elmcitymaven

Allen West Thought He Was The Victim Of "Sharia Law" At Walmart

18 posts in this topic

Fox News contributor Allen West went to Walmart and thought he was the victim of "Sharia law" because a checkout clerk under the age of 21 couldn't sell him alcohol.

West, a former congressman and head of the think tank National Center for Policy Analysis, wrote a May 11 post originally headlined, "Sharia law comes to Walmart?" He recounted a weekend trip to Walmart, where a "Muslim employee" manning the cash register was unable to sell him alcohol. (West knew he was Muslim because, "being the inquisitive fella I am, I used my additional set of eyes -- glasses -- to see the young checkout man's name. Let me just say it was NOT 'Steve.'"):

There was a young man doing the checkout and another Walmart employee came over and put up a sign, "No alcohol products in this lane." So being the inquisitive fella I am, I used my additional set of eyes -- glasses -- to see the young checkout man's name. Let me just say it was NOT "Steve."

I pointed the sign out to Aubrey and her response was a simple question, how is it that this Muslim employee could refuse service to customers based on his religious beliefs, but Christians are being forced to participate in specific events contrary to their religious beliefs?

Boy howdy, that is one astute young lady.

Imagine that, this employee at Walmart refused to just scan a bottle or container of an alcoholic beverage -- and that is acceptable. A Christian business owner declines to participate or provide service to a specific event -- a gay wedding -- which contradicts their faith, and the State crushes them.

Following publication of West's "Sharia" post, West's website posted an "editor's update" explaining what actually happened:

EDITOR'S UPDATE: We spoke to the Walmart store, and apparently employees under 21 years old are prohibited from selling cigarettes and alcohol. However, that isn't to say Walmart isn't selectively caving to Muslim demands, such as this case regarding Halal meat in Ohio.

The post no longer has the headline, "Sharia law comes to Walmart?" and instead reads, "More ominous signs of Christian persecution." A screenshot of West's post prior to the editor's note, via Bing.com, can be found here.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/05/11/allen-west-thought-he-was-the-victim-of-sharia/203610

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh no I had sharia law at a liquor store in Texas that wouldn't let me but alcohol because I didn't have 'acceptable' id! I'm so glad this guy has told me that's what it was!

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Buy, not but

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

That's just too funny... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The majority of counties in KY, Including the one I live in, are dry counties. No alcohol allowed. Fortunately for me, the city I live in decided they didn't believe in being "that" christian and let the booze flow. Good thing christian's don't force their laws down our throats.

Filed: Timeline

As America veers towards Islamic Sharia law in order to cater to the demanding minority of Muslims, citizens are seeing not only an attempt to include and appease Muslims, but an infringement upon the rights of the majority.

With such a vocal group as that of Islam in the U.S., major corporations are making a shift toward including the brutal slaughter that is halal, and the newest addition to the list of Muhammad-approved businesses is the largest superstore yet.

The Miami Student reports that Wal-Mart has taken the leap into dangerous waters, approving the provision of halal meats.

With a petition, Oxford assistant professor Tareq Hasan Khan and the Muslim Student Association (MSA) of Miami University has pressured Wal-Mart into providing meats that have been slaughtered in a manner acceptable by halal standards, as per the Quran.

http://www.youngcons.com/walmart-bows-to-sharia-law-makes-huge-and-terrible-change-to-their-meat-for-muslims/

I wonder: When are the youngcons going to lament the offering of Kosher products at Walmart?

The majority of counties in KY, Including the one I live in, are dry counties. No alcohol allowed. Fortunately for me, the city I live in decided they didn't believe in being "that" christian and let the booze flow. Good thing christian's don't force their laws down our throats.

i do recall, back in the day, no alcohol (beer wine liquor) could be sold in the state of virginia on sundays. because that's when everyone is supposed to be at the mosque.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i do recall, back in the day, no alcohol (beer wine liquor) could be sold in the state of virginia on sundays. because that's when everyone is supposed to be at the mosque.

That was the law here, except in restaurants, until about a year about. Now we're all going to hell.

Why do you blame Christians? You obviously live in a county that has already fallen to Sharia law. Don't blame Christians for that.

That was the law here, except in restaurants, until about a year about. Now we're all going to hell.

recently, certain unsharia'd (but still a little bit sharia'd) virginia liquor stores have held sunday hours. 'in god we tru$t'

recently, certain unsharia'd (but still a little bit sharia'd) virginia liquor stores have held sunday hours. 'in god we tru$t'

We're under Sharia when we sleep - no booze from 3-7am. On Sundays, Sharia is in effect until 11am.

We do, however, have one Sharia free county. Let's hear it for Miami-Dade county. Comes to show that where progressives are strong, Sharia is weak. :P

Same in CT until fairly recently. Also, package stores had to close at 8pm Monday-Saturday (now until 9pm! outrageous!), so you can imagine what they looked like at 7:55 on a Saturday night. But now supermarkets can sell beer on Sundays -- my Puritan forefathers are weeping in their graves.

When I moved to California, I was shocked to see Bailey's on the shelf at my local CVS. It just seemed so heathen to be able to buy liquor at a pharmacy. Booze should be bought at a package store! Costcos in CT are forced to have a separate building just for the booze. You wouldn't want people looking at demon liquor while they're sampling free Swedish meatballs.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que