We Keep Receipts

Employee at Subway sandwich shop fired after celebrating Miss. police officers’ deaths on Facebook

39 posts in this topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/subway-employee-celebrates-cops-death-facebook-article-1.2217230

A Subway sandwich worker who hailed the murders of two Mississippi police officers on social media faced a fierce online backlash Sunday — and got canned from her job.

Sierra (C-Babi) Mccurdy wrote on Facebook, “2 police officers was shot in Hattiesburg tonight!” according to screen grabs circulating online. “Got em.”

The post was a reference to the tragic shootings of Hattiesburg officers Benjamin Deen, 34, Liquori Tate, 25, following a routine traffic stop Saturday night. Three people have been arrested for the crime, two of whom face capital murder charges.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

dafuq?

Ignorance in all it's glory. It knows no boundaries..

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Proof again that while we have freedom of speech, that speech is not free from consequence.

Pretty much. You can say what you want, but there might be a price. And what I can't figure out is, how people haven't figured out that saying stupid, hateful things on Twitter, FB, Instagram, or any other media is NEVER a good idea.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Right? They should just post it on VJ.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If VJ could be used, I'm pretty sure some people here would be out of a job...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Was it because she is black?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Was it because she is black?

Probably because she's a human being celebrating two cops that were murdered. Just a thought...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/subway-employee-celebrates-cops-death-facebook-article-1.2217230

A Subway sandwich worker who hailed the murders of two Mississippi police officers on social media faced a fierce online backlash Sunday — and got canned from her job.

Sierra (C-Babi) Mccurdy wrote on Facebook, “2 police officers was shot in Hattiesburg tonight!” according to screen grabs circulating online. “Got em.”

The post was a reference to the tragic shootings of Hattiesburg officers Benjamin Deen, 34, Liquori Tate, 25, following a routine traffic stop Saturday night. Three people have been arrested for the crime, two of whom face capital murder charges.

I will say the same thing I say when people get fired for making a racial comment on FB. what the hades does this have to do with her on the job performance

I will say the same thing I say when people get fired for making a racial comment on FB. what the hades does this have to do with her on the job performance

If a cop is talking about killing monkeys(black people) and the like, how do you expect him to handle his job if he's in contact with black people? Do you really think you can call me a n**** and still approach me in regards to the law and give me a fair shake? If a CEO is making fun of minorities, how do you think he treats employees that are POC? Or gay people? Or women for that matter?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

If a cop is talking about killing monkeys(black people) and the like, how do you expect him to handle his job if he's in contact with black people? Do you really think you can call me a n**** and still approach me in regards to the law and give me a fair shake? If a CEO is making fun of minorities, how do you think he treats employees that are POC? Or gay people? Or women for that matter?

I think that until a person does something on the job that warrants discipline that, uttering a racist comment on FB is not call for termination. On the flip side, I don't see this woman getting fired for making her stupid comment.

it has nothing to do with her job performance. I am sure Subway is looking out for themselves .public relations

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

it has nothing to do with her job performance. I am sure Subway is looking out for themselves .public relations

and Yes I get that, however I always judged my employees solely on what happens on the job.

I think that until a person does something on the job that warrants discipline that, uttering a racist comment on FB is not call for termination. On the flip side, I don't see this woman getting fired for making her stupid comment.

There's a thing called a code of conduct. It might be in her contract she signed when she started working there. that's why I never say anything in cyberspace I wouldn't say IRL. You never know who's looking.

Being a racist is never cool. The bigger issue is with comments like that, they bleed over into the person's job. How can I work with you if I know you hate me for the color of my skin?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg