Jump to content

Travelling to Russia with a Green Card

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So my Russian wife has been in the states for over a year and has her provisional green card. We recently travelled to Russia together to meet her folks and then I came back here to work while she stayed in Russia to take care of some real estate paperwork and generally chill with the family for another month. My question is this: Does she need any kind of paperwork or visa beyond her U.S. green card and her Russian Passport to get back to the United States with no issues? Slightly complicating the issue is that she took my last name so the names on the Passport and green card are slightly different (her maiden name is now her American middle name, so it should still be obvious what's going on). She also brought a copy of the marriage certificate just to link those documents just in case.

so I have looked some things up and seem to understand that for U.S. customs, they won't give her any trouble entering with just the Green Card. so first of all, is that right? but the issue i can see being more problematic is the Russian side of things being annoyed that there's not a visa or something. I'm guessing she'll get through just fine, but just want to know if anyone has had experience with this kind of travel and if she can expect any hassles.

Thanks in advance for any information

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Russian passport, green card, and marriage certificate was all we ever needed. No problems.

The governments are no problem, it's all about making the airlines confident you can enter without a problem.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.