kkk1

wife cheated on me at last moment

207 posts in this topic

Hey, he asked about citizenship so I answered. I agree its way in the future and not something he should be stressing about now.

My dear. Looking back on your situation--- Do you remember the $165 fee? This is general info from VJs wiki page

".POE

After you get approved at the interview, there is one more fee to pay. It's for the actual green card and the current cost is $165. You'll receive a letter about this at the interview, which you can read in advance here [36]. This fee can either be paid before or after POE, but it's recommended to do it before, so as not to cause any delays.
It may also be possible to get a tracking number for the green card. Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:
"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card. Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked. Then call USPS and inquire for status. In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."
If you never paid the fee then they wont be generating you a GC and mailing it until you PAY THEM!!! lol. Its not such a big deal as an inconvenience. Theres no requirement technically to have the GC issued to you in a set amount of time after arrival. Some people that are strapped for cash, especially after arrival if they are travelling with kids and have to 'purchase' multiple GCs can not afford to pay for them right away so they dont. They save up and then pay the fee(s) and the cards are printed and mailed out.
SO- if you paid the fee- follow the advice above and find out what happened to your card- a tracking number should exsist, your payment went somewhere. IF you never paid- no card was generated, you need to pay.
AS for Social Security, lol oh my thats a whole other topic and Im so sorry, I didnt realize you were unaware of the process because you just kept mentioning having the card come to you. I thought you knew you had to go down and apply for the card! Its not going to just come to you. It can but usually nope.
Heres a thread with some info and a link for the VJ guide geared towards helping fiancees get SS#s but the info for finding your office is the same as is the forms and process.
good luck! :)

For my Social Security Card, when I filled up D-260, at that time, it has been asked that is this the address you want to receive your SSN ( which was my wife address) so I ticked a box as yes. While immigration ( entering USA) they asked me to sign several forms which could be change of address for green card and SSN, because in D-260 I put my wife's old address of Phoenix, AZ and since last October she moved to Houston. Now I'm going to change address 3rd time. It is so stressful. I hope everything work good for me.

For my Social Security Card, when I filled up D-260, at that time, it has been asked that is this the address you want to receive your SSN ( which was my wife address) so I ticked a box as yes. While immigration ( entering USA) they asked me to sign several forms which could be change of address for green card and SSN, because in D-260 I put my wife's old address of Phoenix, AZ and since last October she moved to Houston. Now I'm going to change address 3rd time. It is so stressful. I hope everything work good for me.

A lot of people check this box and then wait and wait for a social security card that never shows up, so they end up having to go to the Social Security office anyway.

With all of the address changes, I would suggest that you print out your I-94, and take it along with your passport to the nearest Social Security office to request a Social Security card.

Of course, you need to secure an address before you go so you can tell them where to mail it. As suggested above, Mailboxes etc or the UPS store would be good places to get an address.

Getting settled is going to take some time, but luckily you have a job waiting for you! You're going to be alright. Just know that it is not always flooding in Houston

A lot of people check this box and then wait and wait for a social security card that never shows up, so they end up having to go to the Social Security office anyway.

With all of the address changes, I would suggest that you print out your I-94, and take it along with your passport to the nearest Social Security office to request a Social Security card.

Of course, you need to secure an address before you go so you can tell them where to mail it. As suggested above, Mailboxes etc or the UPS store would be good places to get an address.

Getting settled is going to take some time, but luckily you have a job waiting for you! You're going to be alright. Just know that it is not always flooding in Houston

Oh man. I am having no luck. I took a cab and went to social security office and guess what it was closed . On Wednesday it closes at 12:00 pm . I am so tired of all these things. Why life is not getting normal and simple. In doing so I have wasted 40 dollars and time.wow.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Oh man. I am having no luck. I took a cab and went to social security office and guess what it was closed . On Wednesday it closes at 12:00 pm . I am so tired of all these things. Why life is not getting normal and simple. In doing so I have wasted 40 dollars and time.wow.

Life is never normal and simple when you are in the process of establishing yourself in another country. Google or call for opening hours.

Be patient and take it one day at a time.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

There is Malaysian/ Singaporean community in Houston, TX if you are interested:

https://www.msahouston.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/265762535297/?fref=ts

Try reaching out to make friends, help to ease your transition of moving to a new country.

