dza

k1 pending and visitor visa (help)

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I agree that we're all here for help and to share our stories. Though I don't believe the feedback here wasn't 'negative'. But it WAS realistic and logical. It's not about disagreeing. Sugar coating things and giving false hope to people does not help, though. Encouragement, yes, but not a false hope. No one said she COULDNT do it. They just informed her of what could happen, as this site is also for. We all know what it's like to be desperate to be with our fiance(e)s. Our lawyers told us they didn't recommend my fiancé visiting (on VWP) because he could get rejected in the airport. We waited months and then finally decided to do it, and we were incredibly happy that he made it through. So of course it's a gamble, but it depends on if you're willing to sacrifice time, money, and possible heartache to do it. OP sounds like she is, so I don't discourage it. Just want to make sure she's prepared for anything, and it sounds like she is now! :)

OP- please post your experience afterwards to offer advice to others going through the same thing as you! And I hope everything works out either way! :)

I agree with you. I did not use a lawyer or I am sure I would had been told the same as you. And I never have told her she is going to get one. I said the odds are low. I just wanted her to know it is possible and will not effect her K1 visa:) And I never gave a false hope to her. I just said you do have hope. Just don't have your hopes up to high. And thanks for your positive opinion:)

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I agree with you. I did not use a lawyer or I am sure I would had been told the same as you. And I never have told her she is going to get one. I said the odds are low. I just wanted her to know it is possible and will not effect her K1 visa:) And I never gave a false hope to her. I just said you do have hope. Just don't have your hopes up to high. And thanks for your positive opinion:)

:thumbs:

Side note on the lawyers: In my experience, (good) lawyers don't want to recommend their clients do something that is high risk. (Like the OP said, her lawyer recommended against it). I know my lawyers were looking out for our best interest in recommending we don't do it because they knew the possibility of him getting rejected, and they wanted to see us have a safe/good outcome with no issues. When we had told them of the success stories we read and our confidence that he would get through, they were, of course, still reluctant to encourage it, but were happy when he got through! :)

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:thumbs:

Side note on the lawyers: In my experience, (good) lawyers don't want to recommend their clients do something that is high risk. (Like the OP said, her lawyer recommended against it). I know my lawyers were looking out for our best interest in recommending we don't do it because they knew the possibility of him getting rejected, and they wanted to see us have a safe/good outcome with no issues. When we had told them of the success stories we read and our confidence that he would get through, they were, of course, still reluctant to encourage it, but were happy when he got through! :)

So happy to hear all went well. It was 100% worth for us as well. I love hearing about all these happy stories. Plenty of not so happy one's all over also. I will be following you and so sorry you had to go through TCS. I would gladly trade with any of them that had to wait so long when it was just luck for me to get CSC. I feel the pain from the TCS watching and seeing one's like me fly right threw so fast. :)

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

OP, All of us are supportive in our own ways.

Some of us try to steer you away from further heartaches since you sounded so distraught on your initial post.

Others show their support by showing you it is possible.

What you can take from this is that you have to be prepared emotionally and mentally. You are going into this knowing right off the bat that your chances are low. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Luckily for you, "the worst" isn't all that bad. You have nothing to lose by trying for the tourist visa. It doesn't even affect the K1 application.

We all wish you luck. I sincerely hope you get it. Keep us updated ok? :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So happy to hear all went well. It was 100% worth for us as well. I love hearing about all these happy stories. Plenty of not so happy one's all over also. I will be following you and so sorry you had to go through TCS. I would gladly trade with any of them that had to wait so long when it was just luck for me to get CSC. I feel the pain from the TCS watching and seeing one's like me fly right threw so fast. :)

Aw, thank you! This part is almost over for us, so we're just happy about that! The TSC waiting game certainly isn't fun, which is why I totally understand the OP's desire to pursue a tourist visa right now, but I realized in the long run that, though 6-9 months don't go by as quickly as we'd like, they're such a short amount of time considering the lifetime we get to spend together afterwards.

That's why even IF OP doesn't get the tourist visa, she will hopefully not have too much waiting left to do before she gets to be with her fiance for good. It's definitely rough waiting, but it's over before you know it :)

OP, All of us are supportive in our own ways.

Some of us try to steer you away from further heartaches since you sounded so distraught on your initial post.

Others show their support by showing you it is possible.

What you can take from this is that you have to be prepared emotionally and mentally. You are going into this knowing right off the bat that your chances are low. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Luckily for you, "the worst" isn't all that bad. You have nothing to lose by trying for the tourist visa. It doesn't even affect the K1 application.

We all wish you luck. I sincerely hope you get it. Keep us updated ok? :)

Well said, iammrsregie!! :)

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.