John6863

Question on scheduling Interview at Cuidad Juarez

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

funny how the US State Department website says you must/can schedule your consular interview and biometrics appointment

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/k1_k4_oct2014.pdf

I believe it says the same for the CR-1/IR-1 visas however that is not the case. As you can see here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow you are indeed issued an interview date, you do not choose it.

Edited by kels430

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The process for the spousal visa and the K-1 visa is NOT THE SAME.

A K-1 applicant will schedule their own interview. It is not assigned for them.

These are the instructions from the Juarez consulate website. This is what a K-1 applicant receives as their 'packet 3/appointment letter'. >

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

FIRST: For all K Visa applicants: Complete form DS-160 at http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4230.htmland print the confirmation letter. Go to http://mexico.usvisa-info.com to schedule both an appointment at the Applicant Service Center (ASC) and a Consular interview.

If you go to that website, you will find this > https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/information/iv_services

Please select the condition that applies to you:

• I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site.
  • I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) to apply for a Diversity Lottery (DV) visa.
  • I need to schedule a K visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an appointment.
  • None of the above
Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I believe it says the same for the CR-1/IR-1 visas however that is not the case. As you can see here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow you are indeed issued an interview date, you do not choose it.

You are incorrect. All of you that are applying for spousal visas are answering about how it works for you and not how it works for a K-1 applicant, which is what the OP is.

That VJ flowchart proves nothing. All consulates have their own procedures and requirements. Many of them require a K-1 applicant to schedule their own interview, including Juarez.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

That was just changed today so you can try

But most of US prior to today, had to wait for NVC

to send you your interview letter

But in response to Original question

Yes! The letter from Nvc has your interview date

And time on it. Best wishes

Met June 2011

Baby 1 dob      Jan 28, 2013

Baby 2 dob     March 15, 2014

Baby 3 dob     May 11, 2018

Got married February 5, 2014:

USCIS: February 1, 2014:

Sent I-130: February 17, 2014:

NOA1 to NVC August 18, 2014:

Case Complete NVC March 17, 2015

Letter and instructions from NVC for INTERVIEW March 27, 2015

Medical Exam May 26, 2015

Bio-metrics Appt. May 27, 2015 -

INTERVIEW DAY May 28, 2015 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!

VISA RECEIVED: June 4, 2015

Point of Entry: JULY 14, 2015

SS Card Received: JULY 22, 2015

Green Card Received: AUGUST 27, 2015

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Date Filed: April 15, 2017

Bio Appt:    June 1, 2017

I551 Stamp: YES - November 17, 2017

NOA:   Feb 16, 2018

Approved: Aug 2, 2018

10yr GC rec'd: AUG 9, 2018

Timeline

You are incorrect. All of you that are applying for spousal visas are answering about how it works for you and not how it works for a K-1 applicant, which is what the OP is.

That VJ flowchart proves nothing. All consulates have their own procedures and requirements. Many of them require a K-1 applicant to schedule their own interview, including Juarez.

KayDeeCee is spot on correct. The process for a CR1/IR1 and K-1 are comparing apples to oranges. I received the letter from the Juarez consulate for my K-1 fiancé (now wife) back in mid December and then scheduled the interview using the site mentioned...

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/niv

You will have to register and then upon logging in, all listed options such as paying the K-1 fiancé visa application fee, scheduling the ASC (Biometrics), and interview will be available. You can choose to schedule an ASC (Biometrics) appointment at a location center closer to home such as what we did (Guadalajara) for my K-1/wife but I recommend if you opt to go that route, schedule that appointment at least 1 week prior to the Ciudad Juarez interview. The medical exam is another "must" but there are several places in Juarez to choose from. We chose the Clinica Medica Internacional and were quite pleased with the process but scheduled an appointment at least 4 days prior to the interview for lead way since my fiancé was also bringing her K-2 daughter. If no children are in the picture, you should be golden by accommodating the medical exam just 1 day prior to the interview. The link for scheduling the medical exam at the Clinica Medica Internacional (fairly new building) If you are interested is below...

http://clinicamedicainternacional.com.mx/

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message and I can provide assistance since I am familiar with the K-1 applicant process for Juarez.

