We Keep Receipts

Freedom to Discriminate? Michigan Business Under Fire for Anti-Gay Ad

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks, i was so worried. Venkman(this week) to the rescue. :rofl:

Did you get lucky and fall in love with a human? of legal age?

It must be scary knowing you have no control of who or what you fall in love with. Maybe just stay down in the basement?

You really haven't supplied any thought to this at all have you.

Correct the assassination attempt on Pam Geller comes to mind

Perhaps next time you might also want to think about punctuation?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well…what are you going to do when you fall in love with someone else….say in a couple of years? Since it is out of your control….how is it possible to prevent it from happening? How could you stay with your wife if you love someone else? Or do you just keep getting divorces and go where love takes you?

This may be why some people get marries 6,7,8 or more times. You might fit into this group.

Just because I fall for someone else doesn't mean I won't love my wife. My wife is the person to whom I am committed. Whatever my feelings for someone else, I am not going to cheat on her. I get to CHOOSE how I respond to feelings I have. I don't get to control my feelings.

If I randomly walked up to you on the street and kicked you in the genitals, you could choose whether or not to hurt me for it. You could choose whether to press charges about it. You could choose a lot of things to do with this action. What you could not choose would be how you felt about it. You would likely be angry and in pain and that's not in your control. What IS in your control is what you do about it.

Love is a feeling, just like any other.

And you didn't answer my question. Do you honestly believe that a love borne of mutual love and respect, between two consenting adults, is the same as bestiality?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do you honestly believe that a love borne of mutual love and respect, between two consenting adults, is the same as bestiality?

Not at all. I however, believe I can choose who I love.

Whatever my feelings for someone else, I am not going to cheat on her. I get to CHOOSE how I respond to feelings I have.

Good. I can respect that.

Timeline

Not at all. I however, believe I can choose who I love.

so when did you choose only to ever love women? Or did that come naturally to you?

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Timeline

so when did you choose only to ever love women? Or did that come naturally to you?

Are female animals considered women? :oops:

I never made the choice to be attracted to women. I never said you made the choice to be gay. I do have control over which individual women I choose to fall in love with. To me there is more to love than just attraction. I meet a women. If I am attracted to her I may want her ,but I want to spend some time with her to see if our personalities are compatible for the long term. If they are not…there is no point in continuing the relationship. To me, an important part of love is trust…and that takes time.

Timeline

I never made the choice to be attracted to women. I never said you made the choice to be gay. I do have control over which individual women I choose to fall in love with. To me there is more to love than just attraction. I meet a women. If I am attracted to her I may want her ,but I want to spend some time with her to see if our personalities are compatible for the long term. If they are notthere is no point in continuing the relationship. To me, an important part of love is trustand that takes time.

Scientifically, love is just a specific combination of a few chemicals. Dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and a few others. Oxytocin, a bonding chemical is responsible for what you call trust. It comes about through contact, often physical.

It's all chemistry and we can't control our brain chemistry. My brain chemistry, like yours, makes it so that oxytocin is released through prolonged contact with females who my brain notices and releases dopamine in response to. The only difference between the love I feel and that you feel is that I am a woman and you are a man, so therefore people believe that I deserve to not be allowed to marry the person I love or to be employed. I can no more choose which gender stimulates the release of those chemicals than you, a straight man, can.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Scientifically, love is just a specific combination of a few chemicals. Dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and a few others. Oxytocin, a bonding chemical is responsible for what you call trust. It comes about through contact, often physical.

It's all chemistry and we can't control our brain chemistry. My brain chemistry, like yours, makes it so that oxytocin is released through prolonged contact with females who my brain notices and releases dopamine in response to. The only difference between the love I feel and that you feel is that I am a woman and you are a man, so therefore people believe that I deserve to not be allowed to marry the person I love or to be employed. I can no more choose which gender stimulates the release of those chemicals than you, a straight man, can.

Don't forget that this guy deliberately brought up pedophilia and bestiality into a thread about gays being discriminated against by advertising reducing their sexuality to a matter of individual choice. There's an agenda at work there.

I never made the choice to be attracted to women. I never said you made the choice to be gay. I do have control over which individual women I choose to fall in love with. To me there is more to love than just attraction. I meet a women. If I am attracted to her I may want her ,but I want to spend some time with her to see if our personalities are compatible for the long term. If they are notthere is no point in continuing the relationship. To me, an important part of love is trustand that takes time.

So what is your opinion on homosexuality?

Timeline
I can no more choose which gender stimulates the release of those chemicals than you, a straight man, can.

We were never in a disagreement about that.

Don't forget that this guy deliberately brought up pedophilia and bestiality into a thread about gays being discriminated against by advertising reducing their sexuality to a matter of individual choice. There's an agenda at work there.

Oh the horror. I must be slain :rofl:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-stone/freedom-to-discriminate-m_b_7244212.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Most people believe in freedom of speech. Most people also believe that a business shouldn't have the right to discriminate against customers for their religious and political beliefs. But what if you were faced with a situation where you had to choose?

Right now in Dearborn, Mich. a local business owner is facing this very question. A group called "Restrain The Judges" placed a number of advertisements claiming "Homosexuality is a behavior, not a civil right."

Let them adertise all they wish. Let people not trade there if they dont like it

Timeline

We were never in a disagreement about that.

then we're in agreement that, if you can't change a thing about yourself AND it hurts no one, then it deserves equal protection under the law?

March 13, 2014 Married!