D&J<3

The processing time difference between Texas and California is killing me....

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Sorry to hear all your frustrations with the waiting times ,it is a very frustrating process.Our papers were stuck at USCIS for almost 1 year. The next is NVC and we waited another year for that. Just had case complete the other day. Good Luck !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg I understand!!!! My NOA1 was October 1st. I sat at Texas until approval at Texas on April 21st. It was the longest 203 days of my life!!!!! 8 trips later to Jamaica and a whole lot of frustration his petition has finally reached Kingston Jamaica and he will be able to schedule his interview this week. It will happen and there really isn't anything we can do but wait!!! It sucks and I agree ur life is on hold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg I understand!!!! My NOA1 was October 1st. I sat at Texas until approval at Texas on April 21st. It was the longest 203 days of my life!!!!! 8 trips later to Jamaica and a whole lot of frustration his petition has finally reached Kingston Jamaica and he will be able to schedule his interview this week. It will happen and there really isn't anything we can do but wait!!! It sucks and I agree ur life is on hold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I just pretend CSC doesn't exist! I went through several stages of grief, anger, etc. especially around the 3 month mark, but from there I've calmed down and accepted it and I'm just grateful to have the chance to bring my man here. Heck, we never would've known what's happening with CSC without this site (though I still love it), so taking a break from VJ may help. And never under any circumstances open a CSC post or pretty much anything not labeled TSC that doesn't have a specific question in the title. Just my two cents.

I just pretend CSC doesn't exist! I went through several stages of grief, anger, etc. especially around the 3 month mark, but from there I've calmed down and accepted it and I'm just grateful to have the chance to bring my man here. Heck, we never would've known what's happening with CSC without this site (though I still love it), so taking a break from VJ may help. And never under any circumstances open a CSC post or pretty much anything not labeled TSC that doesn't have a specific question in the title. Just my two cents.

Exactly. Focusing on things you can't control like CSC approval speed will just make you upset, so why pay attention to it? It is unfair but that's how it is. Sometimes TSC is faster than CSC, sometimes the other way around. Like I keep saying to others, KEEP LIVING YOUR LIFE. Go out, focus on work, stop checking USCIS every hour. You still have family and friends you are leaving behind. How about focusing on them for now and making the most out of your remaining time in your country since you won't see them for a while when you get to the States?

Timeline

Exactly. Focusing on things you can't control like CSC approval speed will just make you upset, so why pay attention to it? It is unfair but that's how it is. Sometimes TSC is faster than CSC, sometimes the other way around. Like I keep saying to others, KEEP LIVING YOUR LIFE. Go out, focus on work, stop checking USCIS every hour. You still have family and friends you are leaving behind. How about focusing on them for now and making the most out of your remaining time in your country since you won't see them for a while when you get to the States?

Yes! I'm the USC, but my fiance seems to be doing exactly this in his country and he's been doing relatively well. And I sometimes pretend like I'm not waiting for it or we never applied, but rather that seeing him is just around the corner and we're just tying up loose ends on both our parts for the time being. I know it's a lot of pretending, but I think this whole thing is mind over matter. It sucks, but there are a lot of things in the world that suck more.

Yes! I'm the USC, but my fiance seems to be doing exactly this in his country and he's been doing relatively well. And I sometimes pretend like I'm not waiting for it or we never applied, but rather that seeing him is just around the corner and we're just tying up loose ends on both our parts for the time being. I know it's a lot of pretending, but I think this whole thing is mind over matter. It sucks, but there are a lot of things in the world that suck more.

I'm glad that the whole process hasn't turned you and your fiance insane. I also reached a point where my whole life evolved around waiting for the visa and it started taking a toll on my relationship with my husband (then fiance). I got moody from the frustration until he told me that I need to detach myself from the whole process and continue on living "like we never applied". There was a time that people who applied after me got approved in just 18 days (or even less) and I have been waiting months. So I totally get the feeling of being treated unfairly. The only way to come out of this whole thing sane is to stop fussing about things you can't control.

Edited by iammrsregie

Timeline

I'm glad that the whole process hasn't turned you and your fiance insane. I also reached a point where my whole life evolved around waiting for the visa and it started taking a toll on my relationship with my husband (then fiance). I got moody from the frustration until he told me that I need to detach myself from the whole process and continue on living "like we never applied". There was a time that people who applied after me got approved in just 18 days (or even less) and I have been waiting months. So I totally get the feeling of being treated unfairly. The only way to come out of this whole thing sane is to stop fussing on things you can't control.

That's great! It sounds like your husband gave you some fantastic advice. Thinking like that is what has changed my experience so far. At one point, I think I did go insane and it was affecting my relationship too (and my health!). I still have sad moments, but I try not to have sad days or weeks anymore and focus on what I can control, just like you said.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you to everyone who has replied. Clearly, there are many of us in the same boat, which is in a sense is very comforting. Oftentimes, we can feel like the only ones in the world going through this, when in reality there are hundreds or thousands of couples suffering just the same. I sincerely hope and pray we all are reunited with our fiancés very soon. Thankfully, this will all be behind us one day and we can simply enjoy our lives with our future spouses. <3

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm so angry too. Got my noa1 on March. It's really upsetting fo see April filer already got their noa2 in CSC.

Can't we do something ? Apply another petition on the change org website ? Please president Obama. Do something smart.

Really need to balance this out. I'm feel like walking dead everyday without my love.

Also feel stupid to follow the law. Heard some people just jump off the plane and get married file green card after few months in the states with tourists visa. Or people use relative's address in California to get into CSC. They all don't need to be suffered from long distance and waiting. Also they make fun of people like me who doesnt dare to take the risks to get married with visiting visa. So ridiculous.

People who play the game by rules stucking in the waiting hell instead. Can't even buy a ticket or plan the waiting. Waiting day by day for almost one year or even longer than 1 year.

Really my anger is up to the top. Need to rant this out. Thank you for opening up this topic.

2015-03-13: I-129F Sent

2015-03-19: 1-129F Delivered to Dallas Texas Lockbox

2015-03-23: I-129F NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

***Thread back open, several posts that were argumentative or bickering in nature removed. Cease and desist with such posts or additional actions will be taken.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.