Optimistical

NVC forms portal - unable to sign in to fill out DS 260/261 for over 1 week

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im in the same situation , i got my case number assigned today and i was trying to log in but i got an error , so im on hold with NVC right now , i ll ask them to create a ticket for me so the supervisor gets aware of this issue .

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Filed: Timeline

Fortunately I was connected to NVC after many tries this afternoon around 3:30pm. After about one hour holding, I was directed to a rep. The rep told me that NVC is aware of the system problems and working on fixing it. She said fixing the system errors will take a few days, but was unable to give me any specific time line. I asked her whether I shall go to pay with a cash check, but I was told it will be subject to myself. But even IV was paid via cash check, still cannot fill DS-260 form before the system errors are resolved. DS-260 has to be filled on line. So just wait for more days.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i just called NVC. Same answer we do not know when they will fix it :cry: i think the sign in problem is make up because they have to many case that they can handle at this time. The sign in problem is just make up; i do not think that they even put our invoice in the system yet.

Edited by eftuan

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been trying to get logged in since last Wednesday... I've called 3 times and it's always the same... Wait! My best advice is to have your paperwork and documents at the ready... You'll need to get ahead of the log jam behind you... The good news is... If you are at the head of the jam up, you'll probably fly through the process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all

I just called them again , they still have the same issue and i was told the same thing < Wait > , an IT team is still working on resolving the issue , i think i will finish this NVC step with Nervous disease

good luck guys

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This really isn't fair! I've been trying to do the same thing.. have all of my paper work ready.. I just want my husband here. I'm graduating next week and i'm so sad that he won't be there to see it.. :( It's not fair that a husband and wife can't be together b/c of these issues.. praying they'll solve the problem fast.. i've been calling since the 11th and this is the answer they keep giving for the past week and half.. Keep praying everyone.

You will be notified later by email. 2 weeks and counting

February 4, 2015 I-130 Mailed
March 8, 2015 I-130 NOA1 Approved
April 8, 2014: 1-130 NOA2
May 7, 2015 Case was received by NVC
May 27, 2015: DS 261Selected Agent
May 29, 2015: Paid AOS (Affidavit of Support)

June 7, 2015 AOS Package Mailed

June 12, 2015 Paid IV (Immigrant Visa)

June 15? Website issues
August 21, 2015: DS260 (Visa Application) Completed
Sep 21 Called

Oct 1 Supervisor Review

Oct 9 Called for Update Nothing Done

Oct Called 16 "Just Wait" Supervisors Backup

Nov Called Nov 5

Nov 9 Called CSR SAID Another week and a half

???Call NVC Nov 12. 42 days is up

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I received my NVC welcome letter email yesterday. I tried today (5/20/2015) to log in to do DS-261 but get the same error every one gets here. It is still not fixed yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

FAUX News propaganda!

It has nothing to do with what we are discussing here! It's a software bug. It will hopefully be corrected soon.

By the way, I got my NVC mail today, and I have same error with both fee payment and DS-260

Sign In Failed

The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered do not match our records. Please try again or click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you have forgotten your Case Number or Invoice Identification Number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

FAUX News propaganda!

It has nothing to do with what we are discussing here! It's a software bug. It will hopefully be corrected soon.

By the way, I got my NVC mail today, and I have same error with both fee payment and DS-260

Sign In Failed

The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered do not match our records. Please try again or click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you have forgotten your Case Number or Invoice Identification Number.

It amazes me that the investigative reporting consist of the using the 'facts' from the statement that was obliviously cut in the middle of the sentence.

That is often used in 'reality' tv . Shady

you are right, FAUX news

Also, what really boils by blood is when I hear a news reporter referring to a COUNTRY CHILE and calling it Chilli?!?!!

Oy vey!

Edited by 1stLoveRedo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.