Best of luck on your visa journey! :)

Edited by Gera & Rocio

K-1

August 1, 2014: I-129F packet sent (USPS Priority mail)

August 5, 2014: NOA1 received (email/text)

August 9, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received/Alien Registration Number changed

October 3, 2014: RFE notice received (email/text)

October 9, 2014: RFE hardcopy received (General question missed on I-129F part 3) *Oops

October 10, 2014: RFE response inquiry sent (USPS Priority mail)

October 15, 2014: RFE response review (USCIS)

October 21, 2014: NOA2 I-129F was approved (email/text)

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 13, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 25, 2014: NVChard copy received (case was forwarded to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate)

November 30, 2014: Filled out forms DS-160 online for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

December 3, 2014: Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate received case

December 18, 2014: NOA3 hardcopy received from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate

December 22, 2014: Paid visa fees online and scheduled ASC Biometrics + Interview

January 20, 2015: Biometrics for fiancé in Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico

January 22, 2015: Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 26, 2015: Picked up medical results for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

January 27, 2015: Interview APPROVED!!! (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 30, 2015: CEAC status "Issued"

January 31, 2015: DHL tracking number received via email

February 3, 2015: Passports ready for pickup via email/DHL tracking (DHL Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Lopez Mateos) POE El Paso, TX

April 11, 2015: MARRIED 

AOS

April 23, 2015: AOS/EAD/AP packet sent USPS Priority mail (K-1/K-2)

May 5, 2015: NOA1 received (email/text)

May 9, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (6) - Dated "4/28/15"

May 16, 2015: Biometrics appointment letter received

May 18, 2015: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

July 10, 2015: EAD/AP approved (K-1/K-2)

August 25, 2015: AOS interview (K-1/K-2) Fresno, CA "APPROVED" 

September 4, 2015: Green Card received

ROC

May 26, 2017: ROC packet sent USPS Priority mail (K-1/K-2)

June 3, 2017: NOA1 received 

June 17, 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received

June 20, 2017: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

Filed: Timeline

KayDeeCee is spot on correct. The process for a CR1/IR1 and K-1 are comparing apples to oranges. I received the letter from the Juarez consulate for my K-1 fiancé (now wife) back in mid December and then scheduled the interview using the site mentioned...

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/niv

You will have to register and then upon logging in, all listed options such as paying the K-1 fiancé visa application fee, scheduling the ASC (Biometrics), and interview will be available. You can choose to schedule an ASC (Biometrics) appointment at a location center closer to home such as what we did (Guadalajara) for my K-1/wife but I recommend if you opt to go that route, schedule that appointment at least 1 week prior to the Ciudad Juarez interview. The medical exam is another "must" but there are several places in Juarez to choose from. We chose the Clinica Medica Internacional and were quite pleased with the process but scheduled an appointment at least 4 days prior to the interview for lead way since my fiancé was also bringing her K-2 daughter. If no children are in the picture, you should be golden by accommodating the medical exam just 1 day prior to the interview. The link for scheduling the medical exam at the Clinica Medica Internacional (fairly new building) If you are interested is below...

http://clinicamedicainternacional.com.mx/

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message and I can provide assistance since I am familiar with the K-1 applicant process for Juarez.

Best of luck on your visa journey! :)

how long did it take for you to get the appointment letter from the time that you received your NOA2? Or from the time your case was sent to the embassy? I scheduled my fiancee's interview for June 3rd, however, I still haven't received the letter.

Timeline

how long did it take for you to get the appointment letter from the time that you received your NOA2? Or from the time your case was sent to the embassy? I scheduled my fiancee's interview for June 3rd, however, I still haven't received the letter.

It took me three weeks to receive. My fiancé at the time (wife now) never received it in Mexico. I simply scanned it and emailed it over for printing. You can go to the information window outside the consulate and request that the invitation letter be printed for you but since you have a few weeks time...

Contact the following number below and request that they mail it out to you.

From the US (703) 439-2313

All the best on your journey.

