used to just wanted to be with the person/s whom we trusted."usually parents" but at the end of the day, she still needs to realize that she still has life to continue on. If going home is still her desire of course she knows the best for her life. Don't get me wrong about this coz' going home is still the best for times like this since her family and friends are in the Philippines.

It's just that sometimes the best way to forget or at least not remember a person constantly is living to a different place if that still makes her sane intact and able to manage her life. But if sadness almost consuming her then definitely going home is the best. I hope that made it all clear for her.

"And yes I'm a bit can relate with her situation been there but in a different situation and I don't expect her that we will be having same way of moving on"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think the only person that can actually answer your question about staying or going is you. I also think if you decide you want to "try it out here" you should be doing it for your own benefit, not just to "show him". He is nothing, he is lower than scum on the bottom of a pond, you have no need to "show him" anything. He obviously is driven by what is between his legs not what is between his ears.

Make your decision about staying or going because of what you want not because of some kind of revenge. Personally I would stay and see what it is like to actually live your own life here, get your GC situation all sorted out so that you have options in both countries. If it turns out that you don't want to stay here after trying for a while then go home to your family. If the only reason you came here was to have your life with him and not because of other opportunities this country can provide, then I would pack my bags flip him the bird as I walked out the door.

Good luck, I hope you find your happy place again and I hope his manhood falls off!

Edited by uniquelyJo

Filed: Timeline
I did not come to US to have this kind of life. I better go back to the Philippines, at least I am happy there.

Life is too short to spend being miserable.

You don't have to be married to be happy. Just be happy with someone you love and someone who loves you.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Timeline

I think the only person that can actually answer your question about staying or going is you. I also think if you decide you want to "try it out here" you should be doing it for your own benefit, not just to "show him". He is nothing, he is lower than scum on the bottom of a pond, you have no need to "show him" anything. He obviously is driven by what is between his legs not what is between his ears.

Make your decision about staying or going because of what you want not because of some kind of revenge. Personally I would stay and see what it is like to actually live your own life here, get your GC situation all sorted out so that you have options in both countries. If it turns out that you don't want to stay here after trying for a while then go home to your family. If the only reason you came here was to have your life with him and not because of other opportunities this country can provide, then I would pack my bags flip him the bird as I walked out the door.

Good luck, I hope you find your happy place again and I hope his manhood falls off!

Totally agreed to you!

During this time of depression, our judgement are easily clouded with mix feelings. And never been easy to accept facts that we hardly imagined that may happen. I hope at the end of the day she may still find her way of controlling her life back again.

If he just filed for divorce, instead of petitioning here , I am sure you will be equally if not heavenly upset.

Of course I would be upset. Who wouldn't be? But at least I wouldn't be given false hopes of a chance at making the marriage work and I wouldn't have left a loving family behind. Saying it wont work and then filing a petition would mess with anyone's head, specially to a woman who loves her husband so deeply. You're right that divorce is there for a reason and reality is that love doesn't last forever. Still, he should've divorced her before seeing other women.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.