Optimistical

NVC forms portal - unable to sign in to fill out DS 260/261 for over 1 week

223 posts in this topic

My NOA2 letter came in early May. It's been a month since with no progress since I can't log into the web site. This is the URL I'm trying to access to fill out form DS-260/261:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Default.aspx

is that the right first step for me? I'm just stuck there since I get the same error for the last month trying to log in with case # and invoice #.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did you pay the fees online or by mail? When did you make the payment and submit DS-260 online?

it was both online .. i paid the fees on the 27th and on 29th i submit and now i just sent everything to nvc

i guess i was lucky and good luck all

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My NOA2 letter came in early May. It's been a month since with no progress since I can't log into the web site. This is the URL I'm trying to access to fill out form DS-260/261:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Default.aspx

is that the right first step for me? I'm just stuck there since I get the same error for the last month trying to log in with case # and invoice #.tr

Try here for more info.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/assistance-for-applicants-experiencing-technical-difficulties.html :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I could log in today, filled out the DS-261, and paid the AOS fee. My case number was assigned on 14-May-2015, so you can get a feel of where your case may be at.

Just an update on my case, as of today 4-June-2015, I still cannot pay the IV fee online and there was no DS-260 form available online. The IV fee entry is there online, but at $0 amount. I have not sent in any civil documents yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Is still someone unable to fill the ds260,my hubby paid the iv fee by mail and after more than 3 weeks its till shwing PAY NOW ,So we still waiting to switch to PAID,Please if someone has any update or has been given a resolution please let me know...i called in the nvc and i was told 10 day to escalate te issue,but honestly i dont trust NVC.....This is a nighmare..... :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

:dancing::dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

Is still someone unable to fill the ds260,my hubby paid the iv fee by mail and after more than 3 weeks its till shwing PAY NOW ,So we still waiting to switch to PAID,Please if someone has any update or has been given a resolution please let me know...i called in the nvc and i was told 10 day to escalate te issue,but honestly i dont trust NVC.....This is a nighmare..... :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

I'm in the same situation. I called NVC last night. they said I have to wait 10 more days? I already sent cashier check by mail last month and they confirmed it. I also cannot fill in DS-260, it says not piad?

Yes....10 more days according to my math i have to check next monday if any update please lets keep each other inform...Good luck for everyone

:dancing::dancing:

Me too, after I submitted the ds-261 and PAID AOS fees, the website shown as AOS PAID and ds-261 Completed. I mailed over the whole AOS Package with IV Supporting Documents - then after that, I started to get an error: Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time…"

And then I started to get error: "This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted…"

NOW I'm able to access my case but it shown my AOS Fee PAY NOW - what's up with that??? and when I click on PAY NOW it takes me to pay the fees?? which I already have paid and have all kind of receipts of it and everything to proven that, even my bank statement shown I paid it.

Of course, I still cannot pay the IV fee online and there is no DS-260 form available online to fill it out. it just frustrated the whole screwie website thing.

Anyone has experienced this?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I just got of the phone with them.

I was talking to a actually very cool lady who said this :

- they were hoping the website will be fixed over the weekend but they are seeing A LOT of mistakes that it appears that is some cases it's getting worse

- there is absolutely no guarantee that the information on the website is a correct one

- it's best to call them directly

She apologized for the delay and the website issues, which was nice to hear but it's not her fault.

It felt good to talk to someone who gave a bit more info on our case then the usual 'you have to wait'

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I called today and the first person was a bit rude... We were told to call this morning and they'd review the DS-261 and open up the IV payment.. She told us that it can take up too 42 days... I informed her that the 42 days were up.. She said nothing could be done... We called again a hour later.. This nice lady informed us that she could see the DS-261 but couldn't do anything about it because the site still has a problem... Still stuck since April!... Typical government... Wait for incompetence

Timeline

My wife and I called today and the first person was a bit rude... We were told to call this morning and they'd review the DS-261 and open up the IV payment.. She told us that it can take up too 42 days... I informed her that the 42 days were up.. She said nothing could be done... We called again a hour later.. This nice lady informed us that she could see the DS-261 but couldn't do anything about it because the site still has a problem... Still stuck since April!... Typical government... Wait for incompetence

Did you call the other number? 603-334-0888 x2

I did find that the reps at the other number were a bit more willing to dig and more compassionate

I am sorry

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did find that the reps at the other number were a bit more willing to dig and more compassionate

We dialed the 603-334-0700.... I've only had 1 not so nice agent... Once I started joking and being extra nice they tend to give more info as to what's going on... i was told that the site is still down and even though they can see my paperworks, they are still not able to do anything... We just call a couple times a week to see... Nothing else to do but wait it out...

Timeline

We dialed the 603-334-0700.... I've only had 1 not so nice agent... Once I started joking and being extra nice they tend to give more info as to what's going on... i was told that the site is still down and even though they can see my paperworks, they are still not able to do anything... We just call a couple times a week to see... Nothing else to do but wait it out...

Yup thats the correct one

But this new one is for us with IV and DS260 issues.

Or any technical issues.

Give it a try

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this just goes to show to inconsistant everything is. My husband and I paid our IV fee of $325.00 on June 10 and on June 11 it showed paid and our DS-260 was "unlocked" and was filled out and submitted.

NOW, when I called yesterday to make sure they got everything and see if they had reviewed our IV and AOS packages that they received on May 18 - they stated that it doesn't show paid on their end that we paid the IV fee of $325 and for me to email them a screenshot of the CEAC page showing that it says paid and also a screenshot of our bank account showing that the money did in fact come out of our account. It was kind of odd to me - then the woman went on to say that everything for our case# should be reviewed this week - I'll believe that when I see it.

Good luck everyone.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2014/10/04

I-130 Sent : 2014-11-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-12

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-26

NVC Received : 2015-04-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Send AOS Package : 2015-05-15

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-23

Receive IV Bill : 2015-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-06-10

Send IV Package : 2015-05-15

Completed DS-260: 2015-06-11

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2015-08-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-15

Interview Date : September 24, 2015

Interview Result : Administrative Processing

Visa Received : October 15, 2015

US Entry : November 11, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.