orangeblossom

The embassy rescheduled my fiancé interview at a short notice.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi NikaMo, I know her family, her family knows mine. I didn't hangout with her much (aka no pictures with her when we were young). I have pictures with her relatives, and she has pictures with her relatives. Maybe we should bring those in just in case. I grew up in cambodia, lived there till i was 16. I speak all 3 languages same as her. So I think it will be a bit easier I hope. Thanks for your help, we will make sure to answer that one question as honest as we can, we didn't do anything wrong, so I think it will be ok. All we can do is try our best.

Wish me luck! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Sorry for late reply chhay8882. It's okey you don't have any pictures with her then. As long as you knew her then should be okey. You knew each other for years but developed romantically much later. That should be fine.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

NikaMo, it has been a process for me as well. My fiancee and me are finally scheduled for our second attempt at the K1 - Visa Interview. First attempt took place two years ago. Unfortunately, the USCIS petition was submitted upon me vising her in Cambodia one time. But the engagement ceremony actually took place a few months before the interview, and was never filed with the USCIS petition. You are accurate..this was a "major red flag" for the consulate who summarily denied the Visa. I also did not attend, which did not help. I have visited my beloved fiancee five times in total..Oct. 2013, Aug. 2014, Jan. 2015, Sept. 2015, & Aug. 2016. The first four trips were all included in my I-129F petition, but...of course I could not stay away from my love! I visited for the fifth time will the petition was just approved, but the interview was determined. I have visited her family extensively...my parents went with me the third trip...communicate utilizing Viber everyday (The only form of communication I have as evidence we communicate). Taking all evidence of my five trips, and 300 pgs of viber (spanning the last 5 months or so...). I hope my chance is good, if needed I will just marry her and move to Cambodia for awhile...and utilize co-signers to complete the process...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.