Good luck.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

There is Malaysian/ Singaporean community in Houston, TX if you are interested:

https://www.msahouston.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/265762535297/?fref=ts

Try reaching out to make friends, help to ease your transition of moving to a new country.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot man. I will sure try to make friends over here. I am kinda okay now. I went to gym today with my landlord. There I met few peoples. People are really friendly over here. Oh this new guys with whom I am staying with they enjoyed my cooking. It just sometimes if I think about my wife makes me so depress. I know that is not going to help me at all. Well life shown me horrible part and I need to fix my life. You guys are awesome. Believe me your advice and help is medicine for my wound. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you guys. I need to SSN tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes at the Social Security office tomorrow!

I just came back home from social security office. They gave me social security number and told me that it was generated on 27th. And also without asking anything they changed the address. There was correction in my name which was corrected too. Awesome. Thanks to all of you. I should receive my social security card in 10 days.

Now I need to figure out my green card. I hope I can do that soon. As I know I can do it online by filling AR11 FORM.

Filed: Timeline

Changing address online is a definite must.

Infopass/going in person to office is a good idea too.

Did you try this from previous post? getting tracking info/seeing if card was mailed out (yet)?

Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card. Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked. Then call USPS and inquire for status. In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."

I have not ready anyone's posting except OP's main one then obviously I don't know what others have suggested nor my opinions are based on others's postings. I always express my own opinions based on my knowledge and experience, and I think I can guide you on this issue in a right direction.

First of all, you don't need any attorney right now...not even for consultation. Why? There is no any immigration issue so far. It's all fear and assumptions/presumptions so far, and speaking to any attorney could confuse you more or put you in more fear. Besides, attorney should be contacted when there is a issue which you don't have right now.

Secondly, I can give you guarantee that there is NOTHING your wife could do NOW to your immigration visa because it has already been processed and issued. A visa is not revoked just because a marriage falls apart or parties start to have marital issues, ok. Unless its proven (by virtue of clear evidence) that a visa was obtained by fraud or misrepresentation then it can be revoked. As a matter of fact then even US citizenship could revoked even hundreds of years later too if ever a finding of fraud/misrepresentation is proven by clear evidence than just plain allegations. Ok. According to US govt., granting a spousal visa is not like eating a food...like when US citizen spouse wants to eat some food then requests to US govt. to issue a visa to his/her spouse, and when don't like it after eating then says it-throw it out. It doesn't work this way. There is no way this your visa could be revoked even if she cries loud of fraud or whatever. Trust me. I have dealt and seen thousands of cases like this.

Being a US citizen spouse, your wife could only withdraw form I-130. That's all. Now all the paperworks have processed and done. If she could have contacted US consulate before your interview then it could be withdrawn but now its too late. Trust me what I'm saying. There is nothing she could do now. I-130 can not be withdrawn now. Period. And without withdrawing of I-130, your visa can not be revoked. USCIS and State Department will NOT pay much attention to her request now. Because its about a marital issue than immigration. US govt. did their job when she requested them to grant you a visa based on marriage. Now its too late in the game. She can bark or scare you as much as she wants, but nobody would hear her out. All she could do is- filing a divorce. That's.

If you still like to immigrate to US then you should come as soon as possible, but before the expiry of 6 months since immigrant visa was issued to you. To CBS officer at the airport, you should NOT say anything to office about your marriage gone sour or what your wife did and what she didn't. Just pretend as if nothing happens and everything is wonderful. If they do say that your wife has written this and that to you then just pretend that you know nothing about it at all. If your wife would write anything negative to them, then USCIS would note that on your file. Yet still, officer will not deny entry to you into the United States; instead worst to worst officer would put you on deportation proceeding in front of immigration judge by giving you the date to show up in the court which is not going to happen in your case because your case doesn't fall in that category. Normally political asylum cases and violation of LPR cases are put for immigration proceeding upcoming at port of entry. And keep it in mind that a visa is not revoked just like that. You will be given reason and an opportunity to due process. Also, keep that mind as well that you can always request either to USCIS or immigration judge to grant you a LPR based on abuses inflicted by your wife, if you were to ever apply for LPR again either with USCIS or in immigration court under deportation proceeding. A mental abuse of this kind is also recognized by immigration laws for immigration benefits under VAWA act but you would have two years to apply for LPR under VAWA act after the divorce. So, you have too much time to play all this out. Just make sure to document everything what she has done to you and also to have proofs of bonafide of your marriage as much as possible. These two stuffs you would need if you ever decide to go by your own to apply for LPR based on abuse if ever your visa gets revoked which will not as far as I know about immigration laws.

