ahmad994

Change Passport after submit DS-260 ?? dv2016

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

In our case, my wife will probably have a new passport by her interview since she plans on changing her name yet before the interview. I may be wrong, but I would think they will just scan the new passport when she goes to the interview. In your case, I would think that would also apply.

It would help us all if you filled in your timeline so we can better help you.

Hello,

I get a new passport after i submit the DS-260 with the old one, i want to know if my current situation will cause me problems in my interview?

thank you

l

No problems, keep your old one and take both, or make a photocopy of the bio page of the old one if your country makes you give it back.

Filed: Timeline
Thanks you for quick response

But there are two questions in ds 260

1 -In which occupation do you intend to work in the US?

I chose the student but I want to study and work in America !! Will I have problems in the interview because of this optional?

But the big problem here .... Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?

(I have a high school certificate and I answered no!)

Is my answer true or was supposed to chose Yes !

Thanks you for quick response
But there are two questions in ds 260
1 -In which occupation do you intend to work in the US?
I chose the student but I want to study and work in America !! Will I have problems in the interview because of this optional?
But the big problem here .... Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?
(I have a high school certificate and I answered no!)
Is my answer true or was supposed to chose Yes !

Doesn't matter what you put for 1.

Yes you were wrong for the second one - high school is secondary education - and you need a high school diploma to qualify for DV. So you need to change that. If you submitted already, contact KCC and ask them to unlock the DS so you can change it.

Filed: Timeline

Doesn't matter what you put for 1.

Yes you were wrong for the second one - high school is secondary education - and you need a high school diploma to qualify for DV. So you need to change that. If you submitted already, contact KCC and ask them to unlock the DS so you can change it.

This stupid mistake :(
Thank you for your response
Can you give me a formula to the letter because my English a little weak!
And how i know they unlock the DS ?
Thank you again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.