VOL

Rolex Watch - Class A - Where best place to purchase

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The airport cab dispatcher tried to rip me off for the cab ride to the hotel when i met my fiance. He got told off american style lol. 2800 pesos for a 200 peso ride

Yea, the taxi drivers are bad there. I have seen many a pinay get ripped off also. Bad part they are too scared or shy to tell them to pack sand, they just pay them........

Yea, the taxi drivers are bad there. I have seen many a pinay get ripped off also. Bad part they are too scared or shy to tell them to pack sand, they just pay them........

This happened to me before. I just gave him what I thought was a fair amount. Those taxi drivers that charge so much at the airport needs to be removed. Theres no better way to start off your visit to the Philippines like getting ripped off as soon as you leave the airport. Its more fun in the Philippines :lol:

Lol first time f visited cabbie asked for $40. Lol gave 2 $20 bills which had blue ink pen writings on it. Goodluck to him exchanging it for pesos. (Yeah, idk why but people here sometimes dont accept bills with ink writings on it lol)

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This happened to me before. I just gave him what I thought was a fair amount. Those taxi drivers that charge so much at the airport needs to be removed. Theres no better way to start off your visit to the Philippines like getting ripped off as soon as you leave the airport. Its more fun in the Philippines :lol:

After a couple trips I finally wised up to the cab drivers there. I was there couple years ago in Manila area just hanging out and was staying at Eurotel off Pedro Gil right in front of Robinson Mall. I would catch a taxi at night to Cowboy Grill in Ermita. It was probably 5 minute walk and ran about 52 peso on average, Flag drop was 40 peso if I remember correct. I spent 10 days there and went to Cowboy Grill almost every night, I would get in a Taxi and once he got went over 60 peso I figured he had went the longest out of way I would just tell him to stop and I would get out and tell him to pack sand. I would say about 30% of the taxi drivers there are scammers, and the one in the airort are almost all scammers....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.