It's my suggestion that do not think too much about her and what she did. Your energy, time and efforts now should be for yourself. So, find a place to live in the USA and that address to give it to officer at the port of entry so that you could get your green card in the email and social security card too. You can still give your wife's address to the officer, but right after within 2-3 days go to local post office in the USA and file a change of address form with them wherein you would request them to transfer all your mails from your wife's address to your new address. A notification for that would also be sent out to your wife, but not your address. Postal service will not disclose your address to her. This way, any mail in your name going to your wife address will be diverted to you. Further, you can immediately file a change of address with USCIS online by filing form AR-11 upon coming to USA so that your address could be changed and you could get your green card in the mail. If somehow, just somehow your green card or/and social security card are still get mailed to your wife's address, you can still get by going to USCIS local office by saying that you still didn't get anything so far. No need to tell anything about your wife or problems in mail at her address. USCIS will send you the card again free of charge, but make sure to change the address with them online thru Form AR-11.

Most importantly, stay away from your wife even if she might change or talk sweet-sweet to you again; otherwise you would risk your status as well as your mental well-being. If ever she accuses you for domestic violence, then you are done, but a case of domestic violence against a LPR is a sure way for them to be deported which many people don't know about it. And women play this game too often in the USA, and unfortunately most courts do listen to women or USC spouse even if USC is male. So its better to stay away from her. This kinds of woman can not be trusted especially when she is a user and abuser. She played with your feelings and emotions and used you for money. Millions of American women are like this. She knows that there is nothing you could to her, which is true. So just move on and she will pay for her deed somewhere and somehow. Its not worth to teach her lessons or do anything to her. You can show that you are a better human beings than her. Right now she might be in love with this another guy, so be it. Once she get over with this another guy then she would realize as to what she has lost. Just wish her a happy life and move on. Show that you are a man and a good human being. Forget about what you have done financially to her, money you can always make especially in the USA. Save yourself from mental trauma and anguish, and just move on nicely. Think about yourself. And don't think that you can not show your face to this and that...in your office and at home...etc...People do know that things happen sometimes in the life that we have no control over. All we could do is- learn from our experiences and move on. That's all. You don't have tell everyone a little little things about your life, and if you do have to tell that just tell that a relationship didn't work between you and your wife because of a lots of incompatibility. You do not need to tell little little detail.

Situation would have been more difficult if a visa has not been issued to you yet, but this is not the case. You have to be happy that you have found all this out about your wife's traits now than later because it would have hurt you more later on when relationship would be more established one and after more feelings/efforts would have invested in the relationship. Anyway, its my opinion that you should focus on your life and move on. There is no way your visa could be revoked now, that I can tell you for sure. Good luck, man....take it easy...

I am in US ( you may know this). I was re-reading comments made on my post. I would really like to appreciate you for making me strong and suggesting me right thing to do. I have made address change for SSN and today I made address change for Green card as well. I joint gym close to my new location. Also I am going to join some social service or community service, which I could provide in my free time to needy people, so that way I can forget what happened to me.

Changing address online is a definite must.

Infopass/going in person to office is a good idea too.

Did you try this from previous post? getting tracking info/seeing if card was mailed out (yet)?

Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card. Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked. Then call USPS and inquire for status. In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."

I was re-reading all the comments made by my VJ - friends/well - wisher. I have observed that you have worked a lot on my post. Always you come up with best solution and you had provided all useful information. In short you have done excellent work on providing me fruitful information. I am so much grateful to you. I really would like to say thank you from bottom of my heart Damara. I wish you best life. I will keep posting my progress and situation. I changed my green card address today, they told me that within 15 days action will be taken. Also as per your suggestion I have contacted USCIS to track my green card, They told me to give them 30 days to take action. I'm taking small steps to lead a better life. I have started going gym, quite close to my home. Well thinking to buy a second hand car in another 15 days or may be a bicycle LOL. Thanks again.

Is there anyway to come to know if my wife filled divorce. My in laws are suggesting me to get an attorney because they read somewhere that I need to share my things with my wife ( 50/50). They told me if I put adultery charge on her then I don't have to do that. I know lawyer will be expensive . I don't know what to do, I never been in such situation ever. This is worst. All the time I am having fear of everything going in my life.

Filed: Timeline

you dont have to share a single penny as you are paid in singapore.

Is there anyway to come to know if my wife filled divorce. My in laws are suggesting me to get an attorney because they read somewhere that I need to share my things with my wife ( 50/50). They told me if I put adultery charge on her then I don't have to do that. I know lawyer will be expensive . I don't know what to do, I never been in such situation ever. This is worst. All the time I am having fear of everything going in my life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have to declare ALL your assets and income wherever they are.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.