Jump to content

No city of birth available for G-325A or i-130...

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I have been searching through the forums the past couple of days, but couldn't find an answer.

My Jordanian-citizen wife and I were both born in Kuwait (I am the USC). On my wife's Jordanian birth certificate, place of birth only states "Kuwait" without a city, while on her Kuwaiti one it says the name of an a neighborhood within Kuwait City (Hawalli), but doesn't mention Kuwait City anywhere else.

I no longer have my original Kuwaiti birth certificate, but I do have the original translation that was made of it and my CRBA, as well, in addition to my Jordanian birth certificate and US passport. Each one of these documents states a different thing! My CRBA says "Kuwait, State of Kuwait", the translated Kuwaiti certificate is similar to my wife's mentioning an area within Kuwait City only (Jahra), and my Jordanian birth certificate and US passport just state "Kuwait".

I'm not sure what I should put on our forms: for me, it seems I should write Kuwait, Kuwait (not Kuwait city), as written in my CRBA, while for my wife in not sure if I should just out Kuwait, or Kuwait/Kuwait City, Kuwait or Hawalli, Kuwait...

We also have a similar situation where my father's place of birth is requires. My father was born in Palestine (post 1948), so the US government has only put " Jordan" as his birth place on his papers, though his original Arabic birth certificate lists the city he was born in. Is it OK for me to just put "Jordan" when it requests the "city and country"? Should I attach a note here?

Thank you for your help...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue with my husbands mom . My husband is Jordanian and his mom was born in Gaza it just says Gaza on her birth certificate so where it asked city we put that then put n/a for the country . So if your unsure about the city just put n/a I got through with an approval with no issues or rfe I'm now about to finish up at the nvc stage .

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Morgan!

I'm glad yo hear that it has worked fine for you so far. From what I have read so far, it doesn't seem like they are overly strict on these things for the G-325A. Despite that, I would still personally hesitate to put "N/A"for my case, since it is applicable for both Jordan and Kuwait. In fact, it seems my case is the opposite of yours, since Gaza is a city/territory without a legitimate country and mine are countries missing the name of the cities...

Any other advice for a similar case? I'm sure there are other people around born in Kuwait and/or poat-'48 Palestine...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're unsure where you were born regardless of what a birth certificate says? You were born somewhere even if the information on your birth certificate is incomplete.

If you were born somewhere in particular, put that down. As long as your birth certificate, passport, CRBA, etc... says the country, that may be all it says. You wouldn't put n/a (not applicable) because it IS applicable. You would not put none because you were born somewhere. If the area is within a city, then state the city as asked.

Beyond that you, the petitioner, would not need to submit a non-US birth certificate, ever during this process. You can use your CRBA or the entire pages of your passport to prove citizenship.

As for your father's birth certificate, as it will NEVER be asked for during this process, I suggest you put what his Arabic birth certificate says which is likely the most complete and correct one.

Also if need be see if you can get a new birth certificate and perhaps that one will be more complete or you can add the missing information after the fact.


Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.