We Keep Receipts

Black professor regrets comments critical of white students

58 posts in this topic

So bottom line is she should be fired but the professor should not be double standard

So bottom line is she should be fired but the professor should not be double standard

At this point, the professor might still be fired. But as Val pointed out, you speak as if we're on the same playing field. I think that any racial animosity when you deal with people is unacceptable, simply because you can't be objective when you have to deal with folks from all walks of life.

As for the principal, maybe if she claimed responsibility for what she said, she might have kept her job. But blaming it on Satan didn't help, nor did her son do her any favors...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075585/High-school-principal-apologizes-racist-outburst-graduation-ceremony-son-comes-defense-n-word-rant-Facebook.html

'If anyone has something to say about my mom and how she ran her graduation, come say it to my face...Yall n***** aren't talkin so if u got something to say come see me face to face,' Travis wrote.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

The Devil Made Me Do It -- always makes me think of Flip Wilson's Geraldine:

what-authority-does-satan-over-sinners-a

Note: I am not actually old enough to remember Flip Wilson. My parents had this album though and it made quite an impression on a very young Killary Maven.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

if anything the principal should be fired because she's straight up ignorant. she belongs in a church school for toddlers, that's just about the only place i can think of that's proper for an educator to use the devil as a scapegoat.

and the professor is a black sociology professor. she was speaking on her field of study, she was just too blunt - or passionate as she put it - to direct those comments to twitter. did you read the statement from the president of boston university? here again:

"I do not say this lightly or without a great deal of consultation and soul-searching," Brown's letter reads. "I understand there is a broader context to Dr. Grundy's tweets and that, as a scholar, she has the right to pursue her research, formulate her views, and challenge the rest of us to think differently about race relations. But we also must recognize that words have power and the words in her Twitter feed were powerful in the way they stereotyped and condemned other people."

if anything the principal should be fired because she's straight up ignorant. she belongs in a church school for toddlers, that's just about the only place i can think of that's proper for an educator to use the devil as a scapegoat.

and the professor is a black sociology professor. she was speaking on her field of study, she was just too blunt - or passionate as she put it - to direct those comments to twitter. did you read the statement from the president of boston university? here again:

This is quite true Val. She was speaking from what she perceived was an academic stand point since she is a black sociology professor. She should however learn to word things properly.

This is quite true Val. She was speaking from what she perceived was an academic stand point since she is a black sociology professor. She should however learn to word things properly.

That's the thing about racism. Even though we have every right to be upset, we can never convey that emotion, as you risk upsetting the majority.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

At this point, the professor might still be fired. But as Val pointed out, you speak as if we're on the same playing field. I think that any racial animosity when you deal with people is unacceptable, simply because you can't be objective when you have to deal with folks from all walks of life.

As for the principal, maybe if she claimed responsibility for what she said, she might have kept her job. But blaming it on Satan didn't help, nor did her son do her any favors...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075585/High-school-principal-apologizes-racist-outburst-graduation-ceremony-son-comes-defense-n-word-rant-Facebook.html

'If anyone has something to say about my mom and how she ran her graduation, come say it to my face...Yall n***** aren't talkin ###### so if u got something to say come see me face to face,' Travis wrote.

So basically it's ok for her cause she is black and you think the playing field is different. Man that's just messes up and racist as hades.

The Devil Made Me Do It -- always makes me think of Flip Wilson's Geraldine:

what-authority-does-satan-over-sinners-a

Note: I am not actually old enough to remember Flip Wilson. My parents had this album though and it made quite an impression on a very young Killary Maven.

No way you're old enough to remember that.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

So basically it's ok for her cause she is black and you think the playing field is different. Man that's just messes up and racist as hades.

Think? You posted a thread this morning that proves it is. And if you read mine and Janelle's comments, we even said she should have conveyed her message better.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

No way you're old enough to remember that.

Technically I was alive during the airing of the Flip Wilson Show. However, my memories from the cradle are vague, and I had not yet mastered differential calculus, unlike some toddlers. :mellow:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Think? You posted a thread this morning that proves it is. And if you read mine and Janelle's comments, we even said she should have conveyed her message better.

You know he has a reading problem.