We Keep Receipts

Black professor regrets comments critical of white students

58 posts in this topic

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-professor-regrets-comments-critical-of-white-students/ar-BBjGH7v

BOSTON — An incoming Boston University professor who called "white college males" a "problem population" and was publicly criticized by the university's president said on Tuesday she regrets making the remarks.

Black sociology professor Saida Grundy, who completed her doctorate at the University of Michigan last year, had declared on her now-private Twitter account that "white masculinity is THE problem for America's colleges."

In other recent tweets, she said, "Deal with your white (expletive), white people. slavery is a (asterisk)YALL(asterisk) thing," and "Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. And every year I find it nearly impossible."

Grundy on Tuesday said events in the United States over the past year have made "the inconvenient matter of race" an unavoidable topic, but she expressed remorse over what she had said.

"I regret that my personal passion about issues surrounding these events led me to speak about them indelicately," she said in a statement. "I deprived them of the nuance and complexity that such subjects always deserve."

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Of course it's white's that are the problem for colleges. Not many blacks go to college. :whistle:

Cue Marvin in 5, 4, 3, 2.........

Don't think cause I'm sitting here drinking Mau Tai's I won't cut you, just not today...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

If she had been white and speaking of blacks, she would have been fired on the spot.

If she had been white and speaking of blacks, she would have been fired on the spot.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/548233-georgia-prep-school-teacher-calls-out-black-people/

Looks like she still has her job.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-professor-regrets-comments-critical-of-white-students/ar-BBjGH7v

BOSTON An incoming Boston University professor who called "white college males" a "problem population" and was publicly criticized by the university's president said on Tuesday she regrets making the remarks.

Black sociology professor Saida Grundy, who completed her doctorate at the University of Michigan last year, had declared on her now-private Twitter account that "white masculinity is THE problem for America's colleges."

In other recent tweets, she said, "Deal with your white (expletive), white people. slavery is a (asterisk)YALL(asterisk) thing," and "Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. And every year I find it nearly impossible."

Grundy on Tuesday said events in the United States over the past year have made "the inconvenient matter of race" an unavoidable topic, but she expressed remorse over what she had said.

"I regret that my personal passion about issues surrounding these events led me to speak about them indelicately," she said in a statement. "I deprived them of the nuance and complexity that such subjects always deserve."

I am amazed at how stupid some people are. Clearly this person would be better fit working in a Fast Food place flipping burgers instead of trying to teach.

It seems like social media brings out the idiots.......

aw. poor fellas didn't get invited to the party :cry:

it's the need for nuance and need to speak about race 'delicately' that keeps race relations strained, imo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i wonder how many white males will be in her classes now?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i wonder how many white males will be in her classes now?

she teaches black sociology, i wonder how many there were to begin with?

Timeline

she teaches black sociology, i wonder how many there were to begin with?

i wonder what her boss thinks of her rant....

http://www.bu.edu/president/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

i don't really consider it a rant. it's speaking an unpopular opinion, publicly. people keep saying the black community needs to pull themselves up by the ol bootstraps but then feel threatened when they attempt to come together. why take it personally? hopefully her boss is smarter than that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sure she had two choices.

1.) Be forced to resign

2.) Make a public apology

This was a black eye for the university......

Timeline

i don't really consider it a rant. it's speaking an unpopular opinion, publicly. people keep saying the black community needs to pull themselves up by the ol bootstraps but then feel threatened when they attempt to come together. why take it personally? hopefully her boss is smarter than that.

interesting, a racist misandrist rant is now "..an unpopular opinion"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

interesting, a racist misandrist rant is now "..an unpopular opinion"

yeah, it's always interested me that some people can perceive the same comment as 'racist misandrist' while others perceive it as 'an unpopular opinion'. potato potato.