greys1030

UAE residence visa to expire soon, wants to apply for US tourist visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am planning to go to US on July or August 2015. Still doing the application form, no appointment date yet. My concern is my UAE residence visa which will expire on September 2015. Can I still apply now (May 2015) despite the fact that my UAE visa will expire in 4 months? Will the Consular Officer question my strong ties in UAE because that? Please help me to understand the possibilities. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can still apply, but you may well be asked what your plans are for after the visa expires.

For example, is your employer planning to keep you on, and so your visa will be renewed? Would they be willing to write a letter to that effect?

Do you plan on going back to wherever your home country is? Why, what will make you go home rather than stay in the USA?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What strong ties to UAE?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you for replying. My company will renew my visa once I come back from the US. I really want to visit NYC this summer (for 5 days) that's why I cannot wait until they renew my visa. They will issue a No Objection Certificate but I dont think they will mention (in the letter) about renewal of my residence visa in the UAE. Of course I will return to UAE thats where I am working and earning for a living. What can you suggest how can I prove this to them despite the circumstances?

You can still apply, but you may well be asked what your plans are for after the visa expires.

For example, is your employer planning to keep you on, and so your visa will be renewed? Would they be willing to write a letter to that effect?

Do you plan on going back to wherever your home country is? Why, what will make you go home rather than stay in the USA?

Edited by greys1030

This is how i failed in my tourist visa application at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi. I told them that we wont be cominh back to uae..

OP as long as you can prove that have money to spend in the US and that you are coming back to UAE that should be okay. Bring a letter from your company stating that they will renew your contract..

I am planning to go to US on July or August 2015. Still doing the application form, no appointment date yet. My concern is my UAE residence visa which will expire on September 2015. Can I still apply now (May 2015) despite the fact that my UAE visa will expire in 4 months? Will the Consular Officer question my strong ties in UAE because that? Please help me to understand the possibilities. Thank you.

It is similar to my situation about few years ago.

I had my Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (work permit) which expired in Sep and in Jul applied for B1/B1 visa at US consulate in Toronto.

During the interview , the CO did not ask anything related to the expiration of the TRV.

Got the visa approved. Visited the US for a week and came back to Canada without any problem.

Thank you for the response Adjective.

It is similar to my situation about few years ago.

I had my Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (work permit) which expired in Sep and in Jul applied for B1/B1 visa at US consulate in Toronto.

During the interview , the CO did not ask anything related to the expiration of the TRV.

Got the visa approved. Visited the US for a week and came back to Canada without any problem.

Edited by greys1030

Thanks for the reply biaobiao. Have you reapplied and granted a visa? I have a friend that got denied a visa under 214(b). Maybe you can help her as well.

This is how i failed in my tourist visa application at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi. I told them that we wont be cominh back to uae..

OP as long as you can prove that have money to spend in the US and that you are coming back to UAE that should be okay. Bring a letter from your company stating that they will renew your contract..

Thanks for the reply biaobiao. Have you reapplied and granted a visa? I have a friend that got denied a visa under 214(b). Maybe you can help her as well.

We did not pursue anything in uae. We applied for ir visa here in PI :) going to the us in few weeks.

What is a 214(b) ? Sorry but when the CO told me thAt he cant grant the visa for now... After that we just left.. It was RAMADAN, i was pregnant, we were hungry and we dont want to stay in the embassy that long... I still remember that day :( july 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is the standard refusal for failure to show non immigrant intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.