good_good

DV lottery - how to correct Spelling mistake in Last Name

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I also "won" my Greencard through the lottery and i had two errors in my application form, one was a missing middle name and the second error was that I accidentally mentioned my city of residence as my city of birth.

What I would recommend you is to write a email to KCC informing them about the errors in your original entry form.

I know KCC's main task is to schedule the interviews at the embassy, but they may flag your case to the the officer in the embassy sees that you were honest about your mistakes and that you did not had any fraudulent intent  Well, that's what I did. Other people may say it won't affect the officer's decision. 

During my interview at the embassy they did not even mentioned the errors. The interview took place in Frankfurt, Germany.

It depends on the embassy, I've heard in other embassies they are very strict about errors like that, for instance in Ghana.

49 minutes ago, Mani456 said:

Hi my Name is Mani Poureini And its write Exactly like this in my Passport . But My father passport is different . His Surname is Pour eini . With a space . so how i must write it in Dv 2019 form for sign up ?

much Obliged

It doesn't matter how your father's name is spelt in his passport, that has nothing to do with your entry. The instructions are clear that the entry needs to be the same as your passport. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 1 year later...

my name is Kere pride.  wanted to ask if the is an issue with me making a mistake with my order of names DV lottery application form. Instead of Kere pride It went the other way round like pride Kere .is the a possibility of correcting this mistake. What if I win and the order of names don't match that in my passport?  Am I disqualified? 

Edited by Kere pride

• 1 year later...

Hi dear,

I really need your help and advice on this. I appreciate any advice you may provide. My father won Dvlottery-2021 his information is correct on original entry but there are mistakes in the first names of derivatives they are my brother and sister ( his children ) instead of SUKHROBJON my brother was included as SUHROB and instead of LALYLOKHON my sister was included as LAYLOXON. 

1. Are these mistakes serious, can they cause a visa denial?

2. It is okay if we edit the names and correct it while filling ds-260?

3. Will the councilor who approves our visa have access to our original entry to match it with ds-260 or will they only have ds-260 provided by KCC?

Please advise me on this and show me a good solution.

Thank you in advance 

1 hour ago, Sardor said:

Hi dear,

I really need your help and advice on this. I appreciate any advice you may provide. My father won Dvlottery-2021 his information is correct on original entry but there are mistakes in the first names of derivatives they are my brother and sister ( his children ) instead of SUKHROBJON my brother was included as SUHROB and instead of LALYLOKHON my sister was included as LAYLOXON. 

1. Are these mistakes serious, can they cause a visa denial?

2. It is okay if we edit the names and correct it while filling ds-260?

3. Will the councilor who approves our visa have access to our original entry to match it with ds-260 or will they only have ds-260 provided by KCC?

Please advise me on this and show me a good solution.

Thank you in advance 

1. In general, mistakes in names may or many not be serious depending whose name they are and what country the applicant is from. From what you have written, it looks like the names are similar (a diminutive maybe, and a different spelling of the same thing) - this is quite common in some countries and then isn’t a problem. No one can say for certain one way or the other  but I think this is probably not a big problem.

2. Yes, correct them on the DS260. You may want to have your father list the different forms/spellings under the “known by other names” section of the DS260 for completeness.

3. The consular officer will have access to everything in your file - your initial entry form/photos, Ds260, documents you sent to KCC, any emails you have sent KCC, etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.