lala64

Appeals to K1 denied visa USCIS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh, shame on you for getting people busy for just a hypothetical question.

But I must say it is very fascinating to read the reasoning for denied petitions on the USCIS website.

It's always the not having met in the 2 years before petition, and sometimes additionally missing proof of divorce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, shame on you for getting people busy for just a hypothetical question.

But I must say it is very fascinating to read the reasoning for denied petitions on the USCIS website.

It's always the not having met in the 2 years before petition, and sometimes additionally missing proof of divorce.

So sorry:(..... but I found them a good read as well. see what you find when you go fishing. Would have never saw that info had it not been for my hypothetical. I am weighing all possibilities.. hoping for the best preparing for the worst. however I did see a similar case and once the papers were submitted it was approved. so that lifted my spirits.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An unsupportive post has been removed, along with a quoting post.

Another post has been edited to remove a reference to the deleted material and is returned to the thread as follows:

Notice I said just wondering, not I have been denied by USCIS. how was this misinterpreted. maybe the visa part I should have put denied petition but I clearly wrote just wondering. This is a very sensitive matter to me and I thought the people here could relate.

OP, it's hoped that you got your answers. It would have helped at the outset if you'd made it quite clear that this was a hypothetical question. However, that's no excuse for rudeness on the part of other posters. Ignore that and concentrate on the valuable replies.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thanks a lot. Ill keep that in mind for any if any future hypotheticals. I know that I should have ignored the response but this is truly stressing me out. So rushed to get the application started that I may have compromised my petition. but high hopes they just send me an RFE and allow me to rectify the situation. I appreciate your support always. LALA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Remember that an RFE is a golden opportunity. In addition to responding to the RFE requirements, you can add further evidence of your bona fide relationship for USCIS to pass on to the consulate.

Avoid being too stressed. "Eat the elephant one bite at a time."

Edited to add: See this for a "look back" at what I went through.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Wow. that really put things into perspective for me. You are a strong person. My mother always tells me, someone else's situation in the world is always worse than your own. I can truly see that now through your experience even though I am early in my journey. I am already an emotional woman, who tries to have as much control over the uncontrollable as possible. Cant be helped its in my DNA... and then to add fuel to the fire, putting myself into situations that require patience and resilience. That's me but am I a patient and resilient person absolutely NOT lol. but here I am in love with a man half way around the world and if you guys think I am stressing you out. My fiancé.. that poor guy! So thanks again for sharing your experience. Appreciate it much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.