Optimistical

NVC forms portal - unable to sign in to fill out DS 260/261 for over 1 week

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I completed my DS 260 before 40 days still waiting for case to complete. Anyone facing same issue

On a lighter note I completed my one year with nvc recently

Someone please advice on this delay. I am loosing my confidence everyday..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

After you received the email from NVC with your case number, it takes 1-2 weeks for NVC to enter it into portal, so it is normal for this to happen. You can call NVC to verify it. I would just go back and check the portal every day to see if it opens up.

I just tried it and I got

Immigrant Visa

CASE NUMBER: ***************

Summary Information

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

The AOS and IV packets is the proof of residence and sponsor income information right? You dont need to add the form ds-260 with it? I thought I had to wait till I got a recipt of paying and fill out DS-260 form to send in our information package

Yes, I think that's right. I sent in the packet before filling out DS-260. I'm not sure if that's usual or not. At the time DS-260's weren't working on the web site for 2 months.

hellois there anyone aho has bee able to filll the ds 260 out and get it reviewd my husband filled on july 5th and they still saying s taking more than 30 days

:dancing::dancing:

I completed my DS 260 before 40 days still waiting for case to complete. Anyone facing same issue

On a lighter note I completed my one year with nvc recently

Someone please advice on this delay. I am loosing my confidence everyday..

well yes im on the same issue ,my hubby filled the ds260on july the 5 th.....what have they told uuu...and congratulations i also completed 1 year to have started this frustrating process

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I ran into that same issue. It might be because you're putting in the wrong Case #. Your case number is no longer USCIS case number. It should start with your local embassy initials followed by the your petition got approved. For example: CSL2015

Hi,

I've been trying to get in to fill out these forms for over a week. I get this error:

"The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance. "

I've called NVC 3 times. 1 time the guys said to just try again tomorrow. The 2nd time the rep said it was a known error, they were working on it and a supervisor would call me back (never did). The 3rd time (Friday) the rep tried logging in herself using my case number and invoice ID number and she was surprised to find she couldn't log in either. She said she'd raise a "work ticket" for me.

I'm totally stuck - anyone else experiencing this or no a workaround?

Thanks

And no I don't drive Uber.

Hi porlalander well ..which embassy is ur case going ...on the 27 august wr got a mail where they say all documments were received and as soon an interview be scheduled they will let us know....i assume our case was already reviewed (ds260/documentation)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just to give an idea of how long it takes NVC to process the civil and financial documents. NVC received my AOS and IV package (paper filing) on 7/27 and I got an email on 8/21 that all documentation were received and an interview would be scheduled. It took approx 20 working days for NVC to review my documents. I didn't do the online DS-260 until early August. My embassy is Hong Kong, but I don't think it matters for the NVC processing. I think my case is sitting on NVC queue now waiting to go out to the embassy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody my app was already scheduled like 1 week ago im so happy

Sorry it went many times yes anyone else who has been scheduled for app

Filed: Timeline

Sorry it went many times yes anyone else who has been scheduled for app

How did NVC inform you, by email or letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.