dza

k1 pending and visitor visa (help)

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee is in a QQ group thats named "Chinese woman in USA". They told her how stupid she was for doing this. That is impossible. I even thought it could harm the K1 or both. We might have had 100 to 1 odds, but her interview was simple and easy. And she told them at the embassy, what couple that is about to get married does not want to be together when ever possible.

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My fiancee is in a QQ group thats named "Chinese woman in USA". They told her how stupid she was for doing this. That is impossible. I even thought it could harm the K1 or both. We might have had 100 to 1 odds, but her interview was simple and easy. And she told them at the embassy, what couple that is about to get married does not want to be together when ever possible.

You have also said she has been in the US before. OP has never been in the US, which could also be a factor.

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP only wanted to know if others had done it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes. My fiancee visitor visa was going to expire April 15. So in the start of April she did the DS-160 online. All this gave hope. Hope is very powerful. Even tho everyone (me included) told her no. Once I heard that all these lady's in her so call support group told her she was out of her her. I was 100% in with it. Yes, the odd's are very low. But it gave us both more hope. And we had so much fun

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Timeline

I was scared to ask this same thing on here. I searched all over the internet and could not find any info on this. My fiancee and I did it. And she is a divorced single mom in China. Everyone told her she had no chance. Click on the photo icon here. That was last week at my place in South Dakota.

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Giving hope is as cool as setting realistic expectations. She said she wanted to hear opinions so it was given to her. People said its a slim chance but doesn't hurt to go for it anyway. She said money is not an issue, so go for it then. Keep us updated will ya? :)

Timeline

She wanted opinions and people that have done it. She got both :) And I agree that the chances are slim. But if money is ok. Why not? My fiancee called the embassy in Guangzhou and was told they would not conflicted with each other. That as soon as K1 was issued that the visitor visa would be cancelled

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Timeline

And she said this, I copied and pasted her words to get them right. "i need truly to hear positive experiences about people took this visa while they are in progress for k1 visa

i need a light for that“

My fiancee got this visa while in the process of the K1. I am talking with my fiancee now via text. She laughed when I told her about this post and asked if this lady is from China also.

I did not use a lawyer so I don't know what the odds are. But I searched the internet on this and could find nothing. WE DID IT

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And she said this, I copied and pasted her words to get them right. "i need truly to hear positive experiences about people took this visa while they are in progress for k1 visa

i need a light for that“

My fiancee got this visa while in the process of the K1. I am talking with my fiancee now via text. She laughed when I told her about this post and asked if this lady is from China also.

I did not use a lawyer so I don't know what the odds are. But I searched the internet on this and could find nothing. WE DID IT

If she had already visited the U.S. in the past like someone else mentioned, this isn't even a fair comparison. If she got it with never traveling before outside her country, that's pretty impressive. I think 1 in 100 odds are not even close, maybe 1 in 1000. There's lots of other factors that can help too, having a million in a bank account certainly would change your odds greatly.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i need a light for that“

The O P did ask for others positive experiences and your fiancée had one. The problem is the Egyptian connection which can be very different than China.

I doubt in this case this female will be granted a B 2 visa. The pending K 1 is enough but Egypt is always very difficult for these B 2s. The only way to know is to pay the fee especially since money isn't a problem.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tourist visa applications ask for purpose of visit, intended duration of visit, and how you would pay for that visit.

No one can tell you, all that's between you and your fiance; just answer honestly and let the embassy decide.

Does Egyptian culture permit an unmarried female to travel alone?

thanks so much for your info

and it depends on family not culture

some not and some yes it depends on trust and my family knows very well my fiance

Timeline

thanks so much for sharing this

that means yes, i can do it, the try will not harm me, and i would be honest completely in my interview and i think that will help my case

Timeline

I was scared to ask this same thing on here. I searched all over the internet and could not find any info on this. My fiancee and I did it. And she is a divorced single mom in China. Everyone told her she had no chance. Click on the photo icon here. That was last week at my place in South Dakota.

yessss i NEED hope

we all k1 filler need hope

even if we can rush and speed our times with thinking of something else to make us closer to the ones we love

the idea of thinking of something that will make me spend time with him sooner than i receive my noa2 gave me and him hope and made us happy

its 50% that i could have it

but i will do all i can to be with him and he is too

never lose hope

nothing is impossible

the word itself says IM Possible :)

Timeline

The O P did ask for others positive experiences and your fiancée had one. The problem is the Egyptian connection which can be very different than China.

I doubt in this case this female will be granted a B 2 visa. The pending K 1 is enough but Egypt is always very difficult for these B 2s. The only way to know is to pay the fee especially since money isn't a problem.

ning, maybe it is difficult and hard to have the b2 visa , but will not harm me as l long as i am completely honest with him

and i think it is more difficult with male then female, so they think more he will escape and coming back to Egypt

if i want to i wont start legally from the beginning

Timeline

I got a B1/B2/BCC renewal 2 months along the IR1 visa. I did state in my renewal application that I would NOT seek AOS upon entry and I would only use the visa for business and tourism purposes. I had to disclose also my relationship to a USC and the details of the petition (i130 receipt number, etc.). I was fingerprinted, my expired visa retained and they told me I would hear about them in 3 weeks. I was put on AP for 5 days, then visa was issued with no consular interview.

As mentioned by others before, application needs to be based solely on your circumstances and mentioning he would be sponsoring is not a positive factor.

You need to have significant ties to go back to your country of origin. Land, work, family, job, etc. The more of those ties you have the higher your chances.

All the best,

UnaMexicana

thanks so much for sharing you experience

now i will go with making him my sponser, and i have family here all of them and have work, i hope that would be enough ties for them , plus i have pending k1 visa i would need to go back for the medical and the interview, i am in that process legally from the beginning , i would do whatever it takes and speak honestly

do u think that could be enough

i never had visa for usa

it is the first time to apply for b2 visa and i would be the happiest person if i can have it so i can get the chance to be with him and to break the waiting time and to know personally his family as he know mine, he visited me twice and have sooooo many pics with me and my family

i pray that would work with me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.