Fiji Indian

Why I joined this site and how you can help me.

130 posts in this topic

Not only could his Mother file, she did file.

Officially confused now. I thought that the dad isn't a USC because the mom couldn't file for him?

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A USC? That takes a long time, PR first.

She filed for him when they naturalised, he was in custody at that time.

Gone through the waiver process, appealed, reached the 9th Circuit, failed there as well and now in custody awaiting deportation.

Seperately there seems two asylum claims that have also failed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I will no longer post on here, until it's furthur needed.

No reason for anyone else to post here until the OP returns.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

The reason why people keep bringing up your PTSD and getting a job to support your family is because your father's chances of not being deported are slim to none and we just think it's time to pull it together and do what is needed to be done. I totally get that you feel awful about what is happening, but you gotta stay focused and help your mother too. Especially if there will be more legal fees.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

And how do you suppose a prospective employer will find out if you don't tell them? Are the PTSD gnomes going to send them secret coded messages?

C'mon guys. He is looking for help. Being nice is not that hard. You all know a lot more than me about immigration and I read the forum everyday like people do with newspapers. I am just saying that he is dealing with a lot of stuff right now to read this kind of comments. Be honest, but also nice.

I think that people keep mentioning that you could get a job, not because they're telling you what the solution to your problem is, but because you are going to have to prove "extreme hardship" to get the waiver. What you're describing isn't "extreme hardship" because you DO have options---and one of them is for you to get a job. You may not like the job, it may keep you from your family etc, but that's not "extreme hardship" that's being dissatisfied with your current employment and lifestyle which is something that many, many people are. People here are telling you how it's going to look to the decision makers, and I'm inclined to agree. It doesn't mean you can't try, or shouldn't try. But that this approach does not seem to be a winning one.

As for " How can you say someone has been here illegally, when they have always been truthful about their immigration status and have seeked legal help." Because, I'm sorry to say, he IS here illegally and that is why he's having problems. He had a visitor's visa, and he stayed longer than that visa allowed. That is the literal definition of being in a country illegally, and is how the majority of illegal immigrants are here. Yes he tried to get help to avoid that happening, but that help failed. Yes, he's always been honest about it and has been trying to legalize his status, but that still doesn't mean that he is here legally. In fact, if someone is working to become legal, logic shows that they are actually not legal.

So yes,you can try to prove extreme hardship, and you should try. But it sounds like the reasons you're giving aren't going to work. He doesn't have a life to go to in Fiji-- yep, that's a "normal hardship"--most deportees don't have lives to go back to either. You depend on him for money-- yep, "normal" as well. Just about every adult has people depending on them for either money or support (such as childcare/elder care etc). It's especially thin because your household has a third adult--you-- who *could* get a job to support the family. That's something that a lot of deportee's families don't have. I'm not trying to be harsh, and I don't think anyone else is either. Just letting you know how it's going to present to the decision makers.

+1

Awesome advice.

Timeline

I have a lot of sympathy for the OP, he has been sucked in to talking about hardships. None of which is relevant.

His Mother is the Qualifying Realtive, not him to start with. His hardships can be included. There is more than enough for any half competent Lawyer to work with.

The issue is his Fathers criminal history.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Eric & Idalia, you seem to understand how I feel.

I just had to leave on a last (for now) note:

My Mom and I are US Citizens. The first thing that my Mom did was try to sponsor my Dad while he was in jail. It didn't work out.

For those who are saying get a job. I do have a job. I just don't have a permanent job, where I can expect to be needed tomorrow or the next day, or the day after so forth, or a job where I get full benefits and can file taxes and stuff. I have completely been honest about my PTSD and Depression, and I never got any calls back regarding my applications. I've even applied to McDonald's. I don't even get paid the minimum $9 wage in California. I get $7 an hour. I do not see the need to hide my "personal demons" from my employer(s), because I don't want it to effect me in future. All in all, I am currently making $336+ a week. Working 6 days a week, sometimes here, sometimes there, but that is what people are willing to pay me. Sure if I could not tell my employers about my Depression, then maybe I would get much more and benefits and a better job then cleaning other people's messes.

And whoever said "I work 40 hours a week" well, my Mom works 40 hours a week, and makes $360 a week, $18,720 a year MINUS the expenses. She is a CNA, her weekends are spent doing paperworks at home and now chasing after our lawyer. She has to wipe people's butt that cannot wipe themselves. My Sunday's are spent looking for someone who is willing to pay me atleast $5 to clean their yard. If not, then I spend my Sunday researching about better career; Police Officer, Therapist for Children, CNA, managing a Poultry Farm etc.... So you see I don't just sit here and talk about how difficult life is, I know and am living through the difficulties. Comparing your situation with mine, or my mother's, or mine with yours, does not matter at all. Each indivitual have different needs and struggles in life. Sure lets say everyone one of us who commented on this thread have PTSD and depression, but that doesn't mean my (or yours) is comparable.

Now if I may be excused, I am reading success stories on here about i212 & i601. Talking about what I do or should do as a living is not why I joined or created this thread. This has easily went off topic. I'll repeat myself ones again, I'm here to find out what are the possible paperworks need to be filled out from what I've shared so far, which I think (unoffically) would be i212 & i601.

Edited by Fiji Indian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you won't have much luck in this case, there are millions of illegals that obey all the laws. It is odd that they are deporting him, and very odd to get 4 years for domestic violence. Our system has a lot of flaws, but unfortunately deporting someone who is illegal and breaks the law is not one of them.

Timeline

Now if I may be excused, I am reading success stories on here about i212 & i601. Talking about what I do or should do as a living is not why I joined or created this thread. This has easily went off topic. I'll repeat myself ones again, I'm here to find out what are the possible paperworks need to be filled out from what I've shared so far, which I think (unoffically) would be i212 & i601.

I 212 relates to his deportation so sounds like you have given up trying to stop it and want to see if you can bring him back.

The bigger issue will be the I 601, addressing the criminal histiry that is getting him deported.

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

You said earlier that you have a lawyer. It is probably best if you work with him. The case went through immigration court, the BIA, and the 9th circuit. Obviously there is a final deportation order in place so nothing is going to happen unless the case is reopened by the immigration court- at least not while your father is in the US. They are holding him without bond so it appears that they aren't interested in working with you. You could apply for a stay of removal with ICE, but again, if they were hot enough for him to go out and arrest him right after the 9th circuit ruled- then they probably wont grant a stay. It sounds like your father committed an aggravated felony ( a crime of violence for which a sentence of 1 year or more was given). He could still be eligible for a waiver in court- but not until the court reopens his case. At any rate it sounds like you should work with the lawyer. You said earlier that he had charged you 5,000.00 which is incredibly cheap to litigate a case in the Circuit Court in addition to all the preliminary immigration court work. He is working for next to nothing and you should probably trust him over people who don't know all the facts of your case.

Edited by southcoast

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.