-Gera

K-1

October 9, 2014: RFE hardcopy received (General question missed on I-129F part 3) *Oops

November 25, 2014: NVChard copy received (case was forwarded to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate)

November 30, 2014: Filled out forms DS-160 online for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

December 22, 2014: Paid visa fees online and scheduled ASC Biometrics + Interview

January 22, 2015: Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

January 26, 2015: Picked up medical results for fiancé (K-1) and step daughter (K-2)

February 3, 2015: Passports ready for pickup via email/DHL tracking (DHL Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Lopez Mateos) POE El Paso, TX

AOS

ROC

UPDATE:

I called the number and was told that the appointment letter was sent on May 8th and that it takes two weeks to arrive. I also asked that if I don't receive the letter within that time could I just go to the information window and have them reprint the letter. She said no, they no longer allow that. Was I being bullshitted? Is 2 weeks the standard canned answer, and do you think that yes, it is possible to still go to the info window at that time?

thank guys.

Timeline

That was just changed today so you can try

But most of US prior to today, had to wait for NVC

to send you your interview letter

But in response to Original question

Yes! The letter from Nvc has your interview date

And time on it. Best wishes

What just changed today?

K-1 applicants have had to schedule their own interviews for the last 5 years. Before that, back in 2010 and earlier, a K-1 used to receive an open invitation letter and never had an actual interview appointment time at all.

K-1 applicants submit nothing to the NVC and have no processing done by the NVC at all. All the NVC does is assign the case# and sends the case onto the appropriate consulate. They will send a letter stating that the approved I-129F petition has been sent to the consulate. That is it.

Someone applying for a CR-1 would receive their interview appointment from the NVC. That is for a spousal visa. That is not how it works for a K-1 applicant. That is not something that is new.

Timeline

UPDATE:

I called the number and was told that the appointment letter was sent on May 8th and that it takes two weeks to arrive. I also asked that if I don't receive the letter within that time could I just go to the information window and have them reprint the letter. She said no, they no longer allow that. Was I being bullshitted? Is 2 weeks the standard canned answer, and do you think that yes, it is possible to still go to the info window at that time?

thank guys.

Good, then I hope you do receive it before the interview.

I have seen people in the past get told on the phone that they no longer will do that, but then people still keep getting it done over the years. I think they like to discourage it, but it is still possible, especially if you tell them you were told it was mailed out at the beginning of May and now it is time for your interview and still have not received it but need it for your ASC, medical and interview.

Timeline

UPDATE:

thank guys.

Glad to hear. Yes, the appointment letter is generally received in the US about 15 days after it has been mailed off from the consulate. For a time line, the invitation letter in our case was mailed out on 12/3 and received on 12/18.

In regards to what was stated by the customer service rep on being able to print the invitation letter at the information window (Juarez)... Don't be discouraged as it can still be printed on-site as a last resort but I'm sure you will receive the letter within a week or so!

-Gera

K-1

AOS

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

UPDATE:

thank guys.

Hi!! when you called that number, how did you get through to a operator?? I have tried to call like 5 times and always hit dead end :( please advise

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2012-04-23

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-24

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-03

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015/02/09

NOA2 Email Received: 2015/03/02

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2015/03/06

Case Sent from USCIS: 2015/03/11
NVC Received: 2015/03/17
Case # Assigned: 2015/03/24
DS-261 Completed: 2015/03/28
Paid AOS Fee: 2015/03/30
Sent in AOS and IV Package: 2015/04/01
Case Accepted for Expedite: 2015/05/05
Case Forwarded to Consulate: 2015/05/07
Completed DS-260: 2015/05/15
Interview Scheduled: 2015/05/20
Interview: 2015/07/15
event.png

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Hi!! when you called that number, how did you get through to a operator?? I have tried to call like 5 times and always hit dead end :( please advise

When I called to inquire about my case back in December, I recall using option 1 for English and then option 3. After you input those options on your phone, it will generally give you a last option to choose from in regards to your inquiry.

K-1

AOS

ROC

i called 7034392313. and then did 1 3 6.....

Glad to hear. Yes, the appointment letter is generally received in the US about 15 days after it has been mailed off from the consulate. For a time line, the invitation letter in our case was mailed out on 12/3 and received on 12/18.

In regards to what was stated by the customer service rep on being able to print the invitation letter at the information window (Juarez)... Don't be discouraged as it can still be printed on-site as a last resort but I'm sure you will receive the letter within a week or so!

-Gera

thanks....mil gracias!!!!!

Timeline

i called 7034392313. and then did 1 3 6.....

thanks....mil gracias!!!!!

De nada, suerte! :thumbs:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.