24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Raven52, well aware that it is a tough embassy. That is why I printed all chats. But I will be thinning it out now that I've received advice from someone who went through that embassy. No, we don't have intermingled accounts but we are in the process of doing that now before we file his petition. Life and car insurance I will make for us here and he is adding me to his bank account there in Nigeria granting they will allow it without me being there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@OP

Try to choose few dates each month and try to limit it. You can start from the moment you started communicating but select some conversations. "Try to choose more relavant conversation if you can" try to take 2-3 days worth of day by day conversation each month but no need to put all the conversations just to show how you both are in love "because in reality they will not be reading everything or bother to know your whole story"

Select few worth of chats with dates, call logs "if you can supply enough long hours those are enough, but no need to show everything" What matters is you can supply enough proof for them to look at Beginning to recent and constant communication.

What I did is I selected like 3days worth consecutive days every month with the longer hours. "although not worth the whole day of time conversation" just enough to show them that we normally talk this long hours.

Many people say chat logs are low quailty evidence because they can be faked. However, it seems like I read that your embassy likes extensive chat logs...I am not sure where I read that but I was surprised when I read it. Seems like somebody felt like they were denied because of something in the chat logs....anyway , I cannot say for sure.

Personally, I just wrote a short summary of our relationship and included a screen shot showing how many messages there were to download. I also included a wide variety of evidence with none of it being excessive.

In the end, what evidence you send is up to you. Send what you think proves your relationship is real. No one else can make that decision for you. Some people have only sent in their marriage certificate and gotten through without a problem.

I encourage you to have a clean, well-organized petition free from error that is two-whole punched at the top bound with an ACCO binder. Be sure to follow the directions exactly!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

NLR, no I don't have a copy from that apartment from 5 years ago. I would not know where to begin finding it. And as for who I paid, I paid my landlord who was owner when I leased the place and he sold it while I was still living there.

Yes, have met and married

The real issue

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Raven52, well aware that it is a tough embassy. That is why I printed all chats. But I will be thinning it out now that I've received advice from someone who went through that embassy. No, we don't have intermingled accounts but we are in the process of doing that now before we file his petition. Life and car insurance I will make for us here and he is adding me to his bank account there in Nigeria granting they will allow it without me being there.

Well that is certainy alot of evidence. I will tell you what I included in my petition...Affidavits letters from spouse and I and 3 very close family members and friends, over 130 photos (which I thinned from over several hundred) ranging from time we first met through wedding, including snaps of us Skyping which i especially love bc of our silly faces, Itinerary and boarding passes of all trips I have made to Nigera, receipts with gps mapping from the Uber car services we used for our several outings, ticket stubs for movies we have watched, calling card history from day I returned from my first visit to Nigeria through date the package was mailed, which shows we spoke nearly every single day for several hours at a time(about 14 pages long), Whatsapp Chat history for every month since we first began chatting online ( was not very extensive only printed maybe 1-2 hours of texting for each month, not more than 3 pages each month), wanted to include our hotel bill for our stay and wedding reception which my husband left in the room :ranting: . I understand the need to be thourough, trust me we are all well aware of the reputation Nigeria has so I wanted to send things that mattered to us both that showed the journey we took from strangers to friends to lovers to husband and wife. So my advice is send what you feel is important to you both to convey the true nature of your relationship, dont just fill with fluff. Also I may add My husband and I had a bit of a hard time attempting to add me to his current account as the First Bank would not allow me to be added as a joint owner nor simply a signatory without a Nigerian Resident Card, which in its own was somewhat of a hassle to try to obtain. Then here in the States my banks wouldnt allow a joint owner to be added by proxy. So comingling of funds is a tough one... I decided to send my packet with as much evidence as I could provide and if the financial ties present a problem I will write a detailed letter explaining our shortcoming in this area. Well best of luck to you!

Timeline

My husband called a friend who works at his bank and it can be done. He will be going in tomorrow. To each is own. Best of luck to you too.

I meant who do you pay NOW or do you not live there anymore. If you don't live there, guesstimate as suggested. If it was more than 5 years ago, don't worry about it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I pay no one. I moved back home with my parents and help them out. And it was just at the 5 year mark or else I sure wouldn't worry about it. Thanks. I'll do my best guesstimation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.