dza

k1 pending and visitor visa (help)

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got a B1/B2/BCC renewal 2 months along the IR1 visa. I did state in my renewal application that I would NOT seek AOS upon entry and I would only use the visa for business and tourism purposes. I had to disclose also my relationship to a USC and the details of the petition (i130 receipt number, etc.). I was fingerprinted, my expired visa retained and they told me I would hear about them in 3 weeks. I was put on AP for 5 days, then visa was issued with no consular interview.

As mentioned by others before, application needs to be based solely on your circumstances and mentioning he would be sponsoring is not a positive factor.

You need to have significant ties to go back to your country of origin. Land, work, family, job, etc. The more of those ties you have the higher your chances.

All the best,

UnaMexicana

hello vj
i am one of you here, unfortunately stuck in tsc and i neeeeeeed to be with my fiancee for a while to break the period of waiting
i am a February filler
i need you experiences and opinion about visitor visa
me and my fiancee willing to apply for visitor visa, i know it is not high for the approval, but we think it is worth to give it a try
i need truly to hear positive experiences about people took this visa while they are in progress for k1 visa
i need a light for that
i am working and i will have a hr letter that i am only in vacation and will return back home
do i truly have a chance to take it

i never been in us before, and i am Egyptian girl
waiting so much for your opinions and experiences if you have or heard about it
thanks so much for your time!

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tourist visa applications ask for purpose of visit, intended duration of visit, and how you would pay for that visit.

No one can tell you, all that's between you and your fiance; just answer honestly and let the embassy decide.

Does Egyptian culture permit an unmarried female to travel alone?

Whether or not a female travels alone is with the discretion of the family. Not through anyone else outside of the family. A female can travel alone if she desires. Some will simply carry with them a permission letter from a close male relative. Some families however won't allow it. It depends on your family unit. But its not a law.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So would a family agree to this, single daughter shacking up with fiancee?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I believe her intent was marriage. Not "shacking up". She only wanted to come here to visit him prior too... and we are not here to judge her or her families moral beliefs or to find out if she is allowed by her family to travel alone. None of that was brought up in any of her questions.

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Whether or not a female travels alone is with the discretion of the family. Not through anyone else outside of the family. A female can travel alone if she desires. Some will simply carry with them a permission letter from a close male relative. Some families however won't allow it. It depends on your family unit. But its not a law.

Yes, I am VERY aware of that; hence my query.

I certainly don't claim to know much about Egyptian culture or customs, but whether or not a single female can travel by herself to visit overseas friends or a male she's not officially related to (yet) will certainly be closely looked at by US consular officials in Cairo.

OP's family's discretion is none of my business, but my (and Boiler's) question is still valid from a very objective perspective.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

I do not see how her family's views on her visiting her fiance has to do with whether or not she would be approved for a visitors visa. That is up to the consultant. And using the word "shacking up" up was rather antagonistic.

Also, whether or not her family approves of her traveling alone has no basis on her getting a visitors visa or k1 or cr1 or whatever she decides to do in the future. Also approval of visa of that is at discretion of others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Credibility has a lot to do with visa application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You correctly stated that a particular family’s views do not necessarily matter.. but cultural and societal norms almost always factor in during these circumstances. A family may or may not approve a particular course of action by an individual, but cultural norms followed by the majority, in, for example.. Egypt or Morocco or India.. play a role in B2 adjudications in Cairo or Rabat or Delhi.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

This thread shouldn't delve into morality issues. DZAmaral’s query about her chances and longing to visit her fiancé got lost.

USCIS

NVC

Consular

POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I cannot speak for Egypt, but the US Embassy in Romania does approve tourist visas for K1 pending cases. I got a 10 year visa a few weeks before my K1 was approved, and I know at least 2 other people who were approved visitor visas while waiting for a decision on their K1.
I didnt want to waste money on a fee before I knew I had a shot, so I emailed the Embassy and asked if these two processes were somehow conflicting. They replied and said I could apply.
Yes, a K1 petition shows intent for immigration, but it also shows that you want to do things legally.

Maybe you should contact your Embassy and see what they have to say.

Edited by evapaula

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its a slim chance, due to the country you live in.

Also, you have K-1 pending, and asking for a visitor visa to the same country.,.,.,not likely to happen.

But, I see where one of our esteemed members posted, he has seen it happen.

Maybe you two could meet in another country.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I cannot speak for Egypt, but the US Embassy in Romania does approve tourist visas for K1 pending cases. I got a 10 year visa a few weeks before my K1 was approved, and I know at least 2 other people who were approved visitor visas while waiting for a decision on their K1.

I didnt want to waste money on a fee before I knew I had a shot, so I emailed the Embassy and asked if these two processes were somehow conflicting. They replied and said I could apply.

Yes, a K1 petition shows intent for immigration, but it also shows that you want to do things legally.

Maybe you should contact your Embassy and see what they have to say.

Romania is not a high fraud country, you are comparing apples to oranges. The chances of a single female from Egypt with no savings, no job, no property and no ties to her country with a pending K-1 are about zero.The embassy will simply tell her to apply and see what happens. No one is going to answer her over the phone or with an email. Until she has an interview there is no way to know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee just returned back to China over the weekend. She got her B1 visa at the end of last month, but she had been here before. We just wanted to get together and are K1 is about ready for interview. My fiancee does have, job, bank acct, daughter and owns land. The odds might not be so great but the worse that can happen is they say no.

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You already asked this in another forum, and you were told that there are pages in that forum explaining why you most likely wouldn't be issued a visitor visa.... You can't just go back and forth on which visas you want. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, though it's great that a few people have been able to do it. That doesn't mean it's likely or common.

Also, as an edit, it is incredibly hard to get a visitor visa without the added factor of you already showing intent to immigrate to the US. There are thousands of people away from their loved ones right now, just like you are. You aren't alone. But this is a temporary situation. If you even tried, by the time you're even issued the visa, you may already have your K1 approval, so it makes more sense to me to wait it out rather than spend the money on an application and fees and the high possibility of the disappointment of rejection.

-To the person above saying 'it shows intent to immigrate but it also shows wanting to do things legally', I don't think they always view it that way. You'd think that, but that doesn't mean the government will see it like that. People have talked about just coming while waiting on the K1 and getting married, abandoning the process. So they can't always just expect that you'll return to your country. Provided you show the right ties, MAYBE, but it's still slim, like others have said.

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.