Jump to content

I-693 and AOS?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife has already had her physical done before coming to the US and has a CD along with the paperwork. Do we still need to fill out I-693? From what I've read, no. Also, can anyone point me in the direction to find the forms and where to send them for AOS?

Thanks in advance,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, we have DS-3025 filled out correctly so we won't need to fill out I-693. I'm now filling out I-485 (AOS)... Do I use her born last name or my last name as we are now married? Instructions are unclear.

What name has she been using since you married? If she is going to take your last name from now on, then you use her married name on all the AOS forms.

The name you use is the name her EAD/AP and green card will come with.

It will cost a lot to change the green card later, so you really want to put the name she is going by since you married.

Not all states have a place to put the new married name on the marriage certificate. A lot of states just show the husband's name and the wife's name at the time you received the marriage license. The marriage certificate acts as legal proof of name change when the wife is taking the husband's name after marriage.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

~Moved from K1 Progress to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS-associated process, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.