selask

withdrawal by pettitioner

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well, it depends on why she did what she did at the interview, and if she is willing to work on your marriage.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

We have been having some issues I honestly was totally taken by shock that she did that . I was so shocked I couldn't speak

She says she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore . I never expected this

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We can't tell you why your wife decided to withdraw the petition. Only she can tell you that. So the only thing we can suggest is you try to communicate with her about why she withdrew the petition. Maybe talk to her about getting some kind of counseling, if she's willing to work on the marriage. If she isn't, you need to go home. You will be here illegally, as the marriage interview, as I'm understanding, was what was going to give you a green card. Since it was withdrawn, you will not be here legally. Your option, if she decides to divorce, is to go home and try to apply for another visa- possibly a work visa. A life living illegally in the US is not much of a life and will mess things up for you later if you want to go back to your home country or even marry another USC.

Also, don't just go try to find another wife just to get a GC. It seemed like previous posts may have been using that as a suggestion.... Only do that if you're really in love with another USC.

I'm sorry that you're in this situation. :( I hope everything works out for you.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

i see some have said marrying another USC is an option, if you came on a k1 which it looks like, marrying another citizen would not save the situation, even if you do, you have to either go back to gh and and refile for spousal visa, divorce can take up to one year, if you decide to stay in usa even for the divorce process to be over and you leave to gh, you will get 3 year ban if you stayed more than 6months after the denial notice(unlawful presence), or 10 year ban if you stay for more than one year and you leave to gh, so that means, you wait to divorce, get married, u would have to go back to gh to refile, have a 10 year ban, unless your wife is able to file a waiver for extreme hardship which gets denied a lot.

, or your current wife cooperates to put in the affidavit of support to enable you to stay even after a divorce.

you can inbox me your number, i'd call u and let u know some of your options.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not a K1

Not a K1

Not a K1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, bad luck on your part. It is her option to do what she did.

Unless you can get a new visa from a company to hire you, I think you have 30 days to leave.

Very bad luck. Your wife should not have let this get this far, before "she pulled the rug out from under you!"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If not a new wife an employer

Sounds to me your main concern is getting a Green Card to stay in the states. Your wife just left you and you seem waaaay more concern about staying in the states than trying to fix your marriage even considering getting a new wife.

Filed: Timeline

Sounds to me your main concern is getting a Green Card to stay in the states. Your wife just left you and you seem waaaay more concern about staying in the states than trying to fix your marriage even considering getting a new wife.

He needed the green card to stay here legally and then be able to deal with his family problems. What did you miss?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

He needed the green card to stay here legally and then be able to deal with his family problems. What did you miss?

The question is, what did you miss? I am not the only one who picked up on the fact that he seems more interested in a Green Card to stay in America than fixing things with his wife. Did you even see the part I quoted? Sounds like any wife will do.

I highly doubt that your wife made that decision for no good reason. Work visa , H1b or L1 is really not an option for you. Unless you have a diploma from a reputable university and companies are willing to sponsor you. even if you do find a company that is willing to sponsor you, you still have to go through this h1b lottery nightmare.

You can not take what isn't yours. Your really have two options , stay in the states illegally , or go back to your home country. There are trade offs to each of their own I guess.

This is really a no brainer answer. The wife has decided not to sponsor him a green card. He's not eligible. And the USCIS isn't just gonna issue him permanent residency so he could deal with his failed marriage.

Timeline

Your best option is to go home.

If you stay illegally, you eventually will be caught and deported and face a possible 10 year ban, or worse permanent ban from the USA. When you are home, you can work on a divorce and find a new wife.

My guess is your wife probably thought you only married her for a green card, and withdrew her petition. Talk with her and see if that's the case. She may need only a bit of convincing and loving words to show her that your intentions are true and that you love her truly. You have like 30 days to patch things up. Good luck!

Timeline

did you just say you already have the conditional work permit or conditional green card? either way, I think you can do self-petition. But of course, you have to work first to be able to support your application. check some links for self-petitioning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.