CamMarie

Withdrawing from TSC in order to resubmit through CSC - is it really so bad?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I feel your pain. Probably more so. My fiancee is stuck in Syria. In a town that is torn apart by civil war. I had to fly to Turkey and she had to get to Turkey somehow just to see each other. What makes matters worse? I filed I-129F on March 10. Seeing the USCIS announcement about the routing of all petitions to CSC one week after we sent in our packet upset her and me to no end.

I fear for her life everyday and here I am wondering what I can do. Just sit here and hope nothing happens to her.

Edited by itsakram

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know it's easier said than done, but just hang in there, there is an end to this long process and that end is well worth the wait (obviously). I know it's hard, just lean on each other and you will get through the bad days. All of us that have been through the process know how hard it is and heart wrenching to be apart from your loved one, so we do feel your pain. Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting, stay strong for each other! :luv:

I feel your pain. Probably more so. My fiancee is stuck in Syria. In a town that is torn apart by civil war. I had to fly to Turkey and she had to get to Turkey somehow just to see each other. What makes matters worse? I filed I-129F on March 10. Seeing the USCIS announcement about the routing of all petitions to CSC one week after we sent in our packet upset her and me to no end.

I fear for her life everyday and here I am wondering what I can do. Just sit here and hope nothing happens to her.

You can't request an expedite?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Other than the obvious expense, is there really any down-side or potentially negative effects in the eyes of USCIS if we were to withdraw our current petition and re-submit?

Can't say. You can go first and fill us in on how it went.

@baron99 - Snarky posts from members who have not only been approved, but are also already married and together are just salt in the wound.

This topic is nothing new. I remember a time when CSC was slow, then Vermont, now Texas. It ebbs and flows back and forth between the different centers.

You guys can and did visit.....many of us couldn't.....just saying.

And.....you just filed in March and now your so upset.

Expect 10 months and be happy with 5 is what I say.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about changes in case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Something to consider, I think CSC is already slowing down. I did some rough analysis based on VJ data and for the march filers approx 80 VJ member received their NOA2 by April the 9th compared to the April filers where approximately 30 petitions have been approved in the same number of days. The numbers get much worse if you run the same analysis by date sent instead of NOA1 date.... ..... My own VJ estimate has also been pushed back on when my petition might by approved.....

I feel for everyone, this is a very draining process already from me and I have not involved with it that long. I could not image having to wait for months and months or even years.

It is amazing that employers can pay for an expedite for HB1 visas but we can't pay for an expedite of K1 visas that just does not seem fair !

Edited by asdf123

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

This topic is nothing new. I remember a time when CSC was slow, then Vermont, now Texas. It ebbs and flows back and forth between the different centers.

You guys can and did visit.....many of us couldn't.....just saying.

And.....you just filed in March and now your so upset.

Expect 10 months and be happy with 5 is what I say.

@Baron555 - it may not be new to you, but it's new to me, and many others. If you're going to judge us for being frustrated "too early," or discredit our situation just because we got to visit more than others, then we can do without your advice. It's all relative. Congrats to you for making it through the process.

I appreciate the helpful advice from everyone else. It's very much appreciated.

Something to consider, I think CSC is already slowing down. I did some rough analysis based on VJ data and for the march filers approx 80 VJ member received their NOA2 by April the 9th compared to the April filers where approximately 30 petitions have been approved in the same number of days. The numbers get much worse if you run the same analysis by date sent instead of NOA1 date.... ..... My own VJ estimate has also been pushed back on when my petition might by approved.....

I feel for everyone, this is a very draining process already from me and I have not involved with it that long. I could not image having to wait for months and months or even years.

It is amazing that employers can pay for an expedite for HB1 visas but we can't pay for an expedite of K1 visas that just does not seem fair !

Well, cry me a river. Honestly, even a doubling or tripling or CSC approval times wouldn't really be considered slow.

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

You may want to speak to an immigration lawyer as I know others have said this may be considered fraud.

Just curious, what material fact do you think (or would someone else looking at this case) would the OP be 'lying' about in order to consider withdrawing a petition and re-submitting it as fraudulent action?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just curious, what material fact do you think (or would someone else looking at this case) would the OP be 'lying' about in order to consider withdrawing a petition and re-submitting it as fraudulent action?

Honestly, I'm unsure, but this is something that has been discussed on VJ for the last month or so and a few people have mentioned that it may be considered fraud. I guess some may say it's defrauding the system and some may say it's a workaround.

back when we filed k-1 status TSC was slower processing files, but got them to NVC faster, and in turn NVC got them to the consulate a lot faster. CSC was faster processing applications but sat on them for like 2-3 months before sending them on to NVC to be processed. I would just keep your application at TSC and bite the bullet and wait.

Once you get married and start adjusting your status, be prepared for a year long wait! Sometimes even longer than a year!

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Timeline

You can't request an expedite?

Well, I've contacted my congressman and senator to see if they can do anything about. Do you think I'm better off calling USCIS myself and see if I can get it expedited?

Well, I've contacted my congressman and senator to see if they can do anything about. Do you think I'm better off calling USCIS myself and see if I can get it expedited?

PPPFFFTTTT - yeah! (http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria) You make your own expedite request to the USCIS directly. Go ahead and add both humanitarian and extreme emergent situation to your request and find articles, such as from the UN or other international (and somewhat neutral) sources. It may still take some time, but it may shave off some months.

(Sorry, OP, I know this was about your question. We take advice and ideas from wherever we can get them, huh?)

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

PPPFFFTTTT - yeah! (http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria) You make your own expedite request to the USCIS directly. Go ahead and add both humanitarian and extreme emergent situation to your request and find articles, such as from the UN or other international (and somewhat neutral) sources. It may still take some time, but it may shave off some months.

(Sorry, OP, I know this was about your question. We take advice and ideas from wherever we can get them, huh?)

Thanks for the advice. I'll give them a call and see if they actually help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.